HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Predators looking to add a forward -- Sabres\Flyers?

Old
09-27-2011, 11:26 PM
b in vancouver

vCash: 500
Paranoid Android - What? you don't want to add another solid defensively responsible forward with little to no touch around the net? I don't understand. - Would be great to see you guys add that one-trick one-way sniper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
That's pretty rough, dude. You're asking for our top prospect in exchange for a 3rd line gri der, albeit a decent one.
Ya, I know (I'm not much good at trade proposals) (but I do think that Sauve is going to be good - another one of Boston's recent 2nd rounders that they've been so successful with lately - think Marco Sturm - just needs to stay healthy) - was just trying to think of a player or two that could step into your line-up... unfortunately, outside of their core players (Looch, Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin, Marchand, Horton - which I can't see them parting with) there's not a whole lot that could step into your line-up immediately as their other top forward prospects (Knight, Spooner, Khokhalachev) are a year or two away.

Peverley and Caron would be the only other two that I could see being moved in the right situation.

Even after drafting Hamilton, Ellis is exactly the kind of blue-chip defensive prospect I'd love to see the Bruins add but I definitely understand that you need an impact offensive player to step into your line-up.

I wonder if you guys will take a stab at picking Hamill up off of waivers. He had an impressive camp and looked more than solid in pre-season - as if he's turned the corner.

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 02:45 AM
phlocky

Depending upon the players involved, the Flyers would probably be looking at getting back either a 1st rnd pick in 2012, a top end defensive prospect (Blum/Ellis), or an upgrade on their current defense (Suter/Weber).

A lot would be predicated upon whether or not the Preds will and/or believe they can resign Suter and Weber. If the Preds do believe they will be resigning both then one of Blum or Ellis could be made available in a trade to aquire a top 6 forward.

If the Preds don't plan on keeping both Suter and Weber or believe that they CAN'T keep both and their plan is to have Blum replace one then a deal for one with the Flyers could work IMO. Suter for Carle/Coburn + Simmonds/Voracek or Weber for Carle/Coburn + Couturier + 2nd is probably a fair deal for both teams.

While I personally don't think it's a wise decision for the Flyers to be trading away any more of their young players/prospects after just restocking them it's probably a fair deal and one they'd consider. Remember, the Flyers have traded away five 1st (or players drafted in the 1st rnd before they even played half a year as a pro), 2nd and 3rd rnd picks in the last 3 years. A better option for us might be to say trade Hartnell for a 2012 1st and then, if the Preds don't want to resign both, trade that 1st back to the Preds for the rights to either Suter or Weber at the end of the playoffs (similar to what we did with the Forsberg trade when we returned the 1st for the rights to Timonen and Hartnell). If the Preds keep both dmen then the Flyers get another 1st in a very good and deep draft in which to continue restocking their depleted prospect pool.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:57 AM
tony d
The man

Pominville from Buffalo would make sense for Nashville, he's a player that would fit well in their system.

People got to learn how to use punctuation. On our radio ads the other day a black man's wallet was reported as missing. Instead of a man's wallet black in colour missing a black man's wallet is missing.
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 12:55 PM
maplepred

Just for curiosity sake, would Ryan suter for Tomas vanek work straight up?

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:18 PM
I Am Number 28

@*********** Rumblings that the Nashville Predators and Philadelphia Flyers are closing in on a deal for a forward.

Ohh right. Unofficial twitter is not allowed..... Well he's been right before plenty of times...

I Am Number 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:21 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Number 28 View Post
@*********** Rumblings that the Nashville Predators and Philadelphia Flyers are closing in on a deal for a forward.

Ohh right. Unofficial twitter is not allowed..... Well he's been right before plenty of times...
the problem is that this person is probably just pulling his information from HFBoards, like the rest of us.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:24 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Depending upon the players involved, the Flyers would probably be looking at getting back either a 1st rnd pick in 2012, a top end defensive prospect (Blum/Ellis), or an upgrade on their current defense (Suter/Weber).

A lot would be predicated upon whether or not the Preds will and/or believe they can resign Suter and Weber. If the Preds do believe they will be resigning both then one of Blum or Ellis could be made available in a trade to aquire a top 6 forward.

If the Preds don't plan on keeping both Suter and Weber or believe that they CAN'T keep both and their plan is to have Blum replace one then a deal for one with the Flyers could work IMO. Suter for Carle/Coburn + Simmonds/Voracek or Weber for Carle/Coburn + Couturier + 2nd is probably a fair deal for both teams.

While I personally don't think it's a wise decision for the Flyers to be trading away any more of their young players/prospects after just restocking them it's probably a fair deal and one they'd consider. Remember, the Flyers have traded away five 1st (or players drafted in the 1st rnd before they even played half a year as a pro), 2nd and 3rd rnd picks in the last 3 years. A better option for us might be to say trade Hartnell for a 2012 1st and then, if the Preds don't want to resign both, trade that 1st back to the Preds for the rights to either Suter or Weber at the end of the playoffs (similar to what we did with the Forsberg trade when we returned the 1st for the rights to Timonen and Hartnell). If the Preds keep both dmen then the Flyers get another 1st in a very good and deep draft in which to continue restocking their depleted prospect pool.
Good thought put into this post. My only issue is if we are trading one of Weber or Suter I'd rather see a forward (preferably a winger) as the centerpiece rather than a downgrade (compared to Weber/Suter) on the blueline being the centerpiece. I'm not sure the Preds and the Flyers make good partners when it comes to trading one of Weber or Suter. Otherwise, the two teams have a good history, and a deal could be reached.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:27 PM
I Am Number 28

Quote:
the problem is that this person is probably just pulling his information from HFBoards, like the rest of us.
Probably right. But Pianaccio also says seems like Homer has a move up his sleeve. I guess he's just plugging a team in..we'll see.

I Am Number 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:35 PM
LeafsGetTavares*

Quote:
Probably right. But Pianaccio also says seems like Homer has a move up his sleeve. I guess he's just plugging a team in..we'll see.
Well it's funny, I think something is going down.

Last night, late last night, Eklund sent Hockey Break a tweet saying check your DM's, now. Since then it has been deleted.

Earlier that day Hockey Break sent Dreger a similar tweet, I DM'ed you and has since then deleted it.

Could all this private talk be because of a trade?

LeafsGetTavares* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Just for curiosity sake, would Ryan suter for Tomas vanek work straight up?
Curious what Pred fans think of this, probably wouldn't want TV's salary... Not sure what I think of it as a Buffalo fan.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

Jerred Smithson to the Flyers for???

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:47 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Giroux^

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:58 PM
JVR21
G

I guess we can take Blum off your hands...

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
It could just mean he's waiving Shelley which is the obvious move.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Curious what Pred fans think of this, probably wouldn't want TV's salary... Not sure what I think of it as a Buffalo fan.
Vanek's making around what Suter's going to end up making, so I don't really see salary as an issue...I'm just not sure that Vanek is the guy that I want to see the Preds invest in. Overall, not a bad proposal though.

Old
09-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Vanek's making around what Suter's going to end up making, so I don't really see salary as an issue...I'm just not sure that Vanek is the guy that I want to see the Preds invest in. Overall, not a bad proposal though.
I think Vanek would be a perfect investment, though I agree that I'd rather just spend the same amount on Suter. He scores 30 goals and 50-80 points consistently, just what we need.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Evgeni Giroux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
buffalo simply would not do this,

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Evgeni Giroux

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Pominville from Buffalo would make sense for Nashville, he's a player that would fit well in their system.
wouldn't make sense from a buffalo standpoint, possibly there best all situations foward, 60+ points consistently and is great in all three zones. good chance he is buffalos next captain.

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 03:52 PM
jonnybullit4390

Maybe Avery should get traded to Philly ... That would be nice

jonnybullit4390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 04:12 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

http://anthonysintheroom.blogspot.com/

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 04:40 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
It's starting to feel like the Hartnell rumors might have some fire behind the smoke. As I mentioned, Poile loves to get back pieces that he didn't want to lose to begin with, and Hartnell would likely waive to go back to Nashville, which he's always spoken fondly of and still has one of his best friends in the league in David Legwand.

I wonder if the Flyers would be interested in Roman Josi...if he can stay healthy, he could and should be even better than countryman Luca Sbisa, and is pretty much NHL ready now. He just...needs to stay healthy.

Old
09-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
It's starting to feel like the Hartnell rumors might have some fire behind the smoke. As I mentioned, Poile loves to get back pieces that he didn't want to lose to begin with, and Hartnell would likely waive to go back to Nashville, which he's always spoken fondly of and still has one of his best friends in the league in David Legwand.

I wonder if the Flyers would be interested in Roman Josi...if he can stay healthy, he could and should be even better than countryman Luca Sbisa, and is pretty much NHL ready now. He just...needs to stay healthy.
Are Josi's injuries anything to be concerned over or is it just bad luck? The Flyers could definitely use a D prospect along those lines.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 04:45 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Are Josi's injuries anything to be concerned over or is it just bad luck? The Flyers could definitely use a D prospect along those lines.
They're all unrelated...so it's hard to say. It's vexed Preds fans because we wanted him in the lineup last year...but...his timing with injuries has never been good. The notable ones are a concussion and a shoulder injury...so at least it's not a chronic groin thing, or anything like that.

Old
09-28-2011, 04:46 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Bad luck. He crashed into Ryan Ellis who's built like a boulder and got a concussion

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 04:59 PM
maplepred

Is Hartnell going to be the 70 point guy we need though?

Would Harts keep weber in nashville?

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote