HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Predators looking to add a forward -- Sabres\Flyers?

Old
09-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
No thanks. We might need a penalty kill this year
Are you serious? We would still have

1. fisher
2. Legwand
3. SK
4. AK (who can kill penalties)
5. Halishuck
6. Erat
7. Strotini
8. Mueller
9. I am sure we can find a replacement grinder.

I would do this deal and RUN with it. RUN with it to the bank.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:04 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
when you're a fan of the Oilers, you've earned the right to scoff at the talent of other teams.
Wasn't scoffing bud, just telling it like it is. I'm not insulting the Preds either, I actually find it very impressive how good they can be with one of the worst groups of top six forwards in the league (offensively of course). No need to get all defensive.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
This is my thought. I think turris ma,es the MOST sense out of anyone available... however I could really see Nashville targeting pominville or hartnell. All depends on hartnells health. Buffalo wont move pominville. Burris makes the most sense.

Who would you offer for Pommerz? .... He's looked great this pre-season so not sure id want him traded...but... always willing to listen

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Wasn't scoffing bud, just telling it like it is. I'm not insulting the Preds either, I actually find it very impressive how good they can be with one of the worst groups of top six forwards in the league (offensively of course). No need to get all defensive.
We are nashville.. we know how to get defensive.

Old
09-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

Lombardi for Robert Stanley

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice1815 View Post
******* it.

Old
09-26-2011, 03:08 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
We are nashville.. we know how to get defensive.
Ah, touche, ha ha.

Old
09-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Vinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice1815 View Post
It's actually Slaney.

But, it looks like Lombardi is 3-4 days away from game action. I'd take a 2nd+

Vinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:09 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I wouldnt call this a rumor. Just them talking about what they think is possible.

It wont be Hartnell especially with his recent heart scare.
Poile is waiting for the right player, and its not him.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Some questionable signings/trades and or drafting with respect to forwards (eg., Preds cap hit for their forwards last season actually was higher than the Canucks [and it's not like the any Canuck forward has a 'retirement contract' to effectively reduce the cap hit]).

For a team that operates under a lower internal cap - that is a difficult obstacle to overcome.

It does show though how much better a job the club has done with respect to the other half of the game (preventing goals) with a limited budget - and of course great coaching.

Last edited by Barney Gumble: 09-26-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:17 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I wouldnt call this a rumor. Just them talking about what they think is possible.

It wont be Hartnell especially with his recent heart scare.
Poile is waiting for the right player, and its not him.
I wouldn't really call it a "heart scare," and he's only got this year left on his deal. That's still my eventual guess.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:22 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Some questionable signings/trades and or drafting with respect to forwards (eg., Preds cap hit for their forwards last season actually was higher than the Canucks [and it's not like the any Canuck forward has a 'retirement contract' to effectively reduce the cap hit]).

For a team that operates under a lower internal cap - that is a difficult obstacle to overcome.
It's overstating a little bit, anyway...people scoff at Erat's 4.5, but his PPG rate would have had him close to 70 points, which is pretty decent bang for the buck. His issue is staying healthy. Ditto Legwand, who, had he played the entire year, would have wound up around 25 goals and 50 ish points. Again, not bad for 4.5 million, especially when you consider his defensive game. Hornqvist had a bit of a down year at 21 goals, 3.3 million. If Fisher gets back to the 25-ish mark, his 4.2 million per isn't bad, either.

A lot is made about how bad the Preds are offensively, but it's worth noting that they were in the top half of hte league (12) at even strength. When you're the third best defensive team in the league, you can get by on that. The issue is the same as it has been for 4 years -- the power play is ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL. We get promises that it will improve every year and it never does. For the first time in quite a while there's a fresh face running it in Lame Lambert, so we'll see. If the Preds had even a middle of the pack power play, they go from a good, solid playoff team to one that could do some actual damage.

Old
09-26-2011, 03:22 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post

It does show though how much better a job the club has done with respect to the other half of the game (preventing goals) with a limited budget - and of course great coaching.
Agree with everything you've said. That's what impresses me. They spend less than almost any other team, and get more out of the team (with good coaching and players buying into the system) than any other team does.

Old
09-26-2011, 03:24 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Agree with everything you've said. That's what impresses me. They spend less than almost any other team, and get more out of the team (with good coaching and players buying into the system) than any other team does.
another point to make...their budget, every year, is the cap midpoint. they're 4 million below their payroll of last year and sitting at the floor, so the rumored number they're willing to add is 4-5 million, though i think with weber, suter and rinne all needing new deals next summer, they'd prefer it to be an expiring contract -- another reason Hartnell makes sense.

Old
09-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Codith

What kind of return would Hartnell get? Flyers need some good young defense

Codith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:28 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
What kind of return would Hartnell get? Flyers need some good young defense
That's the area of strength the Preds are dealing from. I'd say that Ryan Ellis and Jon Blum are off the table, but there's a pretty good amount of other guys the flyers may be interested in.

Old
09-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Who would you offer for Pommerz? .... He's looked great this pre-season so not sure id want him traded...but... always willing to listen
The chance Pominville gets traded before this season is exactly 0%, with no margin of error. I believe he's the favorite at this point to be the next captain of the Sabres.

Anyways, I can't see Nashville being interested in Kotalik. Not really a Trotz type of player, and his salary is exorbitant for what he can provide at the NHL level at this point in his career. Brad Boyes could inject some offense into the Preds' attack, but I don't really see a match as far as what Nashville may be willing to part with and what Buffalo would want in return.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:40 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Sabres assigned Kotalik and Morrisonn to Rochester today. Ergo, no cap problem, no need to deal a forward, so nothing to see here, move along.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:42 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Sabres assigned Kotalik and Morrisonn to Rochester today. Ergo, no cap problem, no need to deal a forward, so nothing to see here, move along.
Have you read "da" thread? The Sabres were briefly mentioned in the article, but most of the discussion has been around the Flyers and Predators.

So, no, YOU move along.

Old
09-26-2011, 03:44 PM
threeVo

Deadline deal if NSH is out of contention

To NSH:
Drew Stafford
BUF 2nd 2012
MA Gragnani

To BUF:
Ryan Suter
Conditional Draft pick (3rd, becomes 2nd if Suter doesnt sign before July 1)
4th round pick

I would hate to give up Stafford but we could move on of our strengths into something else. We would have the best D in the league and could potentially resign Boyes or another UFA to take his spot. This obviously would never happen, and I dont think it would work for cap reasons. But that is quiet the cost for a rental at the deadline

Myers-Suter
Regehr-Ehrhoff
Sekera-Weber/Leo

threeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:46 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeVo View Post
Deadline deal if NSH is out of contention

To NSH:
Drew Stafford
BUF 2nd 2012
MA Gragnani

To BUF:
Ryan Suter
Conditional Draft pick (3rd, becomes 2nd if Suter doesnt sign before July 1)
4th round pick

I would hate to give up Stafford but we could move on of our strengths into something else. We would have the best D in the league and could potentially resign Boyes or another UFA to take his spot. This obviously would never happen, and I dont think it would work for cap reasons. But that is quiet the cost for a rental at the deadline

Myers-Suter
Regehr-Ehrhoff
Sekera-Weber/Leo
If, IF the Preds were out of contention, that's a deal I'd like them to consider...especially if they felt reasonably certain that Suter would return on July 1.

Old
09-26-2011, 03:48 PM
threeVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
If, IF the Preds were out of contention, that's a deal I'd like them to consider...especially if they felt reasonably certain that Suter would return on July 1.
If Suter makes it to July 1 there is no chance in the world he is a Predator IMO. He would be much better off signing with DET

threeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:50 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
If Suter makes it to July 1 there is no chance in the world he is a Predator IMO. He would be much better off signing with DET
Unless he likes living\playing in Nashville, you mean? I know, it's a crazy concept, but it is possible.

Old
09-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
The chance Pominville gets traded before this season is exactly 0%, with no margin of error. I believe he's the favorite at this point to be the next captain of the Sabres.

Anyways, I can't see Nashville being interested in Kotalik. Not really a Trotz type of player, and his salary is exorbitant for what he can provide at the NHL level at this point in his career. Brad Boyes could inject some offense into the Preds' attack, but I don't really see a match as far as what Nashville may be willing to part with and what Buffalo would want in return.

---------------

I know Pommers isn't going anywhere....... Ruff likes "his guys" and Jason is one of his type of players. And i agree... Pommers has a very good chance for the C..

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Right so he would leave Nashville the capital of Jack Daniels and Taylor Swift to play in the cesspool of the united states... hmmm...

Not really sure what your justification is. If I was a UFA, I wouldn't sign with detroit. I would sign with a younger team that is going to compete for YEARS to come. Detroit is getting old. I would go to LA or Boston or Buffalo or Carolina or Colorado or Tampa well before I go to detroit.