HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

All Injury Talk: Markov to rejoin team at the end of Oct? Ryan White out indefinitely

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2011, 11:05 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yes. Ryan White and Travis Moen. The biggest creampuffs on the team.
seriously was thinking the same thing.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Eller and Leblanc are practicing !!! Yay
That's great news, I really hope Eller can get a pre season game or 2 and is ready to start against the Leafs

Old
09-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yes. Ryan White and Travis Moen. The biggest creampuffs on the team.
INJURIES:
Markov
Subban
Eller
Desharnais
White
Moen

Those are 6 key cogs to our team. That is 1/3 of our team.

1/3 of our team might miss opening night....what does that say?

Old
09-26-2011, 11:17 AM
NewHabsEra*

With White and possibly Moen out for the begin of the season, Dumont has basically his spot locked in the line-up.. Cant wait to see if they will keep Gallagher for a 9 games tryout..

Old
09-26-2011, 11:19 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
INJURIES:
Markov
Subban
Eller
Desharnais
White
Moen

Eller is practicing today. Subban will play, Desharnais also ( according to JM )

Old
09-26-2011, 11:19 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
INJURIES:
Markov
Subban
Eller
Desharnais
White
Moen

That you're overexaggerating?

Old
09-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
With White and possibly Moen out for the begin of the season, Dumont has basically his spot locked in the line-up.. Cant wait to see if they will keep Gallagher for a 9 games tryout..
Scheduled to miss about a week, season starts in 10 days, maybe not White but I expect Moen will be ready to go

Old
09-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Any update on Schultz injury?

Old
09-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
INJURIES:
Markov
Subban
Eller
Desharnais
White
Moen

you realize we're still in the PREseason right?

other than markov and eller, i bet the rest have injuries that they would play through during the season

but its preseason, if they can get some more rest and healing time, they'll take it
dont forget these guys train all summer, so a little rest goes a long way

Old
09-26-2011, 11:42 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Any update on Schultz injury?
Leg injury, Lavoie wrote he's still out for a few days.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

What's that report about Leblanc and Eller practicing? Are we talking FULL CONTACT PRACTICE? 'Cause if not, they've been on the ice for quite a while now. When camp started, both guys were on the ice with their no touch jerseys so if it's still the case, there's nothing new. They need to move up to the next stage and that's practicing with the guys with contact.

Any chance there's a report coming from the Habs about the timeframe of all of our injuries? And where's Winnett? He would not be a decisive factor, but would have been fun to see him. And instead of overusing some guys, why not try Fitzgerald, McFadden and DeHart on D? As far as I'm concerned, they are still here aren't they? 'Cause overusing guys might mean more injuries, as if we need them....Anyway, pretty clear that McF and DeHart are released when the first cuts happens. While Fitzgerald will be headed to Hamilton.

Old
09-26-2011, 12:01 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What's that report about Leblanc and Eller practicing? Are we talking FULL CONTACT PRACTICE? 'Cause if not, they've been on the ice for quite a while now. When camp started, both guys were on the ice with their no touch jerseys so if it's still the case, there's nothing new. They need to move up to the next stage and that's practicing with the guys with contact.

Any chance there's a report coming from the Habs about the timeframe of all of our injuries? And where's Winnett? He would not be a decisive factor, but would have been fun to see him. And instead of overusing some guys, why not try Fitzgerald, McFadden and DeHart on D? As far as I'm concerned, they are still here aren't they? 'Cause overusing guys might mean more injuries, as if we need them....Anyway, pretty clear that McF and DeHart are released when the first cuts happens. While Fitzgerald will be headed to Hamilton.
Someone said they were wearing blue non contact jerseys. But i dont know why Lavoie mentioned Eller and Leblanc being at practice then.

Old
09-26-2011, 12:08 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Someone said they were wearing blue non contact jerseys. But i dont know why Lavoie mentioned Eller and Leblanc being at practice then.
It's from the Habs twitter account:

CanadiensMTL
Eller, Leblanc and Conboy are on the ice, practicing with their teammates, but all wearing blue no-contact jerseys.

Old
09-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Ross MacLochness

Still no indication when Markov can even join his teammates for non-contact practice? Wow.

Old
09-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Jesse Pinkman

What's with all the injuries!

Old
09-26-2011, 01:00 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Just a minor injury. If it was regular season he'd probably play.

Pacioretty has the flu.. useless fact but still.
I continue to not understand why hockey players commonly miss time due to flu in this era of flu shots (sometimes the shot may miss the strain but still...).

Old
09-26-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
Still no indication when Markov can even join his teammates for non-contact practice? Wow.
Don't expect to see Markov until November at the very earliest...just take that approach, and it'll save you alot of heartache

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
I continue to not understand why hockey players commonly miss time due to flu in this era of flu shots (sometimes the shot may miss the strain but still...).
I assume in an environment where they're with 22-23 other players + coaches, etc...the team doesn't want to take the risk that the flu goes through the entire team

Last edited by Mike8: 09-26-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: merge
Old
09-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
Personally, I don't expect him back before the new year.

I think we will see him sometime in 2012.

Old
09-26-2011, 01:28 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Is that a joke? Plenty of people who get the shot still get the flu to the point of not being able to play a sport, even professional athletes.

In fact I know some folks who get sick immediately after the shot and I've been sick less often in general since I stopped going for those shots than when I was a kid and would frequently get them. I know they say it's a dead part of the flu (or something to that affect) just to give your body in order to build up an immunity but in my personal experiences with it that couldn't be further from what actually happened.

When I was a kid I used to get sick all the damn time dude. As soon as I moved out and stopped following the advice of parents to get shots I stopped getting sick as often. Funny part is my diet is far worse now than it was while living at home. I think maybe it could have to do with how often I got sick when I was younger. Maybe it helped me build up some immunity. That being said I still find it pretty weird that I get the flu less often now than when I was younger and actively getting the shots. I get a flu like once every 3 years now since I moved out. Used to get them annually at the minimum.

Old
09-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inf1n1te View Post
What's with all the injuries!
I know.

Why can't this happen to other teams

Old
09-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Slashers98
HFB Partner

Pre-season doesn't count, players with a roster spot don't give crap about exhibition games, that's why they don't dress. It's a very long season, so if you can nurse a playable injury early on, you do it!

Old
09-26-2011, 01:57 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashers98 View Post
Pre-season doesn't count, players with a roster spot don't give crap about exhibition games, that's why they don't dress. It's a very long season, so if you can nurse a playable injury early on, you do it!
I have no trouble believing this at all. The Habs know now that they won't have Markov for opening night, absolutely need Subban dressed for PR purposes. Back spasms huh ?

Old
09-26-2011, 04:47 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Is that a joke? Plenty of people who get the shot still get the flu to the point of not being able to play a sport, even professional athletes.
Especially when it's actually the flu, and not a cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
When I was a kid I used to get sick all the damn time dude. As soon as I moved out and stopped following the advice of parents to get shots I stopped getting sick as often. Funny part is my diet is far worse now than it was while living at home. I think maybe it could have to do with how often I got sick when I was younger. Maybe it helped me build up some immunity. That being said I still find it pretty weird that I get the flu less often now than when I was younger and actively getting the shots. I get a flu like once every 3 years now since I moved out. Used to get them annually at the minimum.
No, you didn't. I don't know you from a hole in the ground, but I will without a doubt 100% guarantee you that you did not get the flu annually. You may have gotten a COLD annually, but you absolutely did not get the flu every year.

Part of the problem with threads like these, or at least when the get to the topic of colds/flus is that too many people think they are the same thing. They aren't, not at all. Pretty much all the people who think they still get "the flu" after getting a flu shot, are referring to a cold, not the flu. People (primarily the elderly) can and do actually die from the Flu. If someone actually has the flu, it's absolutely understandable that they can't play a game of hockey. A cold? you can fight there that depending, but if it's the flu? unlikely.

Having a flu shot won't do squat to prevent you from getting a cold, and also it needs to be kept in mind that the flu shots that people are given are only done to protect you from that particular season's most likely and plentiful strain of the flu. There's many different strains and they are constantly mutating.

But no, (and I really don't mean this as any sort of shot at you), you did not have the flu annually as a kid. And absolutely, if someone actually has the flu, it's 100% understandable why they may miss some games.

Old
09-26-2011, 05:01 PM
BigFatPapa

Quote:
Flu shots are region-specific. You won't be exposed to the same flu strains in Toronto than you are in Montreal, never mind Dallas or San Jose. Flu shots usually consist of the 3-4 strains that are expected to break out in a certain region.

Old
09-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
INJURIES:

I'll be extremely mad that I bought tickets to the home opener.

Closed Thread