HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Avery an embarrassment to the team

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2011, 09:10 AM
FACEMAN

vCash: 500
Avery an embarrassment to the team

I'm so done with the Avery show. Last night was the final straw. My big issue last night is that Sean needs to shut his mouth if he's not going to back it up. He was running his mouth all night at Simmonds, sucker punched Simmonds in the pile while the guy was defenseless. Then when challenged to go he declined. Of course Joe and Sam sugar coated it by saying he goaded Simmonds into 2 mins. BS he chickened out, its a preseason game if you have a beef that was the time to settle it, the game is meaningless as far as the score board.

Then of course I read all the crying he did post game about name calling and I can't help but laugh because of his history of taunting with nothing that is off limits, oh wait apparently there is now.

I haven't even gotten to his non effective, 3 times a game off sides, light checking diminishing play.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:13 AM
rholt168
Hank**3

He drew what, two penalties? I say he was effective.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:14 AM
LotsOfHags
Hag You Much

Send a message via AIM to LotsOfHags Send a message via Yahoo to LotsOfHags
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEMAN View Post
I'm so done with the Avery show. Last night was the final straw. My big issue last night is that Sean needs to shut his mouth if he's not going to back it up. He was running his mouth all night at Simmonds, sucker punched Simmonds in the pile while the guy was defenseless. Then when challenged to go he declined. Of course Joe and Sam sugar coated it by saying he goaded Simmonds into 2 mins. BS he chickened out, its a preseason game if you have a beef that was the time to settle it, the game is meaningless as far as the score board.

Then of course I read all the crying he did post game about name calling and I can't help but laugh because of his history of taunting with nothing that is off limits, oh wait apparently there is now.

I haven't even gotten to his non effective, 3 times a game off sides, light checking diminishing play.
I thought Avery played well. You wouldn't do anything if someone was making stupid remarks about you? A lot of Avery hate lately but every time im at the Garden, everyone seems to be cheering for the guy, smh.

Old
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Well being an ass is Avery's job. If you don't like that, you don't have to, but that's what he's here to do.

Old
nyrleetch

Huh? Last night was one of his most effective games in recent memory.
Also the media asked him if Simmonds said the word. He didn't go crying to them.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:15 AM
OverTheCap

Everyone whines about how Avery is no longer effective, and then when he does a good job agitating and looks like his old self, he's an embarrassment.

Can't have it both ways.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:16 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

So Avery's an embarrassment because he did what he's supposed to do and then got called a ******. I see, gotcha.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Fans are entitled to their opinions on Avery. If you have something to add to the debate, great. If you just want to make a stupid comment that adds nothing to the conversation, please save us the trouble of having to delete it.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Everyone whines about how Avery is no longer effective, and then when he does a good job agitating and looks like his old self, he's an embarrassment.

Can't have it both ways.
This x10000

Avery was back to his old self last night. He did a damn good job too.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:18 AM
thesnake

Here is a post that I can say I 100% disagree with every single point.

Good for him drawing the penalty. Why fight with that guy if he can put the team up a man.

Last night was his most effective game of a pretty good preseason for him. That first goal was his hard work paying off, even tho he didnt register a point.

And he was hardly crying about the name calling. It was caught on camera, he was asked, and he responded. Was he supposed to lie about it?

Old
09-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Avery316
guilty as charged

To me he looks like the Avery of old which is what people on this board claim he cannot do anymore......so im happy.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:19 AM
FACEMAN

He's an embarrassment because he picks and chooses who he goes with. When Simmonds is at the bottom of a pile he will throw a sucker punch. When Simmonds is squared up and ready to go Sean runs and hides. In a big regular season game that the NYR need to win I would say great job to get the PP. In a preseason game where your running your mouth and you decline I say you are a gutless punk. FYI Simmonds would have wiped the ice with him, that's why he declined.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:22 AM
NYR Viper

He still shouldn't be on the team. I wasn't a fan of what he did last night and to me it's a side-show that is not needed.

Old
nyrleetch

Wait so Simmonds would've pounded Avery but yet Avery is punk for not wanting to get crushed in a fight?

Old
Giacomin

I just said a few days ago that I think Avery score a big goal for the Rangers when they need it this year! He played a decent game last night and will be needed, give him a break already.

Old
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12500
Quote:
He's an embarrassment because he picks and chooses who he goes with. When Simmonds is at the bottom of a pile he will through a sucker punch. When Simmonds is squared up and ready to go Sean runs and hides. In a big regular season game that the NYR need to win I would say great job to get the PP. In a preseason game where your running your mouth and you decline I say you are a gutless punk. FYI Simmonds would have wiped the ice with him, that's why he declined.
So he's supposed to change the way he plays because it's pre-season? It's Avery. This is how he plays - stop whining and get over it.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:25 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Wait so Simmonds would've pounded Avery but yet Avery is punk for not wanting to get crushed in a fight?
Then why is he throwing punches at him when he is down in a pile? If Matt Cooke was doing that to Dubinsky you would be okay with it? Kaleta?

Old
09-27-2011, 09:26 AM
FACEMAN

Quote:
See above: sucker punch, talking and not backing it up when challenged. Same old Sean, when some one tougher challenges him he runs.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:29 AM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Then why is he throwing punches at him when he is down in a pile? If Matt Cooke was doing that to Dubinsky you would be okay with it? Kaleta?
Who isnt throwing punches in the bottom of the pile. Avery knows what he is doing and drew a penalty out of it. The people here who don't like Avery rip him for even when he helps the team.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:30 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
See above: sucker punch, talking and not backing it up when challenged. Same old Sean, when some one tougher challenges him he runs.
And I think that's the part that really bothers me because he has gone with the likes of Chris Neil and Matt Cooke and Ryan Malone and David Clarkson. To me if he would do that more often and actually back it up he would be a more effective player. But when he has his little "side-show" is when it's okay for a game, and then he crosses the line and becomes a detriment to the team.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:31 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Who isnt throwing punches in the bottom of the pile. Avery knows what he is doing and drew a penalty out of it. The people here who don't like Avery rip him for even when he helps the team.
He wasn't in the pile. Simmonds was down on the ice in the pile and Avery was throwing punches outside of the pile while on his skates. See the above as a response to this post.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:33 AM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
He's an embarrassment because he picks and chooses who he goes with. When Simmonds is at the bottom of a pile he will throw a sucker punch. When Simmonds is squared up and ready to go Sean runs and hides. In a big regular season game that the NYR need to win I would say great job to get the PP. In a preseason game where your running your mouth and you decline I say you are a gutless punk. FYI Simmonds would have wiped the ice with him, that's why he declined.
everyone picks and chooses who they go with.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:35 AM
nyrleetch

Avery was defending his team. This was right after Sesito delievered a game misconduct. If Avery was to drop his gloves first with Simmonds and throw a punch you would call him delivering a cheap shot. Avery picks his battles he knows when to fight. He would rather get a two minute powerplay then fight someone four inches taller.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:36 AM
FACEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
everyone picks and chooses who they go with.
then don't run your mouth at said person from the bench. he needs to put up or shut up.

Old
09-27-2011, 09:39 AM
nyrleetch

He's running his mouth to get the other guy to do something stupid. Which he got. He isn't saying let's fight over and over again.

Closed Thread