HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

MSG's Reaction When Jagr Returns

Old
09-26-2011, 09:13 PM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
I will be shocked if Jagr gets anything but a chorus of boo's.

Eleven of us on a message board might appreciate what Jagr did, but the thousands of New York sports fans in the building that night won't think twice about that.

He'll get boo'd whenever he controls the puck, just like he's playing in Pittsburgh.

It'll be embarrassing, but it'll happen.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:14 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
No Boos, No cheering. Always thought it was stupid how Pens fans booed him. Thank you for your service 68 but that's about it.
I agree, if people don't want to cheer his first return to the Garden, that's fine, but to boo would be ridiculous. This isn't Scott Gomez we're talking about here. Jagr didn't even leave the Rangers on bad terms. No reason to stoop to the level of Pens fans.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:16 PM
NikC

forget Jagr. he walked out on us for $$$. Where was the cup he promised to bring to NY?

He needed to his finish career with the Pens, not the Flyers.

But it should prove what he's been about all along.... himself.

get lost

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:22 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Guys, the actual season hasn't even started yet. Can we lay off the insults?

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:24 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
I think it'll be a 33/33/33 kind thing. Some will boo, some will cheer, some will participate in neither.

I, personally, would cheer...don't see any reason not to. He brought this franchise back to respectability and broke single season records, he deserves a bit of recognition, even if it's only once.

We can boo him once he dominates us in the reg. season.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Tanner Glass
Tanner 'C'lass GOAT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
exactly why i said ill cheer him before the game, the other poster who is shaking his head at everyone said good, smart fans will cheer.. im sorry but once the game is being played, hes the enemy. hes playing in our division now and once the game is over i could care less what hes done for our franchise before. we have to beat him
That's what I meant. The smh was for the people that don't appreciate what he did for the orgaization. obviously i wont cheer during the game

Tanner Glass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:29 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I think it'll be a 33/33/33 kind thing. Some will boo, some will cheer, some will participate in neither.

I, personally, would cheer...don't see any reason not to. He brought this franchise back to respectability and broke single season records, he deserves a bit of recognition, even if it's only once.

We can boo him once he dominates us in the reg. season.
don't hold your breath stat boy, 15g/43p

he'll quit when the going gets tough...

probably request a trade back to the Caps.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:30 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post

I think he'll dominate the Rangers whether he consistently plays well throughout the season or not.

It always happens.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I'm not ignoring anything he did. I'm very appreciative of everything he brought to and did for the organization. That said, he's a Flyer now. Would I boo him? No, I wouldn't. Cheer him? Nope.
This. If they're not on the Rangers, I won't cheer for anyone, unless they spent almost their entire career here before, which Jagr didn't.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:48 PM
ruckus*

Quote:

Says the guy with the Gaborik avatar

And I'm a guy who loves both. Still, the thread is about the reaction he'l receive. Not how much you hate the guy.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:51 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

I'm cheering him before the game. When that game starts though, he's the enemy as far as I'm concerned.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Standing O before the game no doubt.

We aren't bitter like Pens fans. Jagr helped turn this franchise around and he deserves a huge ovation.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 11:03 PM
savebyrichter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I'm not ignoring anything he did. I'm very appreciative of everything he brought to and did for the organization. That said, he's a Flyer now. Would I boo him? No, I wouldn't. Cheer him? Nope.
This is exactly how I feel and I'm actually a bit surprised that so many people are saying they'll cheer him (even if it's before the game). Jagr was one of my favorite Rangers, but I root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. If he was a life-long Ranger, or brought us a Stanley Cup, or was returning as a Columbus Blue Jacket, then maybe. But he's a Flyer now. He's the enemy. No chance I'll be cheering him at any point this season.

savebyrichter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 11:12 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Why would you boo him?

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:08 AM
skymachine

Quote:

But it should prove what he's been about all along.... himself.
What exactly is wrong with that?

Guy deserves a cheer before the puck drops, after that he's just another player. Don't care what jersey he's wearing.

skymachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 02:29 AM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs88 View Post
Why would you boo him?
Don't bother dude, it's not worth it.

MrAlmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 03:19 AM
TriFF51
USA Hockey

I have tickets to his first game back and I will definitely cheer for him. I was a huge fan when he was here so it's showing him respect.

TriFF51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 05:45 AM
NYRSchrute217

Cheer when he comes out, but nothing during the game. I can't root for him when he plays us but otherwise good luck to him this season. What the man did for this team is truly remarkable.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:14 AM
Superstar Carwash

First time on the ice/touching the puck, I'd cheer for the sake of paying respect to a man that has been a great part of the Rangers organization. After that, he's just like any other player. I do think that he deserves some kind of recognition cause I loved having him in a Rangers jersey.

Superstar Carwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:38 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

I've had mixed feelings about Jagr for a while now. Was not a fan of the trade when he came here (as I felt he was just another big name destined to fail in NY), but he grew on me. Obviously his first full season here was incredible. But then he pissed me off by selfishly taking that swing at Gomez in the playoffs in 06, cause he was really never the same after that. Yes, he had pretty good year the next season, and I'll never forget that shoot out goal he scored against Carolina late in 07 that helped us get into the playoffs. I was at that game, and I remember the whole season he wouldn't participate in the shootout cause he felt he sucked at it. But at that game when he stepped on to the ice for his turn, the whole place got on their feet and was cheering and almost willing him on. And when he did score, the Garden erupted like I'd never heard before. Probably still the best regular season Rangers game I've ever been to.

But I just remember his last season in particular, he was very frustrating to watch. It was almost as if he forgot how he scored 600 plus goals. All he would ever do was look to pass the puck. He would get a break away and instead of trying to bury a backhander or taking a wrist shot, he would skate behind the net, wait for his teammates to catch up and look to pass to them. And it would NEVER work. I remember being at Brian Leetch night, wanting to KILL him cause he kept holding on to and passing the puck the whole game, and wouldn't shoot.

Sorry for the long post, but whenever I talk about Jagr I get this way. He is a great player, a Hall of Famer for sure. And he did bring this organization back to respectability. So as frustrating as he made me at times, he does deserve to be acknowledged for what he brought to the Rangers for the short time he was here. So, I'd cheer for him pregame warm ups, but once the puck drops, Let's Go Rangers.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 07:41 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
Says the guy with the Gaborik avatar

And I'm a guy who loves both. Still, the thread is about the reaction he'l receive. Not how much you hate the guy.
and i've expressed my reaction, which was basically no reaction!
ignore him. that's what i would do. Next time i'll pm you before i post to see if you approve...

btw i never said i "hated" anyone. funny how criticism of the star
that "reviatlized" our franchise and brought us back to "respectability" equates to "hate"?

Old
09-27-2011, 08:58 AM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
I've had mixed feelings about Jagr for a while now. Was not a fan of the trade when he came here (as I felt he was just another big name destined to fail in NY), but he grew on me. Obviously his first full season here was incredible. But then he pissed me off by selfishly taking that swing at Gomez in the playoffs in 06, cause he was really never the same after that. Yes, he had pretty good year the next season, and I'll never forget that shoot out goal he scored against Carolina late in 07 that helped us get into the playoffs. I was at that game, and I remember the whole season he wouldn't participate in the shootout cause he felt he sucked at it. But at that game when he stepped on to the ice for his turn, the whole place got on their feet and was cheering and almost willing him on. And when he did score, the Garden erupted like I'd never heard before. Probably still the best regular season Rangers game I've ever been to.

But I just remember his last season in particular, he was very frustrating to watch. It was almost as if he forgot how he scored 600 plus goals. All he would ever do was look to pass the puck. He would get a break away and instead of trying to bury a backhander or taking a wrist shot, he would skate behind the net, wait for his teammates to catch up and look to pass to them. And it would NEVER work. I remember being at Brian Leetch night, wanting to KILL him cause he kept holding on to and passing the puck the whole game, and wouldn't shoot.

Sorry for the long post, but whenever I talk about Jagr I get this way. He is a great player, a Hall of Famer for sure. And he did bring this organization back to respectability. So as frustrating as he made me at times, he does deserve to be acknowledged for what he brought to the Rangers for the short time he was here. So, I'd cheer for him pregame warm ups, but once the puck drops, Let's Go Rangers.
your GM decided to go with a bunch of other scrubs instead of Jagr, the writting was on the wall. Gomez & Drury? LOL

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:16 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Standing O before the game no doubt.

We aren't bitter like Pens fans. Jagr helped turn this franchise around and he deserves a huge ovation.
Agreed. Cheers before the game. Boo during the game.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:20 AM
patnyrnyg

The whole booing the returning player everytime he touches the puck is so stupid. That said, the garden faithful has gotten dumber over the years and he will not doubt be boo'd. Not by me, but it will happen.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:23 AM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
I predict a lot of Rangers fans booing as Jagr scores oodles of powerplay goals.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote