HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If you've been with DirecTV for some time, check out your loyalty gift

Old
09-17-2011, 12:22 PM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

vCash: 500
If you've been with DirecTV for some time, check out your loyalty gift

I'm not sure what the cutoff date is for minimum number of years you need to have been a DirecTV customer to receive this year's top annual loyalty gift (I've been with them since 1996), but it's a doozie if you qualify for their top gift - it's NFL Sunday Ticket free for the entire season.

Most loyalty gifts are in the range of $30 in value annually. This is worth $350. Some people who aren't football fans are having success calling DirecTV, (thanking them for the extremely generous gift) and asking if they will do an exchange - free Center Ice instead of Sunday Ticket.

You may need to speak with the retention department to get anything done, FYI. In my case they didn't want to remove the free Sunday ticket, but they gave me bill credits to effectively give me Center Ice for $30 for the season while keeping Sunday Ticket, which was far more than the exchange I asked for. Super-thrilled!

- T

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:35 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

I've been getting direct tv flyers for almost two months now offering free Sunday ticket when signing up as a new customer.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Face Wash

As an employee of DTV I can tell you it shouldn't be a problem to swap... it costs us infinitely less to bring you free hockey... INFINITELY LESS!!! I mean, it's not even close. But I guess if you don't like football....

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 02:59 PM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

I received a card for 3 months of the Sports package for free. I called and asked them if they would give me CI instead and the guy said that the sports package came out to like $13 a month, and that CI was like $150, so it wasn't a close to fair trade. I couldn't think of a good thing to counter that with, so if anyone here has any advice, lemme know.

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 03:04 PM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Sports pack isn't bad. While live road games are blacked out, the replays aren't. Nice for recording the other teams broadcast to hear what they have to say about the Kings.

Last edited by TonySCV: 09-18-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old
09-17-2011, 03:57 PM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Yea, I was thinking about that too. I think there are some of the sports channels back east (NY, Philly, Boston) in the mix, so I can probably catch more eastern conference teams than I usually do for a couple of months.

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Muzzfan

Tony, I did this too. I just told the rep that I wasn't a football fan, but a hockey fan, how about giving me the Center Ice Package instead?

She was totally fine with this. I don't think is a tough sell or anything.

5 more days to live hockey!

Muzzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Im really thinking about switching from Time Warner to Direct. Im just waiting for the baseball season to end. Time Warner was giving me extra innings and home ice free for almost 3 years by mistake, they finally caught it before this baseball season.

I wonder if they would do the switch for a new account. I like football but I usually go to a bar with my buddies on Sundays.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 01:03 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

I've had DirectTV for years now and I don't get Sunday Ticket. What are the qualifications to get it?

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 02:47 PM
EagleBlack87
Score ze goals

I've been a customer since 2001. I called them up this morning as asked for any loyalty gift they were giving out as I heard some are getting NFL ST for free. She said she hasn't heard of an offer like that. The best she can do is dock off $120 for the program. I asked if she can do anything for our Euro Soccer Package or NHL Center Ice and she said nothing. The other option is to give us $5/months for the next 6 months.

Tony, you lucked out here..

EagleBlack87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 05:03 PM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Looks like you may need to be a 10+ year sub to get Sunday Ticket for free... still glad to hear some folks got some sort of a discount though for asking. Never hurts to ask.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2011-09-18 at 3.05.41 PM.png‎ (111.9 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by TonySCV: 09-18-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old
09-26-2011, 05:59 PM
mbar

If you have Directv and have previously had NHL Center Ice you might try the following approach:

-Call and cancel Center Ice (which just auto-renewed on your current bill)

I'm a 9 year subscriber with no current commitment and they ended up giving me $25/month for 6 months to not cancel Center Ice. That ends up being a net cost of under $20 for the package (it is currently 4 payments of $42 for renewal). And I didn't even try, I'm sure even better deals are there to be had for subscribers without commitments to Directv.

Just a thought that might help a few people get the package for near free.

mbar is offline   Reply With Quote