Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Value of Ben Tate

Old
09-26-2011, 03:39 PM
nyr__1994

vCash: 500
Value of Ben Tate

The owner of Arian Foster in my league wants Ben Tate. I have sufficient depth at RB (Forte, Blount Hightower, McCluster) in addition to Tate. The league is 0.5 ppr so that changes things a little, but he offered Boldin for Tate. Here are my thoughts, if Foster comes back healthy and reclaims his job, Tate is worthless and getting Boldin for him to be my # 3 WR would be a great trade, however, if Foster never regains his form this year and Tate is getting the majority of the carriesj I come out on the short end of that trade.

Anything I am missing here?

nyr__1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 04:12 PM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Sounds about right to me- I think Foster will regain his form, it's just a matter of when (just my opinion). Until that time Tate is a great back to have....but will Foster be back this week, next week, I'm not sure.

doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

I'd do Boldin for Tate. Foster's injury is more of a nagging thing and not really major.

When Foster comes back I still expect Tate to get a 3rd of the carries but Boldin is a #2 Fantasy WR and Tate is a backup.

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 08:22 PM
BGDDYKWL

I think Foster's injury could linger all year, so if that's the case Tate has significant value. I'm very low on Boldin, so personally I wouldn't make that deal. If Foster returns this week and reclaims his job then obviously you win the trade, but Tate's upside if the injury lingers is far higher than Boldin's. That factors in quite a bit for me. Also, Tate is more valuable to Foster's owner than anyone else, so I'd make him pay for him.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:18 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
If you need an upgrade at 3rd WR, I'd try to explore other avenues to do that. Boldin is pretty meh for mine, should try to extort more out of the Foster owner for Tate and if he doesn't want to pay up then I'd be content with having Tate sit on my bench as a potential top RB, that's no skin off your nose.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:39 PM
DallasSports

What does your receiver situation look like right now? How many teams are in this league?

If Boldin would only be a WR3 on your team, you're probably pretty stacked and I don't think the slight upgrade from whoever you have now to Boldin isn't worth it. I think you're better off keeping him and taking the chance that Tate will somehow get a majority of the carries.

Foster will likely get the majority of the touches, but I don't know if Tate will be worthless. I can't imagine them not giving Tate a fair share of touches due to his performance when Foster was out. I'm guessing it'll probably be something like 70/30 with Foster getting the goal line carries.

DallasSports is offline   Reply With Quote