HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Predators looking to add a forward -- Sabres\Flyers?

Old
09-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

vCash: 500
This is the precursor to the trade with the Bruins for Ellis. Boston has a glut of forward prospects that are looking great at camp but cannot crack the Boston roster.

Caron, Hamill, Sauve, Arniel are all looking NHL ready with one spot to be had.

Boston had the deal in place for the 9th overall for Ellis then when Hamilton was not taken by Philly the deal was off and Boston took Hamilton.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:38 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
This is the precursor to the trade with the Bruins for Ellis. Boston has a glut of forward prospects that are looking great at camp but cannot crack the Boston roster.

Caron, Hamill, Sauve, Arniel are all looking NHL ready with one spot to be had.

Boston had the deal in place for the 9th overall for Ellis then when Hamilton was not taken by Philly the deal was off and Boston took Hamilton.
The story we've heard was that Nashville bailed when the guy they wanted (Couturier) was taken. Either way, I don't think it benefits the Preds to trade Ellis in a prospect swap. They have good foqrward prospects in Taylor beck, Craig smith, Patric Cehlin, miikka salomaaki,and Austin Watson. They need someone who can play in the top six NOW.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:42 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Boyes on the wing is not a bad player. I wonder if they kicked the tires there and found Buffalo unwilling at the moment to move him given the options for waivers? The Flyers do seem like a fit, given their history of deal-making over the years.
Andy Strickland once told me at a game in Nashville that the Preds had an offer on the table at the deadline two years ago for Boyes and Colaicavo, but the Blues decided to stick with them, so I know Boyes is someone they've had interest in, in the past.

I don't think anything is really imminent for anyone, as I'm sure that Nashville will want to give what they have a couple of weeks to see who can do what. I'd be looking for a deal to happen more in the November-February window.

Old
09-27-2011, 07:07 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
The story we've heard was that Nashville bailed when the guy they wanted (Couturier) was taken. Either way, I don't think it benefits the Preds to trade Ellis in a prospect swap. They have good foqrward prospects in Taylor beck, Craig smith, Patric Cehlin, miikka salomaaki,and Austin Watson. They need someone who can play in the top six NOW.

His name is Hemsky and apparently he's healthy.

*knocks on wood*
*puts on flame retardant underwear*
*equips flame shield*
*drinks lava*
:

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I would do a deal for MPS for ellis in a heartbeat.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:33 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I would do a deal for MPS for ellis in a heartbeat.
*pulls out flamethrower*

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:57 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Sean Avery - on the last year of his deal, less than 2m. 2-way agitator, anywhere from 30-50pts depending on how much he plays and who he plays with.
and
Pavel Valenentenko - 24 y/o stay at home, Dan Girardi like defenseman who doesn't fit in the Rangers system because he doesn't keep up with their pinching style of defense and there are too many young defenders ahead of him. He's got a shot and blocks s4hots in his own end. 850K for 1 year, RFA after that.
Quote:
several media members said he reminded them of Volchenkov.
http://theahl.com/valentenko-a-prime...locker-p170815

Avery, Valentenko (VTank)
for
Zach Budish and 2nd

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Tarpit*

EDM: Omark
for
NASH: Magnus Hellberg

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 10:40 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpit View Post
EDM: Omark
for
NASH: Magnus Hellberg
i can't see Nashville giving up a guy they just drafted basically to be "the future" in goal, somewhere down the road for a guy that's shrouded in question marks like Omark.

If you want Pickard or Jeremy Smith for Omark, then we can probably talk.

Old
09-27-2011, 10:43 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Or if the rumors coming out of Russia are true Radulov has a conflict with his coach in Russia and the Preds might not need to look for anything.

But let's face it. Preds fans have been playing 'Waiting for Radulov' for a couple years now.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 12:31 PM
maplepred

I wish we had of jumped all over the Jeff Carter deal and offered more than Columbus! Voracek and a first for a young, superstar forward with good contract?? Where were you on that one Poile!?!?

But on a side note, we don't need a top 6 guy, that's something we have a lot of, we need a #1 guy, we need a go to star forward. We have hartnell's, boyes', etc, we need a Carter, parise, perry type player, plain and simple!

Does Poile expect Josi, Blum, Ellis, Ekholm, and Roussel to all make team in next two years??? So trade one or two of them in a package and get a star forward! I'm sure we could also add in a current NHL top 6 forward as well because we would be crowded if we added too p player without shedding a guy,

Something along the lines of,

Erat, josi, and a 2nd rounder for someone's top line player!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Or if the rumors coming out of Russia are true Radulov has a conflict with his coach in Russia and the Preds might not need to look for anything.

But let's face it. Preds fans have been playing 'Waiting for Radulov' for a couple years now.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:43 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
I wish we had of jumped all over the Jeff Carter deal and offered more than Columbus! Voracek and a first for a young, superstar forward with good contract?? Where were you on that one Poile!?!?

But on a side note, we don't need a top 6 guy, that's something we have a lot of, we need a #1 guy, we need a go to star forward. We have hartnell's, boyes', etc, we need a Carter, parise, perry type player, plain and simple!

Does Poile expect Josi, Blum, Ellis, Ekholm, and Roussel to all make team in next two years??? So trade one or two of them in a package and get a star forward! I'm sure we could also add in a current NHL top 6 forward as well because we would be crowded if we added too p player without shedding a guy,

Something along the lines of,

Erat, josi, and a 2nd rounder for someone's top line player!?
It's not quite as simple as you're describing.

Old
09-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
*pulls out flamethrower*
*fire extinguisher beats flames*

I would like to see Nashville put up a solid package for Turris. Cal O'Reilly + defensive prospect should get it done.

SK Fisher Erat
Wilson Legwand Hornqvist
Bergfors Turris Halischuck
Tootoo Smithson Spaling

Suter Weber
Blumb Klein
Josi Hillen

Old
09-27-2011, 02:10 PM
phlocky

From the Flyers, a couple of things come to mind. First, I'd assume that the following players are NOT on the table (except for something like Suter or Weber) as they appear to be the new "core" for the Flyers forwards moving forward: Giroux, JVR, Schenn and Couturier. Also, I think it would be dificult for the Flyers to move either Simmonds or Voracek without a quality young forward who can play in the top6/top9 right now returning to the Flyers and then that kind of defeats the purpose of the Preds aquiring one of them.

Hartnell was part of the "Ole City Crew" with Richards, Carter, Lupul, Downie and Upshall. He is the only holdout from that crew still on the team and he was quoted earlier this summer as saying "I'm out" indicating that he is either being shopped by the Flyers, he wants a trade, or that once his contract is over he won't be reisinging with the Flyers. Also, I DO think that one of the reasons the Flyers wanted Simmonds as part of the Richards trade is that they want him to be Hartnells replacement. It just seems to make the most sense for Hartnell to be a forward the Flyers are willing to move. The Flyers have 3 prospects who have really impressed in camp this year and they are competing for just one roster spot. Freeing up Hartnells 4.2 mil contract would enable the Flyers to keep Couturier (one of the prospects competing for that last roster spot) if they feel he is ready. Without clearing some salary, it will be extremely difficult for the flyers to fit Couturier's 1.3+ mil salary in this year.

phlocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
From the Flyers, a couple of things come to mind. First, I'd assume that the following players are NOT on the table (except for something like Suter or Weber) as they appear to be the new "core" for the Flyers forwards moving forward: Giroux, JVR, Schenn and Couturier. Also, I think it would be dificult for the Flyers to move either Simmonds or Voracek without a quality young forward who can play in the top6/top9 right now returning to the Flyers and then that kind of defeats the purpose of the Preds aquiring one of them.

Hartnell was part of the "Ole City Crew" with Richards, Carter, Lupul, Downie and Upshall. He is the only holdout from that crew still on the team and he was quoted earlier this summer as saying "I'm out" indicating that he is either being shopped by the Flyers, he wants a trade, or that once his contract is over he won't be reisinging with the Flyers. Also, I DO think that one of the reasons the Flyers wanted Simmonds as part of the Richards trade is that they want him to be Hartnells replacement. It just seems to make the most sense for Hartnell to be a forward the Flyers are willing to move. The Flyers have 3 prospects who have really impressed in camp this year and they are competing for just one roster spot. Freeing up Hartnells 4.2 mil contract would enable the Flyers to keep Couturier (one of the prospects competing for that last roster spot) if they feel he is ready. Without clearing some salary, it will be extremely difficult for the flyers to fit Couturier's 1.3+ mil salary in this year.
problem is hartnell isn;t healthy anymore. That spells trouble for the trade.

Old
09-27-2011, 03:37 PM
TheStranger

Lombardi?

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 03:43 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
problem is hartnell isn;t healthy anymore. That spells trouble for the trade.
He was ruled healthy today.

But I agree with Phlocky. I'd love to see Weber or Suter come back, but I'm not sure what the Flyers would be willing to move for any player.

Similar to the previous poster who wished NSH would have been in on the Carter deal, I would have loved to have known that Lombardi and Franson were both being shopped for peanuts (seemingly).

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 04:25 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
He was ruled healthy today.

But I agree with Phlocky. I'd love to see Weber or Suter come back, but I'm not sure what the Flyers would be willing to move for any player.

Similar to the previous poster who wished NSH would have been in on the Carter deal, I would have loved to have known that Lombardi and Franson were both being shopped for peanuts (seemingly).
it wasn't for peanuts. at the time the deal was made, there was questions on whether or not Lombardi would play not only this year, but ever again. He still wasn't even riding a stationary bike, and hadn't in almsot a year. Franson was the grease to get the deal done to get a player that, even if healthy, was no longer in the Preds plans (given the acquisition of a similar but better player in Mike Fisher last season). David Poile said he spoke to Homer about both Carter and Richards, but from the sound of it, the Kings and Jackets had pieces (a high first and brayden schenn) that the Preds couldn't offer.

I do think they have interest in Hartnell, and I do think it will happen in time.

Old
09-27-2011, 05:32 PM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Boyes on the wing is not a bad player. I wonder if they kicked the tires there and found Buffalo unwilling at the moment to move him given the options for waivers? The Flyers do seem like a fit, given their history of deal-making over the years.
Boyes for a depth gritty forward and a mid round pick. Maybe Boyes for Reily and a 4th

TehDoak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:28 PM
OneSharpMarble

What would the predators be willing to trade for a top 6 forward? Just picks and prospects?

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:40 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
What would the predators be willing to trade for a top 6 forward? Just picks and prospects?
Pretty much, there are a couple of roster guys that could possibly b e available as part of a deal--O'Reilly, Halischuk, Lindback...but I think they would mostly be willing to deal from their impressive pool of defensive prospects.

Old
09-27-2011, 07:59 PM
b in vancouver

Kelly - solid two way forward, centre or wing, not much offence but brings a cup ring into your locker room
Sauve - fast, nice release, making a strong case to stick with the B's though he'll probably be the last cut or two. would probably see a decent amount of time in your line-up this year.

for

Ellis - gives the Bruins that 2nd quality d prospect to go along with Hamilton
3rd round pick - not sure what the add-on would be but...

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by b in vancouver View Post
Kelly - solid two way forward, centre or wing, not much offence but brings a cup ring into your locker room
Sauve - fast, nice release, making a strong case to stick with the B's though he'll probably be the last cut or two. would probably see a decent amount of time in your line-up this year.

for

You lost me at "not much offence" Nashville needs scoring, not a worse version of Legwand/Fisher.

Gotta admit I don't know much about Sauve. I imagine Poile is looking for a more proven talent, not a prospect. B's seem like good trading partners though.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:10 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by b in vancouver View Post

for

That's pretty rough, dude. You're asking for our top prospect in exchange for a 3rd line gri der, albeit a decent one.

Old
09-27-2011, 10:42 PM
hockeyfreak7

Flyers have a lot of forwards competing for not a lot of spots. If a youngster impresses in the regular season (Read, Couturier, even Simmonds or Schenn apply), then, and only then could I see Hartnell being moved.

I'm a huge Hartnell supporter as he brings an extremely unique skill set to the table, but if he was the piece used to bring in a good, young defender, I'd be open minded.

Nashville is pretty much the only team that has the depth to make such a move. Blum or Ellis would be great acquisitions for the Flyers.

On paper, I think a deal of fair value could easily be made...but the problem is that the Predator's future D core does have some uncertainty, so the willingness to deal Ellis or Blum might not be as high as we might think. The Flyers are also in an odd spot with 4 defenders that could easily be considered better than Blum or Ellis right now, so that might not be a smart move to make right now either.

Lot's of variables in play, so if a move were to be made between the two teams, it would not be for a couple months...and by then, even more variables will be introduced.

So basically, I could see a smaller deal being made including Josi or maybe even Ekholm to bring in a decent top six forward. The Flyers probably wouldnt be moving Hartnell in that type of deal, so I'm not sure I could see a deal being made at this point unless they have interest in someone like Matt Read which they probably dont.

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote