Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets win 3-1 over Senators

Old
09-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Andy6
Court Jetster

vCash: 500
I only got home from work in time to see the last period, but Pavelec was to me the most impressive player on the ice. Scheifele seemed about 6 months more grown up in the post game interview than he seemed last week after the 4 point game. I'm kind of hoping they'll keep him now.

Andy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:10 PM
bazaaa*

I didn't catch all of the game. THe crowd didn't seem too loud cheering for the Jets, was it because it's a small place, or was it because a lot were Ottawa fans?

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Enstrom is just a pleasure to watch.

I got the same feeling watching Vishnovsky when he was with Edmonton. Difference is Enstrom is so much better defensively.

I knew to expect greatness from all the scouting reports we have gotten from our ATL friends, but seeing it for yourself in a game is amazing. Even when he gets caught up the ice he makes it back in time. The simple little plays with the stick and along the boards. The smooth as butter skating.

He just confirmed today that my first jersey will in fact be an Enstrom sweater.

Oduya was really solid today as well, and Hainsey also got the job done. Our D corps could be dominant this year.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:19 PM
kento19
@kento19

i was at the game and was very impressed. The only nhl game i have ever seen before was a leafs-habs pre-season game when i was like 9 years old. I cannot believe how much i enjoyed the game. It started a little slow but it really picked up in the second and third. I feel so grateful that a local community won hockeyville and gave me the opportunity to see the game tonight. It's something i wont forget!

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:38 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by kento19 View Post
i was at the game and was very impressed. The only nhl game i have ever seen before was a leafs-habs pre-season game when i was like 9 years old. I cannot believe how much i enjoyed the game. It started a little slow but it really picked up in the second and third. I feel so grateful that a local community won hockeyville and gave me the opportunity to see the game tonight. It's something i wont forget!
Hope you get to see some Ice Caps games, the AHL has some pretty good hockey!

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:45 PM
jetster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post
I didn't catch all of the game. THe crowd didn't seem too loud cheering for the Jets, was it because it's a small place, or was it because a lot were Ottawa fans?
I think their was just alot of ottawa fans. It seemed to get louder when they scored.

jetster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

I really liked how the Jets forced turnovers in the neutral zone and how they backchecked.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Whileee

Scheifele certainly looks like a smart hockey player with good hands, but he doesn't have physically dominating attributes that will make him an instant star. I think that for him to maximize his potential it might be best for him to play a handful of games in the NHL, but spend most of his season trying to become an offensively dominant player at the OHL level. It would be great if he also makes the World Juniors, to give him an intense competitive experience.

The only thing that might sway me towards keeping him in the NHL all season would be if he continues to be highly productive offensively over a stretch of 10-11 higher tempo NHL games (last two pre-season and 9-game stint). If he is just here because he is a bit better than another lower line forward, then he would be much better off developing his skills and leadership at the OHL level.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 02:02 AM
bazaaa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetster View Post
I think their was just alot of ottawa fans. It seemed to get louder when they scored.
Thanks man.

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 07:34 AM
Mungman
It's you not me.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post
Thanks man.
I think alot of that has to do with the fact the Sens have at least one player from the rock, that (and the fact we're brand new) would lead alot of Newfies into the Sens camp.

Mungman is offline   Reply With Quote