HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov - Not returning for 2011-12 season

Old
09-28-2011, 12:05 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
all of this, "demand he come back right now or not at all" talk is kooky.

I'll take a half season at 975, and poile is a fool not to. We're talking about the single most offensively gifted player we've ever drafted, someone that could be a legitimate richard threat. You may want to "move on" because "Craig smith has had a really cool preseason," but I'm kissing his butt to get him back today, tomorrow, or two months from now.

I also don't think that he's dedicated to being a "rock star" in russia anymore, either. the appeal of the KHL seems to be waning on all but the guys that can't do it anywhere else. Jagr came back to the NHL, Yashin tried, Nabokov bailed after a couple of months, and so on. Stories about teams being months behind in payment to players, sponsors dropping off left and right, and general discontent in a lot of the "marquee" players doesn't bode well.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I remember a while back that someone from high up said Radulov wouldn't have to clear waivers if coming back after the start of the season. Is this still true? And why? Article 13.23 seems pretty straight forward...

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 12:16 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I remember a while back that someone from high up said Radulov wouldn't have to clear waivers if coming back after the start of the season. Is this still true? And why? Article 13.23 seems pretty straight forward...
Dmitri Chesnokov said that he wouldn't, yesterday -- because Radulov has a current, suspended contract. Players SIGNED after a certain date would need to clear waivers.

Old
09-28-2011, 12:18 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
He's on suspension and has a valid contract with Nashville.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 12:25 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
why would he come back here to play for peanuts? He's a rock star in Russia, he'll just go play for another Russian team.

radulov... the player that will never return.
well... 900k one year followed by probably 5 mil per for the next several... not exactly peanuts especially when he knows for sure he will actually get that money, as opposed to his current situation, where apparently paying player salaries is optional... and travel is not exactly safe...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Dmitri Chesnokov said that he wouldn't, yesterday -- because Radulov has a current, suspended contract. Players SIGNED after a certain date would need to clear waivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
He's on suspension and has a valid contract with Nashville.
This is precisely my question though. Article 13.23 doesn't say anything about signing after a certain date. It says playing after a certain date. Is there another article in the CBA that gives a better explanation? Or is 13.23 just written poorly and SHOULD say "signed"?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 12:44 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
all of this, "demand he come back right now or not at all" talk is kooky.

I'll take a half season at 975, and poile is a fool not to. We're talking about the single most offensively gifted player we've ever drafted, someone that could be a legitimate richard threat. You may want to "move on" because "Craig smith has had a really cool preseason," but I'm kissing his butt to get him back today, tomorrow, or two months from now.

I also don't think that he's dedicated to being a "rock star" in russia anymore, either. the appeal of the KHL seems to be waning on all but the guys that can't do it anywhere else. Jagr came back to the NHL, Yashin tried, Nabokov bailed after a couple of months, and so on. Stories about teams being months behind in payment to players, sponsors dropping off left and right, and general discontent in a lot of the "marquee" players doesn't bode well.

I get your point and I suppose if he called poile in february when we were fighting for a playoff spot he would be a fool not to say "sure come on over"

that said its probably not going to happen until next year...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 12:47 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I get your point and I suppose if he called poile in february when we were fighting for a playoff spot he would be a fool not to say "sure come on over"

that said its probably not going to happen until next year...
we're paying Nick Spaling 1.2 this year. It's a little foolish of the fanbase to expect Radulov to make < 1.0 for a full year. Even if Radulov was the one that was wrong, the one that bailed, if you can swallow less time at rookie max, and that's what it takes to get him back, you have to do it. You're going to have to pay him eventually, anyway.

Old
09-28-2011, 12:54 PM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
And I don't know about the situation in the KHL first hand, but we don't even know if Radulov's contract can even be paid by any of the other clubs. There still exists the possibility that playing for "peanuts" here (close to a million for a year without a state income tax and with his condo paid off isn't bad) is better than what he can get next year in Russia.
LOL! What ever contract her gets in Russia next year will be the most expensive in the KHL. It'll probably be at least 5 times what he can get in the NHL next year.

