HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gunnarsson to NYR?

Old
09-26-2011, 11:26 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
You forget as good as Slats is, Burke's better. 0:

Christensen is leading the 2nd liner on the Marlies, not doin' anything for the Leafs. Gunnarsson seems to have the Leafs vote of confidence or is being baited for teams that need a 4-5 defensemen who can play offensively or defensively and is on a great contract and is still relatively young. (25)

Leafs would probably want a good prospect with a good shot at the NHL. For all your ranting and raving about how Dubi is homegrown and a great player, Gunnar is also a homegrown player, who re-upped this summer, and is looking better and better. From a Leafs perspective there's zero reason to trade him to anyone unless we get a boom/bust prospect with very high upside or he goes along with another defensemen with a bloated contract to try and add some cap relief to our team when we gotta re-up Kulemin and Grabovski.

We don't even need Dubinsky why ask for him? We have Lupul and Kulemin on our LW and both play smart hockey and have heavy wristers. They're not great power forwards but they don't need to be.
What's up with that Avatar - I thought you were Ranger's property now

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 11:51 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I hope the sarcasm is you completely joking about doing that deal, because MacArthur is a little over a year older than Dubinsky and barely managed 35 points in a single season prior to breaking out last year. Dubinsky, a year younger, homegrown and much better all around, could EASILY match the year Mac had last year this season.
Yes, I was.

A little HF humor due to MacArther being banndied as a hero in one thread and used as trade bait in every thread a Leafs fan brought up on the main boards all summer.

A true inigma. Untouchable on one hand but would trade straight up for your teams 1st line player. I felt bad for the level headed Leafs fans after awhile because thise threads popped up daily if not multiple in the same day.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
You forget as good as Slats is, Burke's better. 0:

Christensen is leading the 2nd liner on the Marlies, not doin' anything for the Leafs. Gunnarsson seems to have the Leafs vote of confidence or is being baited for teams that need a 4-5 defensemen who can play offensively or defensively and is on a great contract and is still relatively young. (25)

Leafs would probably want a good prospect with a good shot at the NHL. For all your ranting and raving about how Dubi is homegrown and a great player, Gunnar is also a homegrown player, who re-upped this summer, and is looking better and better. From a Leafs perspective there's zero reason to trade him to anyone unless we get a boom/bust prospect with very high upside or he goes along with another defensemen with a bloated contract to try and add some cap relief to our team when we gotta re-up Kulemin and Grabovski.

We don't even need Dubinsky why ask for him? We have Lupul and Kulemin on our LW and both play smart hockey and have heavy wristers. They're not great power forwards but they don't need to be.
lol it was partly a joke, I know that deal wouldn't be accepted. They really should just keep him.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 12:11 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
What's up with that Avatar - I thought you were Ranger's property now
Yeah, we drafted you, what's with all this "We don't need Dubinsky...We have Lupul"

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:06 AM
darko

Getting Bozak would demote Anisimov to 3rd line and Stepan to 4th.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:32 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Getting Bozak would demote Anisimov to 3rd line and Stepan to 4th.
How do you figure that? At all? Bozak (will be 26 this season) is older than either Anisimov or Stepan and had 37 points in 82 games last year.

AA is more than 2 years younger and had 44 points (and 3 more goals) in 82 games and Stepan is almost 4.5 year younger and had 45 points (and 6 more goals) in 82 games. If anything, Bozak plays wing on the third line but there's no chance he bumps either of our guys.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 02:26 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
How do you figure that? At all? Bozak (will be 26 this season) is older than either Anisimov or Stepan and had 37 points in 82 games last year.

AA is more than 2 years younger and had 44 points (and 3 more goals) in 82 games and Stepan is almost 4.5 year younger and had 45 points (and 6 more goals) in 82 games. If anything, Bozak plays wing on the third line but there's no chance he bumps either of our guys.

Bozak >>> Anisimov. Just ask Leafs fans.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 04:30 AM
richardsequalscup*

Bozak stinks compared to Anisimov. If Leaf fans can't see that, there is no point talking to them. Then again, they thought Kaberle was God and he's basically average.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 04:48 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfernandes29 View Post
You need a sarcasm detector BRO! lol

can u explain to me how what he said about richards was sarcastic? when he responded to my reply he sure acted like he meant it. i think your getting confused with the top part which i dont even know why i copied that.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 05:03 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsequalscup View Post
Bozak stinks compared to Anisimov. If Leaf fans can't see that, there is no point talking to them. Then again, they thought Kaberle was God and he's basically average.
no trust me most of us see that in fact some of us like myself CAN'T STAND Bozak Although he has been solid this pre season I just don't like him

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:11 AM
Superstar Carwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyDuster View Post
Leafs fan here is peace.

So far the consensus from Rangers fans is that Gunnarsson is worth a 2nd rounder + 1-2 mid level prospects?

Personally, I would be looking for an above average third liner + a pick or a mid-level prospect with an offensive upside in return. Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with the Rangers 3rd line or prospect pool

My perspective is that Gunnar is a reliable #3/4 defensemen at both ends of the ice with above average (NOT top-notch) puck moving abilities and an offensive upside. You don't notice him, in a good way. The knock on him is that hes not overly physical, but has some size and can handle himself in front of the net. His strength comes from his positional play and decision making.

For an intense stat analysis of why Gunnarsson is solid, read the following: http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/20...than-you-think

He could break out, but most likely will improve at the same steady pace he has been.

As for the Leaf board... it is mayhem there, but don't let it characterize all of us. We have our fair share of short sighted hot heads, but also a sizeable amount of level-headed, self-depreciating, educated, grammar-capable fans who love to have an intelligent debate that excludes name calling and pidgeon-holing.
How would you like Zuccarello and Christensen for Gunnarsson and a 2nd or 3rd? Fair? Too much from Rangers? Too much from the Leafs?

Superstar Carwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:39 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashiva View Post
How would you like Zuccarello and Christensen for Gunnarsson and a 2nd or 3rd? Fair? Too much from Rangers? Too much from the Leafs?
we have absolutely ZERO use for Christensen, noneespically now that Lombardi is healthy

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 07:11 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

I wouldn't take bozak on my team for free. Guy has 1 foot in the AHL.

Old
09-27-2011, 07:33 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Be careful with some of Dreger's speculation. Be careful of the Euro D. It wasn't that long ago Dreger was speculating Stralman and the Kadri pick to the Rangers for Staal. Stralman is on his 3rd team with that 3rd team on a tryout since he was traded from Toronto.

I hate these trade rumors. The stupid Leaf fans start talking about Dubinsky or Anisimov or Kreider for their depth players. Maybe the Rangers can trade Christensen and Kundratek to Chicago for Seabrook considering the Hawks need help at center. They are experimenting with Kane in the middle.

The Rangers don't seem to be in a rush to add a D.

Quote:
Free agent Chris Campoli signed yesterday afternoon with Montreal for $1.75 million after weekend discussions with the Blueshirts during which, The Post has learned, management was talking about a contract for much, much less money.

Former Ranger Paul Mara remains in the mix as a possible free-agent addition, but if the organization truly wanted him, he'd have been offered a contract by now.

"We'll see how it falls with the guys we're bringing overseas," Tortorella said. "We'll see who steps up and who doesn't."
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1Z9Stonba

1967 FOREVER

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 07:49 AM
KapG

Quote:
I wouldn't take bozak on my team for free. Guy has 1 foot in the AHL.

KapG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashiva View Post
in theory Zuccarello for Gunnarson and a pick may work since the Rangers have depth upfront and are banged up a bit and real young on D

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Sorry Rags fans, but if Dreger said it will be for a big forward, then I think it will 99% be Anisimov coming other way around. Which I would be ok with but other than him or Dubi I don't see Gunnarsson and Bozak leaving anytime soon.

I think the trade could end up being somewhat like the following.

To
- Carl Gunnarsson
- Bozak

To

- Artem Anisimov
- 2nd or 3rd in 2012

I know Bozak was under-performing last season but he got much faster and better defensively, looks to have an extra gear to his offensive game from the pre-season. I think he will be a fine 2nd line center this year and going forward, and u can also add Gunnarsson who is a good # 4 d-man that can play decent in all situations with solid sound defensive game.

Would absolutely hate losing Gunnarsson but have to give to get. How would u feel about this trade?

Last edited by Fearless Leaf*: 09-27-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
Sorry Rags fans, but if Dreger said it will be for a big forward, then I think it will 99% be Anisimov coming other way around. Which I would be ok with but other than him or Dubi I don't see Gunnarsson and Bozak leaving anytime soon.

To
- Carl Gunnarsson
- Bozak

To

- Artem Anisimov
- 2nd or 3rd in 2012

I know Bozak was under-performing last season but he got much faster and better defensively, looks to have an extra gear to his offensive game from the pre-season. I think he will be a fine 2nd line center this year and going forward, and u can also add Gunnarsson who is a good # 4 d-man that can play decent in all situations with solid sound defensive game.

Would absolutely hate losing Gunnarsson but have to give to get. How would u feel about this trade?

I don't even know where to begin.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:55 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:

To
- Carl Gunnarsson
- Bozak

To

- Artem Anisimov
- 2nd or 3rd in 2012

How do I feel? Sorry laughs fans but that **** is just NOT happening
Bozak is worthless.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:00 AM
beastly115

Quote:

To
- Carl Gunnarsson
- Bozak

To

- Artem Anisimov
- 2nd or 3rd in 2012

<picks up mega phone>

Our top 4 is set. We don't care if you say Gunnarsson is a top 4. He would be on the 3rd pairing on our team. Thus, we will not be giving anything up of value for him.

Instead of thinking Anisimov, Dubinsky, and Stepan, think more along the lines of Christensen, Hagelin, or Weise.

Simply put, we value your player Gunnarsson differently than you do. We're not going to overpay for the slot we can give him.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:05 AM
KapG

Quote:
Bozak is worthless.
Ill gladly take bozaks 700+ FOW, 2ish min of SHTOI per game and 32 points in his first full season in the NHL.

He has looked like one of our better forwards so far this preseason too btw. Sure it's preseason and all, but the kid found an extra gear this summer.

To the above poster, AlphaQ. No chance bozak and gunnar are moved for Christensen (plug) and a few other plugs. I think the Leafs would just stay put if that was the case.

PS. When it is all said and done, I don't know how any of this **** Dreger and company have come up with makes any sense for either team.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Bozak is worthless.
This is completely not true. As I said before in my previous post that he had an underwhelming season last year because he was put in the # 1 C role which he simply isn't capable. I don't see the that much of a difference Bozak and Anisimov like some of u do.

yes, I agree that Anisimov is better than Bozak in every facet of the game besides the physicality but the gap isn't that big as some u may be thinking. I see Bozak as decent 2nd line center who tops out as a 50 point producer with two-way game and solid PKer, Anisimov on the other hand will top out as a 60 point producer with solid two-way game, IMO. The only huge difference between the two is size which is vastly overrated around here.

I think some of u are selling both Bozak and Gunnarsson too short.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:10 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
Ill gladly take bozaks 700+ FOW, 2ish min of SHTOI per game and 32 points in his first full season in the NHL.

He has looked like one of our better forwards so far this preseason too btw. Sure it's preseason and all, but the kid found an extra gear this summer.

To the above poster, AlphaQ. No chance bozak and gunnar are moved for Christensen (plug) and a few other plugs. I think the Leafs would just stay put if that was the case.

PS. When it is all said and done, I don't know how any of this **** Dreger and company have come up with makes any sense for either team.
Great. Hes all yours. He wouldn't crack the roster of our team. Talk about a plug.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:14 AM
KapG

Quote:
Great. Hes all yours. He wouldn't crack the roster of our team. Talk about a plug.

Bozak is no superstar, but he is far from the "plug" you claim he is.

Last edited by KapG: 09-27-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: dont feel like an infraction
Old
09-27-2011, 09:15 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
lol.
Great rebuttal. Very concise and you certainly seemed to have proven your point.