HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Official Training Camp/Rookie Camp/Preseason Thread V2.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2011, 12:15 AM
  #176
SpezNc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Capgeek has us at 48 with Campoli, and I really don't think Gallagher is getting a contract. No reason why that should stop us from signing DeSimone if need be.
Desimone might get a contract!

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...r-son-pari.php

SpezNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 12:15 AM
  #177
Booba
Fier, ému and proud
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chez Moi
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Let me get this straight....freakin Dany Massé still has 1 year of contract....Lefebvre has 3 years of contract and DeSimone has to try-out to get one from the Dogs? Really?

Habs also better be aware of what's going on in the NCAA as far as goaltending is concerned for next year....'cause Mayer will never be the answer. Delmas might not be....and Aaron Dell and a couple of guys will be available. This guy also deserve a contract and also based on the fact that we once gave a contract to freakin Loic Lacasse....for whoever thinks I'm Q biased....I'm also capable of not liking those guys when it's needed....
Mayer still has two years left on his ELC (the first year slided according to capgeek).

If we sign a NCAA UFA, we are probably going to have a logjam in Wheeling. It's a detail but hopefully we find a way to get rid of Mayer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Since they don't seem to be injured....did I miss the memo? But why are guys like Dame-Malka, DeHart and Fitzgerald still at Habs camp?
My guess is that they were already released or assigned to Hamilton. Maybe the Habs didn't feel the need to release that info since no cares about the faith of Dame-Malka, DeHart and Fitzgerald, except 5 or 6 dudes on a messageboard. (I'm one of those dudes )

By the way, I would have liked to see Dame-Malka and McFarland in a preseason game.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 12:23 AM
  #178
SpezNc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post

By the way, I would have liked to see Dame-Malka and McFarland in a preseason game.
Mcfarland doesn't belong to the Montreal Canadiens. As for McFadden he is injured (if i'm not mistaken)

SpezNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 12:51 AM
  #179
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
DeSimone definitely earned a 1 year contract imo.
He'd have to get the standard 3 year deal. I believe he's still young enough for it...

He must have been given a pto for Hamilton to be assigned there, no ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:44 AM
  #180
Booba
Fier, ému and proud
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chez Moi
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He'd have to get the standard 3 year deal. I believe he's still young enough for it...

He must have been given a pto for Hamilton to be assigned there, no ?
-He is 24. I believe that at his age it would only be a one year ELC.

-He is attending Hamilton's camp on a ATO (amateur try-out). Can't be a PTO because he hasn't played any official professionnal games yet. However, in this case, PTO and ATO have to same value.

I don't see any hurry to sign him. Give him a year in Hamilton and let's see what he can do. I'd like to see him earn a contract like Desharnais or Delmas rather then getting a free pass like Bishop, Mayer and Massé.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 03:11 AM
  #181
L4vK
Registered User
 
L4vK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 266
vCash: 500
Gallagher is a copy of Theo Fleury, just look at this video... its insane !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tugJQy6vT_M

L4vK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 05:10 AM
  #182
Richards10
Registered User
 
Richards10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
What do you guys think about Raphael Diaz? What are his chances of playing in the NHL this season?

Richards10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 05:55 AM
  #183
HabsDood
Registered User
 
HabsDood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Carignan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4vK View Post
Gallagher is a copy of Theo Fleury, just look at this video... its insane !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tugJQy6vT_M
He's a keeper

HabsDood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:15 AM
  #184
Agalloch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lachute, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
So 15 forwards (10 injured), 12 defensemen (4 injured) and 3 goalies are remaining in camp

Forwards
45- BLUNDEN, Michael
49- BOURNIVAL, Michael
13- CAMMALLERI, Michael
72- COLE, Erik
52- DARCHE, Mathieu
37- DUMONT, Gabriel
63- ENGQVIST, Andreas
73- GALLAGHER, Brendan
21- GIONTA, Brian
11- GOMEZ, Scott
46- KOSTITSYN, Andrei
67- PACIORETTY, Max
60- PALUSHAJ, Aaron
14- PLEKANEC, Tomas
56- WILLSIE, Brian

Injured:

38- BISHOP, Hunter
51- DESHARNAIS, David
81- ELLER, Lars
64- FORTIER, Olivier
71- LEBLANC, Louis
32- MOEN, Travis
28- NATTINEN, Joonas
43- SCHULTZ, Ian
53- WHITE, Ryan
94- WINNETT, Ben

Defensemen:

55- DAME-MALKA, Olivier
70- DEHART, Tony
61- DIAZ, Raphael
57- FITZGERALD, Zack
75- GILL, Hal
26- GORGES, Josh
24- HENRY, Alex
6- SPACEK, Jaroslav
62- ST-DENIS, Frédéric
68- WEBER, Yannick
8- WOYWITKA, Jeff
74- YEMELIN, Alexei

Injured:

79- MARKOV, Andrei
91- McFADDEN, Josh
47- NASH, Brendon
76- SUBBAN, P.K.

Goalies:

30- BUDAJ, Peter
35- LAWSON, Nathan
31- PRICE, Carey

I could guess the next cut will be after thursday game. Which players will play on thursday?

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:21 AM
  #185
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,271
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovi17 View Post
What do you guys think about Raphael Diaz? What are his chances of playing in the NHL this season?
I don't think he plays in Montreal this year, especially now that the Habs signed Campoli. Maybe next year he will have a shot since there will be more opening at D with Spacek, Gill and Campoli gone. A year in Hamilton will do him some good

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:27 AM
  #186
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Sorry to seem lost as hell but...Who is Zack Fitzgerald?

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:30 AM
  #187
Agalloch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lachute, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Sorry to seem lost as hell but...Who is Zack Fitzgerald?
He's signed with Hamilton and I don't know why he's still in camp.

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:47 AM
  #188
HABitual Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezNc View Post
it's probably because of the limit of 50 players.

I'm not sure but we were around 48 before the addition of C.Campoli.

Even if I don't expect B. Gallagher to start in montreal, he might leave the habs with a contrat on his pockets.

If so, we are at the limit of 50.

Why do you think Trotter is on the Waivers?

The signing of Massé and Lefevbre are starting to hurt us!
Gallagher's contract would not count against the 50 limit. It would be like Leblanc's last year.

HABitual Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:22 AM
  #189
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4vK View Post
Gallagher is a copy of Theo Fleury, just look at this video... its insane !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tugJQy6vT_M
I was really impressed with this kid last night. You don't see that kind of confidence and maturity in a kid that young very often. Not to mention he's fearless and really smart with the puck. Seems like the vets like him too. His demeanor and attitude in interviews is pretty remarkable for such a young guy.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:26 AM
  #190
Agalloch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lachute, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
Just found that on the Bulldogs website:

Quote:
Forwards Philippe Lefebvre, Alain Berger and Brock Trotter have been assigned to the Bulldogs from the Canadiens. The ‘Dogs have invited forwards Philip DeSimone and Ben Winnett and defencemen Olivier Dame-Malka, Tony DeHart and Josh McFadden to training camp on a tryout basis.
http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/arti...rs-to-hamilton

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:29 AM
  #191
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch View Post
So 15 forwards (10 injured), 12 defensemen (4 injured) and 3 goalies are remaining in camp

Forwards
45- BLUNDEN, Michael
49- BOURNIVAL, Michael
13- CAMMALLERI, Michael
72- COLE, Erik
52- DARCHE, Mathieu
37- DUMONT, Gabriel
63- ENGQVIST, Andreas
73- GALLAGHER, Brendan
21- GIONTA, Brian
11- GOMEZ, Scott
46- KOSTITSYN, Andrei
67- PACIORETTY, Max
60- PALUSHAJ, Aaron
14- PLEKANEC, Tomas
56- WILLSIE, Brian

Injured:

38- BISHOP, Hunter
51- DESHARNAIS, David
81- ELLER, Lars
64- FORTIER, Olivier
71- LEBLANC, Louis
32- MOEN, Travis
28- NATTINEN, Joonas
43- SCHULTZ, Ian
53- WHITE, Ryan
94- WINNETT, Ben

Defensemen:

55- DAME-MALKA, Olivier
70- DEHART, Tony
61- DIAZ, Raphael
57- FITZGERALD, Zack
75- GILL, Hal
26- GORGES, Josh
24- HENRY, Alex
6- SPACEK, Jaroslav
62- ST-DENIS, Frédéric
68- WEBER, Yannick
8- WOYWITKA, Jeff
74- YEMELIN, Alexei

Injured:

79- MARKOV, Andrei
91- McFADDEN, Josh
47- NASH, Brendon
76- SUBBAN, P.K.

Goalies:

30- BUDAJ, Peter
35- LAWSON, Nathan
31- PRICE, Carey

I could guess the next cut will be after thursday game. Which players will play on thursday?
I am wondering why these three players are still not cut....

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:31 AM
  #192
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Sorry to seem lost as hell but...Who is Zack Fitzgerald?
I would had like to see him against Boston last night. Maybe he would had been the one taking care of Campbell

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:31 AM
  #193
Agalloch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lachute, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I am wondering why these three players are still not cut....
See the post before !

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:40 AM
  #194
yoteshot
Registered User
 
yoteshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habland, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
DeSimone earned a contract?

According to his agent, Alec Schall, on twitter, it seems DeSimone has earned a contract, McKenzie retweeted this: "Extremely happy that @DesyStorm earned a contract with the Montreal organization. A huge accomplishment."

yoteshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:56 AM
  #195
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Mayer still has two years left on his ELC (the first year slided according to capgeek).
That doesn't seem right, Mayer is in his 3rd pro season so this should be the final year of his contract.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 11:12 AM
  #196
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
What kind of lineup do you guys expect/want to see thursday? My guess is that Cammy and Gionta get a rest before the last game, and they give some young guys one last chance to make it. If Desharnais is ready to go they might rest Plekanec as well, and if I had my choice I'd like to see Yemelin play on the left side.

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gallagher
Bournival - Engqvist - Palushaj
Moen - Dumont - Blunden/Darche

Yemelin - Weber
Campoli - Diaz
Gill - ?

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 11:17 AM
  #197
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
What kind of lineup do you guys expect/want to see thursday? My guess is that Cammy and Gionta get a rest before the last game, and they give some young guys one last chance to make it. If Desharnais is ready to go they might rest Plekanec as well, and if I had my choice I'd like to see Yemelin play on the left side.

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gallagher
Bournival - Engqvist - Palushaj
Moen - Dumont - Blunden/Darche

Yemelin - Weber
Campoli - Diaz
Gill - ?
Is Campoli in game shape yet ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 11:20 AM
  #198
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Is Campoli in game shape yet ?
I'm not sure. I figured he'd get to play in the last two games so he can get his legs up to speed before the season starts.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 11:21 AM
  #199
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Is Campoli in game shape yet ?
Read that he's been training as he usually does with the expectation of signing somewhere.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 11:23 AM
  #200
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,271
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Is Campoli in game shape yet ?
I'm pretty sure he has been skating, these guys skate with junior teams or solo but I'm sure he wasn't just sitting on the couch waiting for a contract. I bet he plays against Tampa

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.