HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gunnarsson to NYR?

Old
09-27-2011, 08:16 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
Sorry Rags fans, but if Dreger said it will be for a big forward, then I think it will 99% be Anisimov coming other way around. Which I would be ok with but other than him or Dubi I don't see Gunnarsson and Bozak leaving anytime soon.

I think the trade could end up being somewhat like the following.

To
- Carl Gunnarsson
- Bozak

To

- Artem Anisimov
- 2nd or 3rd in 2012

I know Bozak was under-performing last season but he got much faster and better defensively, looks to have an extra gear to his offensive game from the pre-season. I think he will be a fine 2nd line center this year and going forward, and u can also add Gunnarsson who is a good # 4 d-man that can play decent in all situations with solid sound defensive game.

Would absolutely hate losing Gunnarsson but have to give to get. How would u feel about this trade?
1) Don't come to the Rangers board and use the term "Rags". You will not be taken seriously.

If the Rangers were to get Gunnarsson, and I feel they are definitely talking about it, then I would see something like:

Bourque/Hagelin + 3rd '11.

I would also love to go into the season looking like this:

Staal-Girardi
Gunnarsson-Sauer
McDonagh-Erixon
Eminger

The Rangers are not going to move Anisimov for a position of strength in the organization already. Erixon, MDZ, McIlrath, Kundratek and Parlett all have legitimate shots at playing in the NHL. I even think Valentenko will catch on somewhere.

However, Gunnarsson would fit in well as a puck-mover and very fluid skater and would compliment Sauer very well. Allow McDonagh to play with Erixon to calm him down and voila, a solid top-6.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Great. Hes all yours. He wouldn't crack the roster of our team. Talk about a plug.
Off top of my head, I can gurantee u that Gunnarsson would be your #4 only behind Staal, girardi, and McDonagh. He is better than Sauer, Del Zotto, and Erixson at this point and likely will be for another year or two. Not to mention, he still has potential to be better and become a decent #3.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
1) Don't come to the Rangers board and use the term "Rags". You will not be taken seriously.

If the Rangers were to get Gunnarsson, and I feel they are definitely talking about it, then I would see something like:

Bourque/Hagelin + 3rd '11.

I would also love to go into the season looking like this:

Staal-Girardi
Gunnarsson-Sauer
McDonagh-Erixon
Eminger

The Rangers are not going to move Anisimov for a position of strength in the organization already. Erixon, MDZ, McIlrath, Kundratek and Parlett all have legitimate shots at playing in the NHL. I even think Valentenko will catch on somewhere.

However, Gunnarsson would fit in well as a puck-mover and very fluid skater and would compliment Sauer very well. Allow McDonagh to play with Erixon to calm him down and voila, a solid top-6.
My apologies... but I have always thought u guys were called that term for shortcut.

If u guys are offering that for Gunnarsson, then I can almost undoubtedly say he will not get moved. He is worth much more than 3rd and Hagelin/Bourque.

Old
09-27-2011, 08:22 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Off top of my head, I can gurantee u that Gunnarsson would be your #4 only behind Staal, girardi, and McDonagh. He is better than Sauer, Del Zotto, and Erixson at this point and likely will be for another year or two. Not to mention, he still has potential to be better and become a decent #3.
First off I was talking about Bozak. Second of all, Gunnarson wouldnt be playing in any pair other than third on our team.

I know that leaf fans like to think that they are in the same situation as The Rangers as far as players and team goes but they really aren't.

We are looking for a vet D. Not somebody who "Could" become a #3 one day.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:26 AM
SauceCheese91

The love for gunnarsson in Toronto is insane in my opinion. I am a Rangers fan but live in Toronto, everytime I watch the leafs play gunnarsson looks lost. There is not a chance that hes even close to being better than Sauer or McD. Sure he can chip in a few points and make some defensive plays, but this guys value is not as high as leaf fans percieve it to be.

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:29 AM
KapG

Quote:
First off I was talking about Bozak. Second of all, Gunnarson wouldnt be playing in any pair other than third on our team.

I know that leaf fans like to think that they are in the same situation as The Rangers as far as players and team goes but they really aren't.

We are looking for a vet D. Not somebody who "Could" become a #3 one day.
In that case, how bout Komi?

please take him?

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:29 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
My apologies... but I have always thought u guys were called that term for shortcut.

If u guys are offering that for Gunnarsson, then I can almost undoubtedly say he will not get moved. He is worth much more than 3rd and Hagelin/Bourque.
Common misconception a lot of people have. Its actually a derogatory term like "Laughs" would be for the Leafs. I never understood how it caught on so quickly and how everyone uses it, but that's for another thread.

I totally understand your feeling with Gunnarsson. I think he is actually UNDERRATED by most around the league because of Schenn and Phaneuf on your back-end. He is a smooth skating puck-mover who has room to grow and develop still. I'm guessing that my offer and yours are on the (2) sides of the fence and that if a deal was done, it would be more somewhere in the middle. I just know that the Rangers wouldn't move Anisimov or Stepan.

Old
09-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
The love for gunnarsson in Toronto is insane in my opinion. I am a Rangers fan but live in Toronto, everytime I watch the leafs play gunnarsson looks lost. There is not a chance that hes even close to being better than Sauer or McD. Sure he can chip in a few points and make some defensive plays, but this guys value is not as high as leaf fans percieve it to be.
I am a Leafs fan and I COMPLETELY agree about the hype. Carl Gunnarsson as well as many players that play for Toronto are overhyped by Leafs fan and media in general, but severely underrated by other fanbases especially around HF.

Old
09-27-2011, 08:39 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I am a Leafs fan and I COMPLETELY agree about the hype. Carl Gunnarsson as well as many players that play for Toronto are overhyped by Leafs fan and media in general, but severely underrated by other fanbases especially around HF.
Also, on Bozak, I think that with all the hype everyone has heard about him from Leaf fans that they have swayed too far in the other direction. Bozak is still a good young player. Everyone dismisses him because he hasn't turned into their #1 center but that doesn't mean he is a terrible player. IMO, he should start the season as their #3 center and become comfortable playing there and then slowly increase his minutes

Kadri looks like the real deal though.

Old
09-27-2011, 08:45 AM
KapG

Quote:
Also, on Bozak, I think that with all the hype everyone has heard about him from Leaf fans that they have swayed too far in the other direction. Bozak is still a good young player. Everyone dismisses him because he hasn't turned into their #1 center but that doesn't mean he is a terrible player. IMO, he should start the season as their #3 center and become comfortable playing there and then slowly increase his minutes

Naw, the so called "Dr" already spoke on bozak.

He's a plug apparently.

Old
09-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:

Agreed.

And I may be in the minority but I would easily deal away Aulie, Franson, and Liles before Gunnarsson. So if u want u can any one of those three for 3rd/2nd + Hagelin.

I simply want Burke to build our top 4 core around:

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Schenn

Old
09-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Mr Sakich

Oiler fan coming in peace. The Oilers have too many big / slow defensive dmen. We have Peckham, Smid, Sutton on our current roster with Tulapov and Tuebert almost NHL ready. I believe we might trade one of the Smid or Sutton to open a spot for a guy who is a better puck mover (Fedun, Potter or Petry)

Sutton for a pack of smokes might work for us. Smid for a 2nd rounder would also be reasonable. Any interest?

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Not sure where this idea that the Rangers want anything to do with Bozak came from. He'd be our 5th center behind Richards, Anisimov, Stepan, and Boyle.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:50 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
Naw, the so called "Dr" already spoke on bozak.

He's a plug apparently.
Didn't say anything wrong. He wouldn't make the Rangers. He has no worth to us.

Old
09-27-2011, 08:54 AM
KapG

Quote:
Didn't say anything wrong. He wouldn't make the Rangers. He has no worth to us.
You called him a plug. Something he is far from being.

He may not be a fit for your team because of your depth at C, but that does not make him a plug.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:05 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
You called him a plug. Something he is far from being.

He may not be a fit for your team because of your depth at C, but that does not make him a plug.
He would be on the Rangers. The guy is a tweener right now.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:16 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Agreed.

And I may be in the minority but I would easily deal away Aulie, Franson, and Liles before Gunnarsson. So if u want u can any one of those three for 3rd/2nd + Hagelin.

I simply want Burke to build our top 4 core around:

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Schenn
I would take Franson for sure.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:40 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Sep 27, 2011 10:26a

Leafs believe they have 9 defenseman NHL ready. A vet or 2 will be sitting on opening night. Teams are calling, but no offers. Too early.

sent via Twitter for BlackBerry®
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/stat...93069896941568

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
Oiler fan coming in peace. The Oilers have too many big / slow defensive dmen. We have Peckham, Smid, Sutton on our current roster with Tulapov and Tuebert almost NHL ready. I believe we might trade one of the Smid or Sutton to open a spot for a guy who is a better puck mover (Fedun, Potter or Petry)

Sutton for a pack of smokes might work for us. Smid for a 2nd rounder would also be reasonable. Any interest?
I like Smid, but his cap hit is too high for what we need him for.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:51 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I like Smid, but his cap hit is too high for what we need him for.
He would never play with Avery after last season.....

Old
09-27-2011, 09:57 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Bryan McCabe still with no job? Let's be real..he's not that bad as a 5 or 6th d-men. I'm surprised no team has taken a flyer on him.

In fact, if he's willing to take little money I would sign him up to take some pressures off of the Del Zotto's and provide some guidance as well. Plus, I'm not too happy going into a season with a D this young. It's not good for the team and it's not good for Lundqvist either.

Also, instead of going 5 forwards on the PP -- I see McCabe fitting in nicely on that first unit next to Richards. A shooter next to Richards makes too much sense.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:02 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Gunnarson is worth a 2/3rd rd pick or prospect/3rd at best to the Rangers. Anything more than that why bother.

And Bozak no thanks.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
I would take Franson for sure.
2nd/3rd + Hagelin, and u got yourself a deal from this Leafs fan.

Old
09-27-2011, 12:39 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
2nd/3rd + Hagelin, and u got yourself a deal from this Leafs fan.
I would do a 3rd + Hagelin all day. I love Franson.

Old
09-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

If they want Dubinsky, they need to include Kadri and work from there

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote