HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nathan Beaulieu NHL Ready?

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2011, 09:28 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
So, not rushing beaulieu in the lion's den is keeping him in the NHL at 18? Makes sense.

Guys, he's not ready. He makes a bunch of defensive mistake. Don't get me wrong I think he is Markov replacement in a few years but he is not ready yet.
Was thinking the exact same thing.

"Stupid management rushing our players!"

"What they need to do is rush our players!"

Old
09-26-2011, 09:34 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

Silly Neofury, what do you expect?! That our fans begin to respect their own arguments?

Madness, I say. MADNESS!!

Old
09-26-2011, 09:35 AM
SmurfsFTW
Wait.. WUT ?!

Quote:

What I meant is, you can give him assignments in the NHL without rushing him. The kid is too good for the QJMHL, don't make him waste a year there. 10-15 mins tops with PP time, playing an easier game, without the need to impress management, and teach him, make him experience the big league.

Rushing a player is putting him in situations he can't handle. Beaulieu can handle thrid pairing assignments and PP time probably better than Spacegoat. His age don't matter. Much more profitable for him and the organisation to play in the upper level where he'll need to improve instead of playing him in a league he dominated and will dominate if he's sent down.

I'd like to see management trying him 5 regular season games to see if he can be a reliable asset before sending him down, without the pressure of playing 27 mins against top lines.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:56 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halakalakaboom View Post
What I meant is, you can give him assignments in the NHL without rushing him. The kid is too good for the QJMHL, don't make him waste a year there. 10-15 mins tops with PP time, playing an easier game, without the need to impress management, and teach him, make him experience the big league.

Rushing a player is putting him in situations he can't handle. Beaulieu can handle thrid pairing assignments and PP time probably better than Spacegoat. His age don't matter. Much more profitable for him and the organisation to play in the upper level where he'll need to improve instead of playing him in a league he dominated and will dominate if he's sent down.

I'd like to see management trying him 5 regular season games to see if he can be a reliable asset before sending him down, without the pressure of playing 27 mins against top lines.
Based on his size, decision making and some of his defensive play I can tell you flat out he isn't NHL ready. Only on a team like Edmonton where defensive depth is an all time low.

Playing for our team I can't see us putting him in a position that isn't rushing him. Also the log jam keeping him up would create would be hideous.

He does stand to learn a lot more this year in junior than people realize too. Despres is going to be gone, he's going to be relied on as their best all around D this year and be given first pairing minutes. This will help him develop quite a bit as a player and give him time to work on his size and bulking up next summer.

Then he'd go to the AHL next year. Not to mention this year he can go to the WJC potentially. If he does that will be massive for him.

I don't believe it will hurt him and bringing him up right now to fight for a spot against men and guys like Yemelin, Weber and even Diaz to me is just silly. We have the depth with guys like Woywikta too. There's a reason for that, they don't want to rush this kid and bringing him up immediately would put in him situations he can't handle. I'm most certain of that. Think of the mistakes he made in preseason now magnify them 10 fold. That's what it will be like in the regular season and he will no doubt cost us some games. Why do that when we have this...

Markov-Gorges
Gill-Subban
Spacek-Yemelin
Weber
Woywitka
Diaz
etc (there are others)

Now obviously I know injuries exist and maybe for 2-3 games I wouldn't mind it, easier games against non-rivals that suck. But if we're talking about 9 games even... or even a full season... I think this is a bad idea.

Old
09-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Bieber fever

He needs 2 years in the chl/ahl to put mass and learn French

Old
09-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Montreal Typical

Beaulieu needs at least one more year in the minors.

He seems to be fairly close to NHL ready. One more year in the juniors might be enough. If it isn't enough, then add a year in the AHL to that.

He's not ready yet.

Old
09-26-2011, 11:58 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
defensively, he is FAR from being ready for the NHL. he's barely ready for off-season NHL let alone the real deal.

i get it that you like the kid, but come on...

Old
09-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Komarov47

Let him be huge with the Sea Dogs (even if it will be hard without probably Huberdeau), then bring him to a couple of AHL games, then remplace Markov by Beaulieu after the fragile russian broke his ankle/groin/leg whatever it is.

Old
09-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Gaston Gingras

As per Renaud Lavoie he was cut today ..with 6 other Players

Old
09-26-2011, 04:28 PM
SB164

mirtle James Mirtle

Habs return Nathan Beaulieu and Olivier Archambault to junior.

Old
09-26-2011, 08:17 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halakalakaboom View Post

You couldn't be more wrong. Nathan Beaulieu is NOT too good for the Q. Hopefully he has a monster season this year and your assessment makes a little more sense NEXT season.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:43 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
He was impressive for a recent 1st rounder. But he needs time to become "the man".

Old
09-27-2011, 08:30 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Based on his size, decision making and some of his defensive play I can tell you flat out he isn't NHL ready. Only on a team like Edmonton where defensive depth is an all time low.

Playing for our team I can't see us putting him in a position that isn't rushing him. Also the log jam keeping him up would create would be hideous.

He does stand to learn a lot more this year in junior than people realize too. Despres is going to be gone, he's going to be relied on as their best all around D this year and be given first pairing minutes. This will help him develop quite a bit as a player and give him time to work on his size and bulking up next summer.

Then he'd go to the AHL next year. Not to mention this year he can go to the WJC potentially. If he does that will be massive for him.

I don't believe it will hurt him and bringing him up right now to fight for a spot against men and guys like Yemelin, Weber and even Diaz to me is just silly. We have the depth with guys like Woywikta too. There's a reason for that, they don't want to rush this kid and bringing him up immediately would put in him situations he can't handle. I'm most certain of that. Think of the mistakes he made in preseason now magnify them 10 fold. That's what it will be like in the regular season and he will no doubt cost us some games. Why do that when we have this...

Markov-Gorges
Gill-Subban
Spacek-Yemelin
Weber
Woywitka
Diaz
etc (there are others)

Now obviously I know injuries exist and maybe for 2-3 games I wouldn't mind it, easier games against non-rivals that suck. But if we're talking about 9 games even... or even a full season... I think this is a bad idea.
The bolded statement alone makes his return to junior a good idea. He will have the chance to win a Memorial Cup which will be invaluable experience.

Old
09-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
The bolded statement alone makes his return to junior a good idea. He will have the chance to win a Memorial Cup which will be invaluable experience.
You mean "another Memorial Cup".

Old
09-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Would be nice if Shawinigan traded for Beaulieu

Old
09-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. Nathan Beaulieu is NOT too good for the Q. Hopefully he has a monster season this year and your assessment makes a little more sense NEXT season.
He has the physical tools to dominate the league...but as we saw in preseason games, his defensive zone play still needs work and thus far his best offensive year has been 45 points. In an ideal world he improves his defensive play, puts up 1 PPGM or close, cracks Team Canada U20 and has a long playoff run in SJ. That would put him on the doorstep of the NHL, probably starting next year in the AHL but getting a couple of callups along the way.

Best case on his ETA is January 2013(midseason). I think a more reasonable ETA is Oct 2013 to Jan 2014 considering guys like Yemelin and Diaz are older/more advanced physically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Would be nice if Shawinigan traded for Beaulieu
St John is also a top contender, no way they trade him there. I heard a rumor taht Shawinigan was going to trade for Ellis, would make a lot of sense, CB should be rebuilding and Shawinigan needs help on defense.

Old
09-27-2011, 06:34 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He has the physical tools to dominate the league...but as we saw in preseason games, his defensive zone play still needs work and thus far his best offensive year has been 45 points. In an ideal world he improves his defensive play, puts up 1 PPGM or close, cracks Team Canada U20 and has a long playoff run in SJ. That would put him on the doorstep of the NHL, probably starting next year in the AHL but getting a couple of callups along the way.

Best case on his ETA is January 2013(midseason). I think a more reasonable ETA is Oct 2013 to Jan 2014 considering guys like Yemelin and Diaz are older/more advanced physically.

St John is also a top contender, no way they trade him there. I heard a rumor taht Shawinigan was going to trade for Ellis, would make a lot of sense, CB should be rebuilding and Shawinigan needs help on defense.
Totally agreed with everything here CP, except don't be surprised if SJ trades for Ellis instead of Shawinigan

Old
09-27-2011, 11:13 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

I'd be interested to see what performance Ellis can put on without a ****** cast. Back to Nate: time to log big minutes with Saint John. Break a leg! Or actually don't...

Old
09-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Since he was cut, no need of this thread. You can talk Beaulieu in the CHL thread in the sticky section

Closed Thread