Never listen to any thing Radulov has to say. He is a notorious hot head and will blurb out any stupid thing that comes to his mind when he feels the smallest slight against him.

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 12:59 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Yeah, his comments here lead me to believe that the more things change, the more they stay the same for Rads. It looks like he's still the same old diva.

That being said, I'd entertain the idea of having him come back on his original contract, see how things go on the ice and in the locker room, and if it's not going well, trade him.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:02 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
LOL! What ever contract her gets in Russia next year will be the most expensive in the KHL. It'll probably be at least 5 times what he can get in the NHL next year.

Never listen to any thing Radulov has to say. He is a notorious hot head and will blurb out any stupid thing that comes to his mind when he feels the smallest slight against him.
wow, 20-25 million per year in Russia?

Sure thing, sparky.

Old
09-28-2011, 01:06 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

LOL! It looks like you missed where I said "there still exists the possibility..."

And five times what he can get in the NHL next year is what? over $50m for a single season? Five times what he can get here (approx. $5m) is still $25m. Yeah, if he gets that contract I KNOW it isn't actually being paid...

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:06 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
why would he come back here to play for peanuts? He's a rock star in Russia, he'll just go play for another Russian team.

radulov... the player that will never return.
900k isnt peanuts even to amilionaire

Quote:

you're preaching to the choir my friend.

anyways i bet he comes back to the NHL next year, unless they pull a Malkin on him and hold him in a room until he signs. lol

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:09 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post

anyways i bet he comes back to the NHL next year, unless they pull a Malkin on him and hold him in a room until he signs. lol
It's ok. I'm sure Pred303 has some Ranger buddies who are experts at extracting hostages

Old
09-28-2011, 01:14 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post

A bit of background on VladNYC is probably necessary. He's a notorious Russian-Pride chest thumper. He's long maintained that all Russian players would rather play at home, but they've all been blinded and tricked by NHL gms into leaving for the NHL, and has long been disgusted by the fact that this is allowed to go on.

Old
09-28-2011, 01:17 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
A bit of background on VladNYC is probably necessary. He's a notorious Russian-Pride chest thumper. He's long maintained that all Russian players would rather play at home, but they've all been blinded and tricked by NHL gms into leaving for the NHL, and has long been disgusted by the fact that this is allowed to go on.
hahah thats very unfortunate.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:24 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:

The bolded portion explains his initial signing with Ufa.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 03:04 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The bolded portion explains his initial signing with Ufa.
Naa he signed with Ufa because Russia is the greatest country on Earth, the KHL is the most competitive hockey league on Earth, and he will make $25m per season

Old
09-28-2011, 03:25 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Naa he signed with Ufa because Russia is the greatest country on Earth, the KHL is the most competitive hockey league on Earth, and he will make $25m per season
Don't forget financial stability and guaranteed payment on time.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
wow, 20-25 million per year in Russia?

Sure thing, sparky.
Well, not 25M, but something like 10M tax free is pretty possible. Nobody will get such money in the NHL within the next couple dozen years.

The matter of this business is Ovy or Malkin could get even more, but they prefer to stay in NA. So it all depends on Radulov. And I'm not sure he's the kind of person Geno or Alexandr are. Because they would never trade more money for less competition...

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:12 PM
thrillhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Well, not 25M, but something like 10M tax free is pretty possible. Nobody will get such money in the NHL within the next couple dozen years.

The matter of this business is Ovy or Malkin could get even more, but they prefer to stay in NA. So it all depends on Radulov. And I'm not sure he's the kind of person Geno or Alexandr are. Because they would never trade more money for less competition...
What do you think, Kshahdoo? If you were a betting man, would you bet on Radulov returning to the NHL or playing in the KHL next season (possibly with a different team)?

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:14 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I saw someone in a new Preds Gold jersey, with Radulov on the back.

I have to say it looked pretty good.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:32 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 05:33 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:

It will look good next year on the ice.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:08 AM
token grinder

Quote:

it wasn't me, for the record.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote