HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Woywitka on waivers (Blunden clears)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-26-2011, 09:25 PM
  #26
Taupy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,839
vCash: 500
Guy Boucher must be really happy right now.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:42 PM
  #27
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,282
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Danielson View Post
Guy Boucher must be really happy right now.
Why? No one will claim trotter...

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:03 AM
  #28
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just for the record, I'm not playing waiver time with you this year.
Awww. I wonder if any player is going to get claimed by anybody anywhere anymore actually. Any. It seems like even when teams have a need, they like to stay in house and don't go waiver shopping. I want the Habs to get a forward on waivers.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:14 AM
  #29
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,622
vCash: 500
I was disappointed in Trotter's level of effort in the pre-season. I honestly thought he would show more determination but he didn't and the Habs did wha they had to do.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:11 AM
  #30
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 10,473
vCash: 506
I figured that PG told him that he thought he was a good player but because of the line-up we have he wouldn't get a chance this year to play in the NHL, so he put him on waivers in the hopes that he could possible land an NHL job elsewhere. He didn't get picked up so he'll go back in Hamilton and hopefully work his ass off and earn his chance in the NHL, be it with Montreal or not.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:18 AM
  #31
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
This guy just reminds me of Corey Locke, except Corey had better hands. Hasn't impressed me at all in any of the preseason games.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:20 AM
  #32
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I figured that PG told him that he thought he was a good player but because of the line-up we have he wouldn't get a chance this year to play in the NHL, so he put him on waivers in the hopes that he could possible land an NHL job elsewhere. He didn't get picked up so he'll go back in Hamilton and hopefully work his ass off and earn his chance in the NHL, be it with Montreal or not.
He had to pass waivers to go to Hamilton, which is the spot they had him penciled in anyways. Not sure camp had any impact on this decision. I find he is better on the wing than at center, in camp they had him centering grinders and there was not a great fit.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:45 AM
  #33
RC51
Registered User
 
RC51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,653
vCash: 500
Trotter on waivers?
Maybe habs should pick him up!!

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:46 AM
  #34
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Trotter on waivers?
Maybe habs should pick him up!!
They should had pick up Valentenko and Carle.. We badly need d-men...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 11:16 AM
  #35
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,617
vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
I was disappointed in Trotter's level of effort in the pre-season. I honestly thought he would show more determination but he didn't and the Habs did wha they had to do.
Why? He's never shown anything that would make people think he'd be an NHL'er in the past, why change now?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 11:17 AM
  #36
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,498
vCash: 500
If Trotter isn't claimed, can the Habs have him loaned to Dinamo Riga?

With respect to Trotter, the Habs' hands are tied if they were to loan him to a KHL team. Plus Trotter's skill set could be more suited to the Russian game.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 11:54 AM
  #37
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
If Trotter isn't claimed, can the Habs have him loaned to Dinamo Riga?

With respect to Trotter, the Habs' hands are tied if they were to loan him to a KHL team. Plus Trotter's skill set could be more suited to the Russian game.
Why would they loan him back to the KHL when he could have just stayed there? Hamilton sorely needs him so he should be there.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 12:27 PM
  #38
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,275
vCash: 500
Awards:
Looks like Trotter cleared. Lawson and Willsie are on waivers today

http://tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 12:33 PM
  #39
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,033
vCash: 500
Zach Hamill centering our 4th line anyone? Very interesting, they signed Pouliot we should take Hamill

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:09 PM
  #40
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Zach Hamill centering our 4th line anyone? Very interesting, they signed Pouliot we should take Hamill
Hamill is a bust, makes Maxwell look like a strong pick.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:10 PM
  #41
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Hamill is a bust, makes Maxwell look like a strong pick.
He isn't that bad of a player, good offensively but the problem is he doesn't really address a need. We need a much bigger body

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:16 PM
  #42
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
Put Spacek and Moen on waivers, not Trotter!!!

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Eller - Desharnais
White - Dumont - Darche
Blunden

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Campoli - Yemelin
Diaz

Price
Budaj

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:16 PM
  #43
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
He isn't that bad of a player, good offensively but the problem is he doesn't really address a need. We need a much bigger body
He might be "good offensively" for the AHL but below average at the NHL level, last 2 years in Providence 75 GP 14-30-44 and 68 GP 9-34-43. He is a pretty one dimensional player also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Put Spacek and Moen on waivers, not Trotter!!!

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Eller - Desharnais
White - Dumont - Darche
Blunden

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Campoli - Yemelin
Diaz

Price
Budaj
Why?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:19 PM
  #44
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Put Spacek and Moen on waivers, not Trotter!!!

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Eller - Desharnais
White - Dumont - Darche
Blunden

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Campoli - Yemelin
Diaz

Price
Budaj
Trotter didn't get claimed

Spacek and Moen both enter their final year of contract, getting rid of them now would be a mistake. We need Moen and he hasn't done anything wrong in the 2 years he has played here and Spacek as much as we don't like the guy we need him this year. Sending him to Hamilton to keep Diaz on the sidelines? Not a good idea, Diaz can use a full year in Hamilton

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:22 PM
  #45
Agalloch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lachute, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,705
vCash: 500
Henry and Blunden would need waivers too. Is it possible that both made the team ?

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:32 PM
  #46
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,222
vCash: 500
I thought with the way budaj has played Lawson would get another look, guess not.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:36 PM
  #47
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I thought with the way budaj has played Lawson would get another look, guess not.
They didn't pay Budaj 2.3 mil to play in the AHL. Lawson hasn't look bad but not to the point where you reconsider Budaj as #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Trotter didn't get claimed

Spacek and Moen both enter their final year of contract, getting rid of them now would be a mistake. We need Moen and he hasn't done anything wrong in the 2 years he has played here and Spacek as much as we don't like the guy we need him this year. Sending him to Hamilton to keep Diaz on the sidelines? Not a good idea, Diaz can use a full year in Hamilton
Spacek has also looked much quicker this preseason and has a ton of experience. I think he'll bounce back.


Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 09-27-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:40 PM
  #48
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,117
vCash: 500
nobody of NHL calibre in this group.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:43 PM
  #49
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
They didn't pay Budaj 2.3 mil to play in the AHL. Lawson hasn't look bad but not to the point where you reconsider Budaj as #2.
Lawson looked decent, reguardless of how much you pay Budaj if he sucks he sucks. Who is next in line after Lawson?

Edit: Mayer! So if Lawson gets claimed and Price goes down we get a Budaj/Mayer tandem? Yikes

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:45 PM
  #50
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,910
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Zach Hamill centering our 4th line anyone? Very interesting, they signed Pouliot we should take Hamill
hamill on waivers? i thought he was one of their better prospects...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.