HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers 28 Cuts; The Preliminary Thoughts (9/26: Thuresson, Deveaux cut)

Old
09-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
this whole vtank thing stinks.

the game against the devils hadnt even ended- heck it was the 2nd period i think, and already some of the media tools were tweeting about vtank going back to russia.

dooshes

gimme a break. talk about taking the bias bait.... its almost like they are hoping/expecting he skates directly from the ice to a waiting russian plane bound for moscow.

if he doesnt leave for russia - and im hoping he stays and fulfills his contract this season, he may get a shot on a call up or injury. you never know. this doesnt mean hes finished. look at sauers situation.

and if you all think that del zotto has been perfect so far, he hasnt. same with erixon, hes looked overmatched a few times, and forget eminger- hes an average 7th man. heck, mike sauer who is universally loved around here- and with good reason, looked shaky the other night. tanks playing partner is a fringe player so it wasnt like he had a roster player from last years team watching his back- like del zotto and erixon both did.

vtank struggled for sure- like many others. he looked slow and made a few mistakes especially ill timed pinches, but he also made quite a few nice plays to break up rushes and scoring chances down low as well. i know, i re watched the game and trust me, he wasnt that awful. he wasnt involved much over the blue line as his partner consistently and some times irresponably kept taking pucks deep.

seems to me that this guy got cut after 1 game and, according to leslie- a few poor scrimmages as well. sounds like he hasnt been playing that well. but does it mean he cant play at all ?

as you all well know, im not a huge torts guy. he has an agenda against most euros and this further reinforces my paranoi....er, belief that torts doesnt have room on his team for more than a very few euros.
Trust You about Vtank's play? That's funny. All you do is promote this guy and then when he stinks up the place you want us to believe that you are unbiased and just happen to see something different than everyone else.

Look, no one if they are ready for the big time should be cut based on one poor performance. My guess is he has been unimpressive since camp opened and this poor outing was the culmination. The Euro thing is crap. Should we question your truthfulness when clearly the vast majority of your "causes" involve Russian players?

With his questionable skating ability he needs to be flawless in both his positioning and his body work and he was neither. He goes to Hartford. There will be opportunities throughout the year if he earns them. And if he doesn't, then he goes elsewhere. Either way we're going to have a good season.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Zuccarello makes the team? That will be interesting. I wonder how he's gonna handle big defensemen, hopefully he's so fast and slick with the puck that they can't stop him until it's in the net

Don't get me wrong, I really like the little guy and hope he continues to have success, very special player.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 02:10 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Zuccarello makes the team? That will be interesting. I wonder how he's gonna handle big defensemen, hopefully he's so fast and slick with the puck that they can't stop him until it's in the net

Don't get me wrong, I really like the little guy and hope he continues to have success, very special player.
He sure looked great yesterday.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 02:28 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He sure looked great yesterday.
Yea he played a great game yesterday.

The thing that stood out for me was the several times when he went to the corners (especially on the one goal), was able to absorb the contact, and then turn around and use his incredible playmaking skills to make something happen.

Last season Zuccarello always lost the board battles and was easily knocked off the puck. It looks like he may have bulked up some this some so to be able to win some battles.

09-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

I didnt watch that game. But if Zuccarello makes the team, are you guys happy with that? If you are he probably will

I heard he's been lifting weights and lifting weights, one of the first to return after the vacation almost alone in the gym, gaining pounds hopefully all muscle. That's the attitude, we'll see if all the work pays off.

Old
09-27-2011, 02:48 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I didnt watch that game. But if Zuccarello makes the team, are you guys happy with that? If you are he probably will

I heard he's been lifting weights and lifting weights, one of the first to return after the vacation almost alone in the gym, gaining pounds hopefully all muscle. That's the attitude, we'll see if all the work pays off.
I would be ecstatic to see him on the team. I think his speed and quickness have improved from last year as well. You can tell because he is catching players from behind and stripping them of the puck. He was "just" missing last year with those.

I hate to use his name, but he has that "Briere effect" where he gets lost very easily around the net because of his size. I expect him to make it and have a very good season.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Yeah sounds like he's learning and doing things the right way

Old
09-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Hey guys, who do you think will make the team and will make more points this season: Tim Erixon or Ryan McDonagh? I need to draft a defenseman for my last pick in my hockey pool. Thanks.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 03:26 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Hey guys, who do you think will make the team and will make more points this season: Tim Erixon or Ryan McDonagh? I need to draft a defenseman for my last pick in my hockey pool. Thanks.
McDonagh will get more minutes overall. I think he will end up with about 25 points.

Erixon, I have no idea if he will even start in the NHL.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 03:49 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
McDonagh, quite easily, IMO. He's a lock for top-4 minutes; and, if Staal is out for an extended period of time (hopefully he is not), McDonagh will most likely play in his place. Either way, he's good for about 20-25 points and an excellent +/-, IMO.

09-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

the way Erixon has played this preseason, it would not surprise me at all if hes sent to Hartford.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
McDonagh will get more minutes overall. I think he will end up with about 25 points.

Erixon, I have no idea if he will even start in the NHL.
McD. He's a beast and getting better, and good minutes nice ethic, assists, points.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:30 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
the way Erixon has played this preseason, it would not surprise me at all if hes sent to Hartford.
I wouldn't mind if he went to Hartford or back to Sweden for a year. Sweden might be best because he'd be king **** on his team.

Old
09-27-2011, 08:26 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I wouldn't mind if he went to Hartford or back to Sweden for a year. Sweden might be best because he'd be king **** on his team.
The AHL would be more physical and I think that would help him round out his game a little more than in a league that plays a style hes used to.

I think thats the part of his game he needs to address and everything will follow behind that.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:17 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
The AHL would be more physical and I think that would help him round out his game a little more than in a league that plays a style hes used to.

I think thats the part of his game he needs to address and everything will follow behind that.
I would PREFER the AHL, but he may want to go back to the SEL. That was his condition for Calgary. I mean, maybe he will go to the AHL for us since we aren't a garbage organization like Calgary.

Old
09-29-2011, 02:06 AM
ohbaby

All of a sudden we are not looking so deep on D anymore. Staal out, Sauer with groin issues, Erixon looking like a rookie, MDZ still turning over the puck and getting beat, Vtank waived.

It might not be a bad idea for Slats to give Campoli a call.

I really don't know where Zucc fits in with this team. Watching Avery and Mitchell this preseason, it will be hard to let them go. I don't see the advantage of having Zucc here other than the shootout.

Last edited by ohbaby: 09-29-2011 at 02:14 AM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:04 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
All of a sudden we are not looking so deep on D anymore. Staal out, Sauer with groin issues, Erixon looking like a rookie, MDZ still turning over the puck and getting beat, Vtank waived.

I really don't know where Zucc fits in with this team. Watching Avery and Mitchell this preseason, it will be hard to let them go. I don't see the advantage of having Zucc here other than the shootout.
Campoli got signed by the Habs recently for $1,750,000 so now we're a little bit screwed, if a cheap d-man was what we wanted.

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post

You really think that freaking John Mitchell deserves is someone the Rangers can't bear to let go? Yeah right

Sauer doesn't have groin issues, he has a injured shoulder that should be fine for the start of the season. Del Zotto also hasn't been bad at all and I think will be just fine starting the season on the third pairing if necessary. Still a lot of time for players to make their cases

Not too worried yet

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:40 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
You really think that freaking John Mitchell deserves is someone the Rangers can't bear to let go? Yeah right

Sauer doesn't have groin issues, he has a injured shoulder that should be fine for the start of the season. Del Zotto also hasn't been bad at all and I think will be just fine starting the season on the third pairing if necessary. Still a lot of time for players to make their cases

Not too worried yet
You're going to like John Mitchell, just you watch. He's still a young guy. A gritty 3rd liner with speed and a good shot.

And I said,... with the way he is playing, he is making it hard for the Rangers to let him go. Not that they can't bare to part with him.

Last edited by ohbaby: 09-29-2011 at 10:57 AM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote