HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

it's tv season. what's your favorite show?

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

vCash: 500
I went 6,000 calories overboard yesterday LOL

up to 197, still look pretty damn ripped though. It's nice to know that I can lose my mind and go into a pumpkin pie frenzy and still not lose it all.

Old
09-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Hey everyone, me and my girlfriends 4 month Anniversary is coming up, and I figured why not get her a Sabres something. (I'm moving up to Buffalo/in with her) and I figured. I follow them closely but I need some help. What do you think I should get her? Would a jersey be right? Or a purse.. slippers? That fuzzy hat with the horns... Not sure. Help appreciated. Thanks.
As a girl and a huge Sabres fan, I think anniversaries warrant something more romantic than material. Even a card and small bouquet of flowers seems fitting. Save the jersey for her birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
I think PK has a pink jersey lying around she might be able to interest you in...
Are you kidding me? I have a puck bunny in the making to gift this jersey to now.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Afino
The Juice

Got some apples this morning.

I think it's time for some crock pot applesauce. Yup.

Old
09-25-2011, 03:58 PM
gaf
Occupied Territory

pasta sauce from scratch for the baked ziti that just went in the oven.
everyone else is asleep from our trip to the corn maze at the farm. loads of fun w/ bonus peace and quiet.. lol

Old
09-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Crazy Tasty

I didnt get the fixings for MM crockpot chili yesterday, and now I'm sad...

Old
09-25-2011, 04:22 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
I made crockpot Chili. Its making the place smell like amazing.

Last edited by TehDoak: 09-25-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old
09-25-2011, 04:25 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
I made cockpot Chili. Its making the place smell like amazing.

Remind me never to eat food you make.

As for me, there are Pats in my crockpot

Old
09-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

we had chicken and dumplings. it was my first attempt. i'd give it a 7/10. i have a few tweaks i'd like to make for future attmepts.

Old
09-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
I went 6,000 calories overboard yesterday LOL

up to 197, still look pretty damn ripped though. It's nice to know that I can lose my mind and go into a pumpkin pie frenzy and still not lose it all.
I had apple betty on Tuesday, pizza on Wednesday and an 8-pint night (at least) at the bar on Friday... and didn't gain an ounce. Weigh-in this morning was the same as last week.

09-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I had apple betty on Tuesday, pizza on Wednesday and an 8-pint night (at least) at the bar on Friday... and didn't gain an ounce. Weigh-in this morning was the same as last week.
It's recently been proven by a researchers "juunk food diet", that it doesn't matter what you eat, just how much you eat. The argument over the years has been carbs vs. fat vs. calories and the winner is calories. If you eat nothing but high carb fatty food you will STILL lose weight if it's the proper amount of calories!

My point is, you must not have had a lot of other stuff to eat on top of that stuff. I DID! lol Bag of Funyuns, 8-12 beers, and entire pie with cool whip, a salad, a bow of cereal, and more LOL.

I lost my mind, but I'm back in my normal routine now. 1,400 under my plan for today, and I will be watching what I eat religiously for the next two weeks. At age 39 you can't go crazy too often unless you want to lose it all!

Old
09-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
It's recently been proven by a researchers "juunk food diet", that it doesn't matter what you eat, just how much you eat. The argument over the years has been carbs vs. fat vs. calories and the winner is calories. If you eat nothing but high carb fatty food you will STILL lose weight if it's the proper amount of calories!

My point is, you must not have had a lot of other stuff to eat on top of that stuff. I DID! lol Bag of Funyuns, 8-12 beers, and entire pie with cool whip, a salad, a bow of cereal, and more LOL.

I lost my mind, but I'm back in my normal routine now. 1,400 under my plan for today, and I will be watching what I eat religiously for the next two weeks. At age 39 you can't go crazy too often unless you want to lose it all!
I was pretty consistent with breakfasts and lunches -- high protein stuff, slow-digesting carbs (low GI and GL bulk), and veggies. Missed dinner completely on Friday. Barley sandwiches do not count.

Old
09-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

I had an amazing weekend.... only down side is that I'm now exhausted.... being in bed by 9 might now be out of the queston.

I feel old

Old
09-25-2011, 08:11 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
You can't go wrong with a jersey. They're pretty expensive though, especially if you get a name on it. Personally, I never get names on my jerseys just in case that player gets traded. After 4 months though I don't know if you would want to drop that much money on a gift. However I'm probably not the best person to take advice from in that department seeing how I'm still single and incredibly cheap. I guess the two go hand in hand
Made me laugh thinking of the Seinfeld episode, where George was adamant about "winning" the breakup with his girlfriend:
<George> "But I've got hand, Jerry, I've got hand!!!"
<Elaine> "That's great, because you'll be needing it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
I think a pretzel and a beer at the game is pretty fair for a 4 month anniversary.
Just the fact you (ThatCrazyRangerFan) would designate a 4 month anniversary is a great gesture in and of itself. I, too, would not go overboard. If the anniversary is coincident with, or close to, a Sabres game, maybe go watch the game with her out someplace, or surprise her by cooking something / getting a favorite local food of hers, and stay in to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I had a lot -- and I mean a lot -- of Pearl St.'s Oktoberfest last night. Eight pints that I know of, perhaps another or two that I wasn't paying attention to. Glad I took the train...
A half-dozen of any beer with higher alcoholic content than the watered-down domestic light beers would have me feeling it.
>/= 8 craft beers and/or IPAs, and I'd be asleep early, and feeling it the next morning.
And we're glad you took the train, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
I had an amazing weekend.... only down side is that I'm now exhausted.... being in bed by 9 might now be out of the queston.

I feel old
Visited my brother & his wife this weekend. Stewie's birthday. He drove go-carts for first time. (He's too young to do it at the one place where we live. Place we went to had height requirements, which he met, and no age requirements). Very fun time. I napped 3 times this weekend, too, MM, and will still be asleep by 9:30 tonight.

My crockpot is filled with gold coins and a little leprachaun. You can attribute the Bills win today to that.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

It has been a gorgeous fall in Buffalo so far. No complaints from me. No no no.

Old
09-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Clock

It's Monday. Where are the weekend stories?

Report in.

Old
09-26-2011, 01:57 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
It's Monday. Where are the weekend stories?

Report in.
Went out Friday, had a few beers, nothing special. Got some work done around the house Saturday, went to the Sabres game. Actually sat near some really nice Toronto fans,which is always cool. I hate wasting beer....

Ended up raging like I was 25 again after that. Just hit up random bar after random bar with a couple friends, ending up at Roxy's on Main Street. Not normally a place I would go, but it was actually really fun. Only downside was that last round of shots...!

I obviously wasn't driving anywhere, so I ended up sleeping in my truck for about 3 hours. Didn't feel comfortable driving even after I woke back up, so I sat out by the harbor as the sun came up, then drove home.

Two hour nap, epic Bills game, then spend 3 hours getting aurally violated by Dave Grohl. Phenomenal way to end the weekend.

(I'm glad I got the post breakup go out and rage all night out of my system. Back to being a responsible homeowner and member of the community though. )

Old
09-26-2011, 02:04 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Friday - watched Sabres
Saturday - ran errands, went to Sabres game
Sunday - listened to Sabres game, went to Olive Garden.. Had the endless pasta bowl (amazing), hung up blinds at the mother in-law. Watched breaking bad.

Old
09-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Clock

Humorous narrative for the weekend:

Have friend. Friend has been single for three years. Friend has been dating and asking PK and I for advice for quite a while now. Friend constantly manages to make his way into the friend zone due to a crippling fear of rejection from the opposite sex (i.e., no move is ever made, and intentions are never made clear that a date is a date and not a "two friends meeting for a coffee" scenario).

Friend ran into an attractive young female that he knew somehow from back in the day. We advised him to ask her out - why not? He had nothing to lose. We further advised him to make sure that he used the right terminology, given that the context of their relationship at this point is still friend-based. There's nothing really wrong with saying "Let's catch up!", but what's better is "I'd like to take you out" or something along those lines. Friend disregards advice, sends a "Hey, let's catch up and grab a drink! At 6:00! And not get dinner!" text instead. His date changes the venue to a work happy hour. Friend still goes. His date is hanging around with multiple guys she works with who are showering her in attention. Friend's response is to go to the bar and get a scotch. The end. No move is made.

Girl sends text to friend the next day. "Hope you had fun last night!" Friend has the opportunity to say something along the lines of "I did, but I must admit that I was hoping to get you to myself for a bit!" or something along those lines. Nah. Friend just says something in the affirmative to let her now how content he was with the whole affair.

Friend tells us about the date, but is sure to qualify it with "I didn't even like her. That was a waste of time." Y'ok, friend.

Friend gets another text. Girl is going to go see a band that one of her friends are in, and she wants friend to "be her date." Suddenly, friend is magically interested in her again! Eyes roll. Friend ditches plans to come over and play Rock Band with PK, her friend, and myself despite saying he would be over for a few hours before the late-night date commenced. PK and I heavily advise friend to ensure that this time he actually makes a move, once again making note of the fact that he has absolutely nothing to lose and that this girl might genuinely be interested in him but wants him to make a move.

Friend gets to bar where band is playing. Once again, girl has friends who are already there. In turn, friend decides to just go to the bar and have drinks. No moves of any sort are made.

Most amusing part: friend calls us the next day and saws that after he arrived at the bar, he suddenly remembered that he didn't like girl and at that point, and I quote, "I decided to shove her into the friend zone!"

FACE TO PALM. Take our effing advice, friend!

Old
09-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Kruschiki

Went out with the wife on Friday - decided no more kids. Came home, watched the Sabres.
Saturday got up and took my daughter to sign up for girl scouts, went to gymnastics, then came home and replaced a glass pane in a broken window
Saturday afternoon coached my son's hockey game, came home and did some garage sale prep.
Saturday evening uneventful -sent the kids on play dates and cooked my wife this tamale pie vegetarian thing she loves but I'm not a fan of.

Sunday morning hockey practice, then came home and read for a few hours.
Sunday afternoon read some more, watched Bills, did some laundry.
Sunday evening watched Boardwalk Empire, then Breaking Bad, then realized I had a cold.

Old
09-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Kruschiki

dupe.

Last edited by Kruschiki: 09-26-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old
09-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Went out Friday, had a few beers, nothing special. Got some work done around the house Saturday, went to the Sabres game. Actually sat near some really nice Toronto fans,which is always cool. I hate wasting beer....

Ended up raging like I was 25 again after that. Just hit up random bar after random bar with a couple friends, ending up at Roxy's on Main Street. Not normally a place I would go, but it was actually really fun. Only downside was that last round of shots...!

I obviously wasn't driving anywhere, so I ended up sleeping in my truck for about 3 hours. Didn't feel comfortable driving even after I woke back up, so I sat out by the harbor as the sun came up, then drove home.

Two hour nap, epic Bills game, then spend 3 hours getting aurally violated by Dave Grohl. Phenomenal way to end the weekend.

(I'm glad I got the post breakup go out and rage all night out of my system. Back to being a responsible homeowner and member of the community though. )
yikes. i think a night like that would take me over a week to recover from. maybe more. wow.

Old
09-26-2011, 02:27 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Humorous narrative for the weekend:

Have friend. Friend has been single for three years. Friend has been dating and asking PK and I for advice for quite a while now. Friend constantly manages to make his way into the friend zone due to a crippling fear of rejection from the opposite sex (i.e., no move is ever made, and intentions are never made clear that a date is a date and not a "two friends meeting for a coffee" scenario).

Friend ran into an attractive young female that he knew somehow from back in the day. We advised him to ask her out - why not? He had nothing to lose. We further advised him to make sure that he used the right terminology, given that the context of their relationship at this point is still friend-based. There's nothing really wrong with saying "Let's catch up!", but what's better is "I'd like to take you out" or something along those lines. Friend disregards advice, sends a "Hey, let's catch up and grab a drink! At 6:00! And not get dinner!" text instead. His date changes the venue to a work happy hour. Friend still goes. His date is hanging around with multiple guys she works with who are showering her in attention. Friend's response is to go to the bar and get a scotch. The end. No move is made.

Girl sends text to friend the next day. "Hope you had fun last night!" Friend has the opportunity to say something along the lines of "I did, but I must admit that I was hoping to get you to myself for a bit!" or something along those lines. Nah. Friend just says something in the affirmative to let her now how content he was with the whole affair.

Friend tells us about the date, but is sure to qualify it with "I didn't even like her. That was a waste of time." Y'ok, friend.

Friend gets another text. Girl is going to go see a band that one of her friends are in, and she wants friend to "be her date." Suddenly, friend is magically interested in her again! Eyes roll. Friend ditches plans to come over and play Rock Band with PK, her friend, and myself despite saying he would be over for a few hours before the late-night date commenced. PK and I heavily advise friend to ensure that this time he actually makes a move, once again making note of the fact that he has absolutely nothing to lose and that this girl might genuinely be interested in him but wants him to make a move.

Friend gets to bar where band is playing. Once again, girl has friends who are already there. In turn, friend decides to just go to the bar and have drinks. No moves of any sort are made.

Most amusing part: friend calls us the next day and saws that after he arrived at the bar, he suddenly remembered that he didn't like girl and at that point, and I quote, "I decided to shove her into the friend zone!"

FACE TO PALM. Take our effing advice, friend!
Give him the following advice:

1) Go on to internet hockey message boards
2) ???
3) Profit

Old
09-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Whammer

Friday night cooked out on the grill despite the rain. Couple of beers consumed. Watched the Sabres game.

Saturday night me and the missus went to a fund raiser with neighbors. Massive amounts of beer consumed while watching Sabres game.

Sunday got the morning 18 in, dried out and watched the Bills game.

Glorious weekend!

Old
09-26-2011, 02:47 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Give him the following advice:

1) Go on to internet hockey message boards
2) ???
3) Profit
No crap. Seems to work around here. Marriages, kids, the whole 9 yards!!! You guys are pro!

On a more serious note, I can identify with what the friend does. I did that for years, and is probably why I ended up dating the last two women I did for as long as I did. (3.5 and 6 years respectively.) Complete uncertainty and fear of rejection, not wanting to be on the market again and alone, etc.

It sounds stupid, but at 33, I've finally got past that. Recently I had met someone through another friend, and decided I'd like to take her out. She apparently had a bad breakup about 6 months ago, and had decided not to date for a while. When I initially asked her to dinner, I didn't know that, and she turned me down. Ran into her again after her self-imposed cutoff, and asked again. She was initially noncommital, but then said no again.

Last week, ran into her and some other mutual friends on Elmwood. One of them pulled me aside and said she had been talking about when I would ask her out again. I refuse to do it. As far as I'm concerned, I asked twice, you said no twice, so that's that. If you aren't interested, that's cool. I don't hold it against you, but I'm also not going to play these games. In years past, I would have been a mess. Now, no big deal.

I'm hoping this newfound revelation will serve me well as I dive back into the dating pool. Sucks that it took a CRAZY ex to get me there, but maybe from that perspective it will be worth it.

Old
09-26-2011, 02:49 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
yikes. i think a night like that would take me over a week to recover from. maybe more. wow.
Not gonna lie, I'm not sure how I am functioning right now. Foos played until almost midnight, and I live in the Falls, so I wasn't home after dropping people off until 1am.

Guessing my choice to only have one beer at the show was the correct one.

Closed Thread