HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Sabres Assign 14 Players To Rochester

Old
09-26-2011, 03:52 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
Not if he goes LTIR.
False. He'll still count against the cap, it's just that if the Sabres hit the cap they can temporarily exceed it by the portion of his contract he is on LTIR for. Basically, it'll eat into the Sabres cap space and allow them to bank less space.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
False. He'll still count against the cap, it's just that if the Sabres hit the cap they can temporarily exceed it by the portion of his contract he is on LTIR for. Basically, it'll eat into the Sabres cap space and allow them to bank less space.
I think he hasn't passed his pre-camp physical so he's on the Injured Non-Roster list. If so, he's not on the cap. It's the same situation the Sabres had with Teppo a few years ago.

Buffaloed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 06:49 PM
OcAirlines

Quote:
Buffalo still has 27 players in camp (16 forwards, eight defensemen and three goaltenders). The current alphabetical lists:

[...]

Defense: Christian Ehrhoff, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Jordan Leopold, Tyler Myers, Robyn Regehr, Andrej Sekera, Mike Weber.
I just count seven defenseman... Is this a typo or is an AHL-bound Defenseman still up with Buffalo? Or did he just forget to substract Morrisonn in the summary?

OcAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 06:52 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcAirlines View Post
I just count seven defenseman... Is this a typo or is an AHL-bound Defenseman still up with Buffalo? Or did he just forget to substract Morrisonn in the summary?
Morrissonn hadn't been assigned at the time it was written, he was assigned later in the day.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 08:49 PM
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcAirlines View Post
I only counted 15 forwards as well, they must have been counting Morrison and Kotalik

CelticSabre is offline   Reply With Quote