HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sebastian Erixon

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2011, 06:11 AM
  #1
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,722
vCash: 500
Sebastian Erixon

Most of us want Hudler gone and Vancouver have a ridiculous amount of defencemen and need a top-6 forward, while we need a young defenceman.

How does Erixon & Oreskovich (to even out cap hits) for Hudler sound?

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:52 AM
  #2
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 9,769
vCash: 500
I want Hudler to produce 20+40 at Datsyuk's wing without any trades.

Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:15 PM
  #3
wingz rule
Registered User
 
wingz rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
i don't want oreskovich

wingz rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:35 PM
  #4
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,028
vCash: 500
Erixon is softer than Ericsson

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:42 PM
  #5
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Mexico
Posts: 8,413
vCash: 50
Canucks fan here coming in peace.

We just signed Erixon this offseason... it is very unlikely that we trade him so early.

Furthermore Hudler isn't exactly the type of forward we're looking for.

Tim Calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:46 PM
  #6
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Would much rather go after the other Erixon, he's exactly the type of D we need for our future

Anchor Town is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 02:59 PM
  #7
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Most of us want Hudler gone and Vancouver have a ridiculous amount of defencemen and need a top-6 forward, while we need a young defenceman.

How does Erixon & Oreskovich (to even out cap hits) for Hudler sound?
The Wings need young defencemen?

*looks around*

So who are White (27), Kindl (24), Smith (22), Lashoff (21), Nicastro (21), Fournier (20), Pyett (23), Ouellet (19), Piche (23), Almqvist (20), Ehrhardt (22), Rufenach (22), Backman (18), Nedomlel (18), Jensen (21), Sproul (18), and Marchenko (19)?

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 03:17 PM
  #8
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
The Wings need young defencemen?

*looks around*

So who are White (27), Kindl (24), Smith (22), Lashoff (21), Nicastro (21), Fournier (20), Pyett (23), Ouellet (19), Piche (23), Almqvist (20), Ehrhardt (22), Rufenach (22), Backman (18), Nedomlel (18), Jensen (21), Sproul (18), and Marchenko (19)?
Was probably stating that the Wings need young, non bottom pair defensemen. Besides Smith, we really don't have any surefire top 4 defensemen that are anywhere close to NHL ready

Anchor Town is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 03:32 PM
  #9
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Was probably stating that the Wings need young, non bottom pair defensemen. Besides Smith, we really don't have any surefire top 4 defensemen that are anywhere close to NHL ready
I think Lashoff is closer than people think, but I don't know where he would slot in the lineup.

The problem with wanting to acquire a top-4 defenceman is that unless you're willing to give up a whole lot to get him, nobody's going to want to give one up.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 04:12 PM
  #10
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
I think Lashoff is closer than people think, but I don't know where he would slot in the lineup.

The problem with wanting to acquire a top-4 defenceman is that unless you're willing to give up a whole lot to get him, nobody's going to want to give one up.
The guy who was often a healthy scratch in the AHL/sent down to the ECHL last year? And now we have a plethora of forward prospects, some that are getting near NHL ready, why not move one of them for a near NHL ready top 4 d prospect which is what we need?

Anchor Town is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 04:14 PM
  #11
His Beardliness*
#SireBabcock
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 500
Oreskovich was one of the least bad canucks in the stanley cup finals. Kinda like.

His Beardliness* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:23 PM
  #12
ComradeChris
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Was probably stating that the Wings need young, non bottom pair defensemen. Besides Smith, we really don't have any surefire top 4 defensemen that are anywhere close to NHL ready
Yes we do...

Kindl, Marchenko, Sproul, Oulett (boom or bust), Almqvist (boom or bust). The rest of them I can't vouch for, but I do wonder how Fournier, Pyett, and Lashoff are developing. I'm guessing busts.

ComradeChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 07:23 PM
  #13
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
The guy who was often a healthy scratch in the AHL/sent down to the ECHL last year? And now we have a plethora of forward prospects, some that are getting near NHL ready, why not move one of them for a near NHL ready top 4 d prospect which is what we need?
I honestly don't follow the prospects as much as I'd like to, but when I've seen him play in the preseason (last year and this year) I thought he looked pretty good. HF's report seems to think he has potential, so there is that. Maybe I'm wrong... wouldn't be the first time.

I just don't see how a just-graduated prospect is going to slot right into the top-4 -- even Brendan Smith would be on the bottom pairing for the Wings (unless he greatly picks his game up in Grand Rapids this season). Besides, again, do you really think a team that has a top-4 ready prospect is going to trade him? I mean, if he's that good, wouldn't they try to find a roster spot for him and dump an older, 4-5-6 guy?

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 07:44 PM
  #14
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post
Yes we do...

Kindl, Marchenko, Sproul, Oulett (boom or bust), Almqvist (boom or bust). The rest of them I can't vouch for, but I do wonder how Fournier, Pyett, and Lashoff are developing. I'm guessing busts.
I said that are near NHL ready, that eliminates Marchenko, Sproul, Ouellet, and Almqvist. Kindl is a fringe top 4 prospect, he'll most likely fall somewhere between #3-#5 defenseman in his prime

Anchor Town is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 07:45 PM
  #15
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
I honestly don't follow the prospects as much as I'd like to, but when I've seen him play in the preseason (last year and this year) I thought he looked pretty good. HF's report seems to think he has potential, so there is that. Maybe I'm wrong... wouldn't be the first time.

I just don't see how a just-graduated prospect is going to slot right into the top-4 -- even Brendan Smith would be on the bottom pairing for the Wings (unless he greatly picks his game up in Grand Rapids this season). Besides, again, do you really think a team that has a top-4 ready prospect is going to trade him? I mean, if he's that good, wouldn't they try to find a roster spot for him and dump an older, 4-5-6 guy?
Toronto is looking to move a recently graduated prospect (Carl Gunnarsson), who played in the top 4 last year, to make room for another prospect.

Anchor Town is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:04 PM
  #16
ComradeChris
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
I said that are near NHL ready, that eliminates Marchenko, Sproul, Ouellet, and Almqvist. Kindl is a fringe top 4 prospect, he'll most likely fall somewhere between #3-#5 defenseman in his prime
Kindl's gonna have a good year this year and then he is going to break out as a top 4 guy next year. Book it.

ComradeChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:05 PM
  #17
gamefan14*
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChris View Post
Yes we do...

Kindl, Marchenko, Sproul, Oulett (boom or bust), Almqvist (boom or bust). The rest of them I can't vouch for, but I do wonder how Fournier, Pyett, and Lashoff are developing. I'm guessing busts.
Kindl is in the nhl

Sproul is 4-5 years away at least( 2 more junior then 3 in GR)

Smith is like 1 year away, closest we have probably.

Marchenko is probably 3 years away.

Erdhardt? lol

Oulett(spelled wrong) is again like 4-5 years away

Almqvist is maybe 2-3 years away

Fournier is probably 3 years away

Pyett has been in GR for 3 years already, this will be his 4th and is probably never going to play for detroit(who knows this season though)

Lashoff sucks


Last edited by gamefan14*: 09-28-2011 at 12:26 AM.
gamefan14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 08:31 PM
  #18
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Toronto is looking to move a recently graduated prospect (Carl Gunnarsson), who played in the top 4 last year, to make room for another prospect.
Key part of the statement there.

Where would Gunnarsson fall in the current Wings lineup, if at all?

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 11:00 PM
  #19
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Key part of the statement there.

Where would Gunnarsson fall in the current Wings lineup, if at all?
I'm not saying we should go for him, I was just pointing out that teams do move potential top 4 D men

Anchor Town is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 12:09 AM
  #20
Human Thumb*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 2,534
vCash: 500
every time i've seen lashoff play he has sucked

Human Thumb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:28 AM
  #21
Konnan511
#FreePulu
 
Konnan511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Traverse City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,434
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefan14 View Post
Kindl is in the nhl

Sproul is 4-5 years away at least( 2 more junior then 3 in GR)

Smith is like 1 year away, closest we have probably.

Marchenko is probably 3 years away.

Erdhardt? lol

Oulett(spelled wrong) is again like 4-5 years away

Almqvist is maybe 2-3 years away

Fournier is probably 3 years away

Pyett has been in GR for 3 years already, this will be his 4th and is probably never going to play for detroit(who knows this season though)

Lashoff sucks
How is Marchenko closer than Sproul? Your estimates are fairly off.

Konnan511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 03:20 AM
  #22
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 9,769
vCash: 500
Stuart 31
Kronwall 30
Ericsson 27
White 27
Kindl 24
Smith 22

What a fûck are you guys whining about? We have great TOP2-7 defence. We just need the big UFA TOP1 defenceman to replace Lidström.

Our other core, age and prospects are just fine.

Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 03:25 AM
  #23
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 9,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
How is Marchenko closer than Sproul? Your estimates are fairly off.
KHL is the highest level to develop and that's why he could (a little bit surprisingly) be the most ready to jump in.

Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 03:26 AM
  #24
Human Thumb*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 2,534
vCash: 500
maybe if we get erixon... we can flip him for PRICE! where's mindfly?

Human Thumb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 03:29 AM
  #25
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 9,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapefruit Moon View Post
maybe if we get erixon... we can flip him for PRICE! where's mindfly?
I want Anders Eriksson back! Also Tim Erixon could be great.

S.Erixon - J.Ericsson
A.Eriksson - T.Erixon

Poor Ken Daniels.

Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.