HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Boyes suspended 2 games

Old
09-27-2011, 12:37 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
I dislike the Wisniewski ruling as well.

That's like 500,000 Grand ... in pay.

They said his head was the Principle point of contact.... His head wasn't even the first thing that was hit. He hit him below the throat and his arms slid up into his face.

I would of gave him Boyes suspension ... 2 games in regular season.
Wisniewski was a repeat offender.

Boyes wasn't.

Boyes was making a "hockey play".

Wisniewski was cheap shotting a guy who nailed his d partner legally earlier in the shift.

Shanny got that one right, IMO.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Wisniewski was a repeat offender.

Boyes wasn't.

Boyes was making a "hockey play".

Wisniewski was cheap shotting a guy who nailed his d partner legally earlier in the shift.

Shanny got that one right, IMO.

------------

All of what you stated is true.... I just think it's too harsh. For a hit that really didn't amount to much.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 03:06 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
------------

All of what you stated is true.... I just think it's too harsh. For a hit that really didn't amount to much.
Shanny legislated the action, not the result.

And that's how it should be.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 03:12 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Shanny legislated the action, not the result.

And that's how it should be.
I agree and wish that standard was applied to the Armstrong shot on Goose.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
------------

Let's say Colborne got a concussion from the hit and was out for two weeks. Then you'd be okay with it?

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Let's say Colborne got a concussion from the hit and was out for two weeks. Then you'd be okay with it?
I'm not saying I want players to get concussions, but **** happens on the ice. The players know what they're getting into, it's part of the game they all know and love. Obviously the line is crossed if a player is defenseless, but how much responsibility can a player take? The game is played at such a high speed, sometimes things can't be stopped. What could Boyes have done in that situation, he was already going for the hit, Colbourne had his head down. I think what Shanahan is doing is great for the game, I want the players to be safe too, but this is too extreme.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post

I wasn't referring to the Colborne incident when i stated that..... But yes ... If Colborne received a concussion from the Boyes hit... I would still say no suspension.. Was not intentional ...as stated by Shanny .. So why are we punishing people for unintentional actions? ... It wasn't reckless... Boyes never left his feet ... he didn't target his head ... he braced for a shoulder hit.

When i said that the Wiz hit didn't amount to much of a hit.. its not because the guy wasn't hurt ...but because of just what i said.. It wasn't much of a hit .... There was no force behind it. Wiz was being a punk ... if he wanted to hurt him..he would of thrown himself at the guy.. It's no different then any other scrum that happens in front of the net... Penalty? .. Absolutely. .. Suspension... Sure i can handle that ... 10 games?... too much in my opinion. How is it right that we take over half a million dollars from someone else because of the "potential" of being hurt... Makes no sense to me.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote