HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's only preason -_- Boston wins 7-3

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2011, 09:55 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Gauthier needs to go and get proven preseason performers like Brandon Bochenski.
Mariusz Czerkawski.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Archambault and Ellis were my two standouts from last nights game. These kids look like keepers to me. Ellis seems to have some composure for a kid his age and Archambault has crazy skills.

To me, seeing the kids is the fun part, the score, not so much. Winning these games doesn't mean a thing to me, I enjoy watching our future more than I would putting out a stacked team trying to win a meaningless game. We got some kids that will be sure fire NHLers imo, that's what preseason is all about. A few kids showed they've got what it takes. I think these two will be regulars in the not too distant future.
I was at the game last night. Your right about Ellis & Archambault, they were both impressive. I thought Avtsin had an ok game. I was sitting in the corner by the glass where Henry's fight was. He nailed Thornton right in the teeth lol. He is one tough dude. Eneqvist was invisible and Masse should be outrighted to the KHL if possible.

Weber played alright and Beaulieu had an up & down game. Once Nathan puts on some more weight & muscle he will be ready for the NHL. Gallagher was awesome to watch, so feisty and give 100% every shift. He got in Marchand's face after Marchand drew a tripping penalty which I'm pretty sure he dove to get. Budaj was hung out to dry on a few goals but the B's 2nd goal and Seguins goal were both bad....

Sold out game with 65% Habs fans was pretty cool. Chara was booed heavily everytime he touched the puck and there was even some Go Habs Go chants.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Gauthier needs to go and get proven preseason performers like Brandon Bochenski.
Sergei Berezin would be amazing and getting close to 30 shots per game in pre season

Old
09-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Or making money, for this organization.
I can see why they need a lot of preseason games, but I agree with you about making money. The hockey is really quite bad, all over the place, like watching a really good beer league where nobody knows each other.

They could at least charge half-price for the preseason. I personally would never pay full price for a ticket to go watch this. But I do enjoy watching it at home. I just don't watch the game per say, I watch the players specifically.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:30 AM
PunkinDrublic*

You seriously have to LOL when reading the GDT on the Bruins board. They are stoked about the way the pummeled the Habs and we are going to be so bad this year. How they are so good and will definitely repeat on the cup ! Poor poor Bruins fans, how delusional can they be ?

Old
09-26-2011, 10:31 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Just giving this post some love

Archambault has completely outplayed, and stolen Avtsin's thunder. They're similar players, but so far this preseason Archambault has been faster, has displayed more hustle, better stick handling, and a willingness to battle along the boards.

Oh and the Whitesnake hype of Ellis was well deserved. Such a calming presence back there for us one D, and it was his first game!
Calm is a good word. I remember Savard playing. Looked like he was in an easy chair smoking a cigar as he skated it out. The guy just never ever panicked. Calmness is a big big attribute for a Dman. If Ellis already shows this, a kid under pressure at camp in the big city, that's a damn good sign.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:36 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
You seriously have to LOL when reading the GDT on the Bruins board. They are stoked about the way the pummeled the Habs and we are going to be so bad this year. How they are so good and will definitely repeat on the cup ! Poor poor Bruins fans, how delusional can they be ?
About as much as ours. Both fanbases are pretty bad in their own ways

Old
09-26-2011, 10:41 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
About as much as ours. Both fanbases are pretty bad in their own ways
I agree but i do think that some of our fanbase are rational enough to understand the obvious lack of talent we iced last night.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:05 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
I agree but i do think that some of our fanbase are rational enough to understand the obvious lack of talent we iced last night.
Yup. But what does it change? Don't give yourself an ulcer by going to read their GDT after an offensive blowout.

We will have our own hour of stupidity in time.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:08 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Yup. But what does it change? Don't give yourself an ulcer by going to read their GDT after an offensive blowout.

We will have our own hour of stupidity in time.
Haha, no i leave my ulcer givers to my 3 boys

Closed Thread