HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some good flashes yet same end result. We lose

Old
09-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
How many more NHL forwards were in the Bs lineup?
The difference is that the Bruins had some of their top prospects playing ( Sauve, Caron, Seguin)...Montreals promising prospects/ younger players are all injured(Leblanc,Ddesharnais, Eller etc). The result in the roster needs to get filled out by guys who shouldn't be there (willsie, st.denis, lefebvre etc)

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:17 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

On l'Antichambre, Gaston Therrien showed Campoli's ability to do men to men coverage with an exemple of him covering Gomez last year lol. Was covering Gomez last year a challenge?

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:18 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
okay JM, Phase 2 OVER.... Elvaluations COMPLETE.

Make the cuts, hand them over to Jordin and LETS GET SERIOUS ABOUT THE SEASON!!!

Last two pre-season games are far apart, ice your lineup with Gallager and with Campoli and Yemelin in the lineup. You might keep Bournival for one more pre-season game.

Where the heck is Ryan White!

#13 -- #14 --- #72
#67 --# 11---- #21
#46 --# 51 --- #73
#32 --# ?? ---#49

#76 --#74
#26--#75
#6--- Campoli
Weber

LETS GET GOING !!!!!!!
Great # for Doughty! love it

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
5 more NHL forwards, I think that's a good difference...
That ought to explain a whole lot of things. For the Habs, the pre-season is really just a place where to assess prospects, where prospects are given ice time against the pros.

Then again, the Bs could have had their last cut yesterday for what we know.

Mathradio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Goals from Tyler Seguin and Chris Clark. Assists from Caron, Bartkowski, Sauve and Kampfer.

Bruins D included Ference, Seidenberg, Boychuck, Kampfer, Bartkowski and Cohen.

The Boston AHLers dominated our AHLers on hits, jump, speed, passing and positioning. We were outplayed in all aspects of the game.

Again, this team looked unprepared. Yes, it is PRESEASON but one would imagine that we would have a game plan that is not one dimensional and at least have the team playing with some inspiration. Flat all game long.

Are you ready for a full season of the Martin motivation and system?
Willsie, st.denis, blunden, desimone, berger, lefebvre aren't exactly our promising prospects, heck none aside from blunded were brought in with a hopeful chance of playin in the nhl.

Our notable players, eller,desharnais, nash, conboy, white, leblanc have all been hurt. These are players you should be concerned about. No one expected those other guys to make it.

Also pre-season is not about winning, its about taking a look at your most valuable prospects...and our most valuable ones...gallagher, beaulieu, ellis, tinordi...have all shown very good things as was expected from them. In that way its a success.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:23 PM
go_habs_go

Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
With a healthy lineup, I'd like to see this

Cole - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Gionta - Gomez - Pacioretty
Kostitsyn - Eller - Gallagher
Darche - Desharnais - Dumont/Moen/White

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Yemelin
Gill - Campoli - Spacek

go_habs_go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:24 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Hey come on man, I'm a big fan of Luongo...in EA's NHL 12.

thanks to EA, I had to go in an edit quite a few goalies, put Price at a 93 and bumped Flower down...Thomas ended up a 96 though..I guess that's the 2011 Playoffs version in the game... woops

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

We were outmatched this game around as well. It's not unlike our game vs. Buffalo, except that it isn't as extreme.

In the game vs. Buffalo they had their entire big team against a rag-tag squad comprised of at best 1/3 NHLers.

Mathradio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:26 PM
headliner

One lousy penalty called on the Bruins?

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
If only all of Gallagher's shots that have hit the post would be goals... He'd be leading the league in goals

He's had like 10 posts?

The kid is a post magnet...

Theosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Yemelin
Gill - Campoli - Spacek
Gallagher and Dumont are definitely not ready. Maybe next year.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:31 PM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
On l'Antichambre, Gaston Therrien showed Campoli's ability to do men to men coverage with an exemple of him covering Gomez last year lol. Was covering Gomez last year a challenge?
Actually, it's interesting.

Gomez lost all confidence in his shot last year. Here's his # of shot by year :

2006-07 : 248
2007-08 : 242
2008-09 : 271
2009-10 : 180
2010-11 : 157

Gomez shot was never good, but it was a huge part of his game. He was just putting the puck to the net, and Gionta or Elias were putting it in (in NJ) or Shanahan and Jagr (NYR).

So no, covering Gomez last year wasn't a challenge. You knew he wasn't going to shoot the puck, and you knew he wasn't going to force his way to the net. He was always looking for the pass... so you just had to cover his linemates.

Gomez has one of the lowest shot % in the league, but it doesn't matter. That's how he gets his assists. If Gomez gets 240 shots, he'll be close to 70 pts, and both Gionta and Pacioretty will get 30+ goals.

HTTP 400 Bad Request is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:31 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post

thanks to EA, I had to go in an edit quite a few goalies, put Price at a 93 and bumped Flower down...Thomas ended up a 96 though..I guess that's the 2011 Playoffs version in the game... woops
Fleury's rating really is unrealistically high in NHL 12. I ain't complaining though, it's one of the main reasons why I usually play as the Penguins.

And yes, I have played online as the Bruins once. They're good, real good. And Chara's an absolute beast...*sigh*

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:36 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Willsie, st.denis, blunden, desimone, berger, lefebvre aren't exactly our promising prospects, heck none aside from blunded were brought in with a hopeful chance of playin in the nhl.

Our notable players, eller,desharnais, nash, conboy, white, leblanc have all been hurt. These are players you should be concerned about. No one expected those other guys to make it.

Also pre-season is not about winning, its about taking a look at your most valuable prospects...and our most valuable ones...gallagher, beaulieu, ellis, tinordi...have all shown very good things as was expected from them. In that way its a success.
I dont care about the score of the game. I care about the effort and the game plan and the intensity of the game.

I saw way too many DMen getting rid of the puck as quick as they can instead of being patient with it and making a good play. I saw the Bruins being more aggressive toward the puck and our guys not so much. The biggest majority of our offensive zone entries were weak and we did not have a lot of puck possession.

All of this can/should be teachable even to the guys going down to Hamilton (we do seem to have an injury bug) so they can be prepared to be called up and produce when need be.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:37 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Fleury's rating really is unrealistically high in NHL 12. I ain't complaining though, it's one of the main reasons why I usually play as the Penguins.

And yes, I have played online as the Bruins once. They're good, real good. And Chara's an absolute beast...*sigh*
How much more beastly can Chara get? I use him in NHL 10 on my team and he's far and away the best defensive defenseman to play with in that game...as soon as guys are along the side boards, they don't stand a chance.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:39 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Gallagher is so ready, it's not even funny.

Quote:

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Yemelin
Gill - Campoli - Spacek
Remove Darche and we have a deal.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:41 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
How much more beastly can Chara get? I use him in NHL 10 on my team and he's far and away the best defensive defenseman to play with in that game...as soon as guys are along the side boards, they don't stand a chance.
Same can be said about Pronger. Age ain't nothin but a number in NHL 12 when it comes to him.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:43 PM
RE-HABS

Gallagher to me has earned a 9 game audition. The kid has crazy skills, with his size I am surprised on how many puck battles he wins and skates out of the corners with the puck or can dish it off through players to a fellow Hab!

He has good instincts and his skills allow him to match well with our skilled players. With Pleks and Cammy there is a chemistry, but a 3rd scoring line could be made with him and Eller and AK as Cole is penciled in the spot with Pleks and Cammy.

Tinordi looked better to me, he is a project cause he has so much to learn and grow in his body and game, but given time he will be good.

Bournival looked good too, he seemed to find a lot of open ice and was able to create a lot of chances for himself and his line.

Diaz looked a lot better tonight, probably his best game.

Price was good, too bad about the missed check on Clark as he deserved the win tonight, the team played good enough to win.

Hope the cuts are coming, but really hope Gallagher gets to stay for the audition with the team in a 9 game minimum cause he has deserved it over all the others trying to crack that extra spot.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:43 PM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Quote:

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Yemelin
Gill - Campoli - Spacek
Desharnais is right now better than Gallagher. I love Gallagher, he's gonna be special, but it's no contest for now.

Dumont well... I was really hoping for Engqvist to make a statement at this camp. He's just not this kind of player it seems. White, who played center for the Bulldogs last playoffs, won't be ready for season opener. So who do you dress up for the 4th line center?

To me, Dumont is for now more valuable to this squad than Engqvist is. But I'm still intrigued by DeSimone.

HTTP 400 Bad Request is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:45 PM
SB164

Who would be a good NHL comparable to Gallagher?

Tyler Ennis?

Marchand?

Old
09-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Habs13

Gallagher is so strong on his skates, I was really impressed tonight when he brushed off Seindenburg, who's a tough defender. and carried the puck to the net. I normally don't root for small players but this kid is a star in the making!!

Bounival was great tonight. Tinordi was good. So was Dumont. The rest (excluding NHLers) were so-so.

I liked Blunden, and Spacek was teeeerrriiiibllleeeeee.

Last edited by Habs13: 09-26-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
almost as good as when Benoit Brunet during the 1st intermission tonight, compared the St. Louis Blues to the Pittsburgh Penguins but without Crosby/Malkin...

RDS really needs to change this policy of hiring friends and former players to do their analysis..

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
I think he has earned the right to a 9 game audition, if he does well you can keep him up. If he struggles he can be sent to Vancouver and we don't lose out on that year in his contract or towards his UFA status.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:48 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
allagher is so strong on his skates, I was really impressed tonight when he brushed off Seindenburg, who's a tough defender. and carried the puck to the net. I normally don't root for small players but this kid is a star in the making!!

Bounival was great tonight. Tinordi was good. So was Dumont. The rest (excluding NHLers) were so-so.

I liked Blunden, and Spacek was teeeerrriiiibllleeeeee.
Watchu talkin' about Willis?!

Spacek played a solid game, one that you would expect from a seasoned vet. His best pre-season game so far this year. Good on him.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:49 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Who would be a good NHL comparable to Gallagher?

Tyler Ennis?

Marchand?
I would say he is a stronger and more skilled Gionta, he has an edge to his game like a Marchand and St. Louis, bigger than Ennis and I think he could be a top 6 player.