HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Name some players who you were just waiting to "screw up" a big game

Old
09-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Iain Fyffe
Hockey fact-checker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
His career record is 238 wins and 238 loses
238 wins and 245 losses. Don't be fooled by some losses being hidden in the "T/O" column.

Iain Fyffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 06:36 PM
vadim sharifijanov
#bryantreevesbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
Yeah, what a bum.

I could have won a 7 game series with only 8 goals for.. I know it.

Luongo only had 2 1-0 shutouts and a 3-2 OT win in the Stanley Cup Finals... pffft.. loser..
speaking as a canucks fan, consistently excellent play is what i'm looking for. it's a lot to ask, obviously. but when we got him, he was billed as the future greatest goalie in the world. i was as happy and proud of him as anyone when i saw his performances in games 1, 2, and 5. and i do acknowledge he got almost no help, either in terms of goal support or defensive play. but his proneness to fall apart when things get bad, leading to no chance of a comeback, i find that hard to accept, despite his heroics in the other games. he had at least TWO horrible games in the first and fourth rounds of the playoffs, including three in the finals. unacceptable. for many canucks fans, the mantra going into this season is that we were closer to being bounced in the first round than winning the stanley cup. i hope that's luongo's mindset too.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 07:37 PM
LeBlondeDemon10
BlindLemon Haystacks

Hockey is a tough one because its such a team sport. But I remember being really nervous watching Patrick Roy in the early 90's against the Bruins. He just seemed to give up a soft goal at a crucial time.

Aside from hockey, it was agony watching Greg Norman give away another Green Jacket, PGA title, etc...I'm sure everyone was waiting for the other shoe to drop when he teed off in the 4rth round.

LeBlondeDemon10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:18 PM
connellc

Danny Heatly for team Canada. The guy just complies points against lower-tier teams then flops during big games. I always expect him to not show up. Not to mention, his playoff stats are pretty poor too. He def fits the bill.

connellc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Big Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain Fyffe View Post
You mean that have not yet proven anyone wrong presumably? Their careers ain't over yet.
No, but Thornton and Luongo aren't getting any younger either

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote