HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[PIT] Boris Valabik; CLEARED: Avery, Gillies, King.

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2011, 10:45 AM
BadBruins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital Punishment View Post
There have been lots. It was still a stupid post by him, but there were lots.
Hamill lost his blue chip status shortly after he turned pro (some might suggest earlier). Seems like every year he's being jumped on the prospect depth chart by the latest 1st and 2nd rounder taken in the draft. There hasn't been much in the way of optimism when it comes to Hamill over the past few years.

Hamill actually hasn't looked out of place in his short NHL stints. He's also had a good camp (finally). I don't expect him to get claimed (better players have slipped through), but I wouldn't shock me. I still think he could have stuck with the Bruins as a 13th or 14th forward.

Old
09-28-2011, 10:50 AM
wej20

Pens put 4 on waivers

Ryan Craig, Nick Johnson, Colin McDonald and Scott Munroe.

Pens reduce roster by 7

Old
09-28-2011, 10:51 AM
IslesNorway

Surprised they waived Wishart. I would've assumed he'd make the team for fear of losing him on the waiver wire

Old
09-28-2011, 11:07 AM
pedrospecialk

Send a message via AIM to pedrospecialk
Shocked they'd waive Wishart. Wow.

Old
09-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Sens Mile

Aren't the potential wire waiver claims (or lack of) supposed to be announced today at noon or am I just being too impatient of the fact that its 12:22 and no announcements?

Old
09-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Agalloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Mile View Post
Aren't the potential wire waiver claims (or lack of) supposed to be announced today at noon or am I just being too impatient of the fact that its 12:22 and no announcements?
They all cleared.

Quote:
TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
All players on waivers yesterday cleared. Today's waivers: McKenna (OTT); Fischmon,Marcinko,Wallace,Reese,Wishart (NYI); J.F. Jacques (ANA).
Quote:
TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
More waivers: C McDonald,Nick Johnson,R Craig,Munroe (PIT); Alex Henry (MTL)...that is all.

Old
09-28-2011, 11:55 AM
NinthSpoke06

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Hamill is not going to clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Former 8th overall pick (2007), still very young. Low risk / high reward... I doubt he's going to clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan11 View Post
Hamil has looked like a different person this pre-season.. I doubt he passes through waivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
OK, so I know I said that there was no way that Valentenko would pass through waivers (and he did), but I need you guys to forget I ever said that. Because...

There's NO WAY that Hamill passes through waivers. I mean... come on. Someone's going to grab this kid to play on their 4th line at the very least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post
Someone will claim Kulda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Regin got hurt in tonight's Sens-Leafs game... at the moment, I can't see Hamill getting past Ottawa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I don't see Kulda clearing either.
Well, I see HF has not failed once again.

Waiver claims RARELY happen, so I always laugh when everyone insists that "there is no chance (insert name here) makes it through waivers."

Old
09-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Agalloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post
Well, I see HF has not failed once again.

Waiver claims RARELY happen, so I always laugh when everyone insists that "there is no chance (insert name here) makes it through waivers."
If there are players claimed, it will most likely be few days before the beginning of the season (AKA some teams last cuts).

Last year, Grabner and Ritola were claimed on October 5th.

Old
09-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Platinum Seat Leafs

Hamill acutally cleared are you kidding me not one team wanted to clam him like ?

Old
09-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post
Surprised they waived Wishart. I would've assumed he'd make the team for fear of losing him on the waiver wire
Why? He sucks. Teams waive players that suck.

Old
09-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Agalloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALDAL View Post
Hamill acutally cleared are you kidding me not one team wanted to clam him like ?
Yep. He cleared and all players put on waivers today will probably clear too.

Old
09-28-2011, 12:00 PM
SchwenningerWildWing

Send a message via ICQ to SchwenningerWildWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrospecialk View Post
Not really, he was brutal yesterday against Calgary and decent against Boston. He is buried in the depth that the Isles have on D with the likes of De Haan, Donovan and Ness as younger guys who surpassed him in the Depth Chart. He is not even in the Top 10 right now, so I think it was clear he gets send down to the AHL sooner than later. I doubt anyone claims him as he is just a big body with no physical play and no good coverage in his own end. Good for the Isles farm team to have but I don´t think he sees any NHL action this year unless the Isles geht hit by the injury bug big time.

Old
09-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Platinum Seat Leafs

GMs need to learn former 1st round picks who pass through waivers just havent gotten the opurtunity to perform look a Michael Grabner last year.. Hamill just needs the chance to show why he was drafted 8th overall.. Put him on your 3rd line for the whole yer 82 games and ppl will be supprised by him

Old
09-28-2011, 12:08 PM
ocarina

Quote:
GMs need to learn former 1st round picks who pass through waivers just havent gotten the opurtunity to perform look a Michael Grabner last year.. Hamill just needs the chance to show why he was drafted 8th overall.. Put him on your 3rd line for the whole yer 82 games and ppl will be supprised by him
He has a cap hit of 1.3 mil. Teams generally don't like to claim guys who are that expensive.

Also, while Boston does have strong depth, it does say something that he has been jumped over on the depth chart so often.

Old
09-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Platinum Seat Leafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
He has a cap hit of 1.3 mil. Teams generally don't like to claim guys who are that expensive.

Also, while Boston does have strong depth, it does say something that he has been jumped over on the depth chart so often.
Bostons teams has had some depth the past 2 season thats why he hasnt gotten the chance to play. Put him on a team like Toronto,Winnipeg,Edmonton or Carolina and he would flurish

Old
09-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post

Tyler Seguin can't even crack Boston's center lineup, either. So it shouldn't surprise that Hamill can't.

Old
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
Can't believe no team claimed Hamill.

Old
ocarina

Quote:
Bostons teams has had some depth the past 2 season thats why he hasnt gotten the chance to play. Put him on a team like Toronto,Winnipeg,Edmonton or Carolina and he would flurish
It's usually not that simple. Fact is, if he was that good, other teams would of been looking to trade for him earlier this offseason. Given Boston's depth at center, I bet they would of moved him had they gotten a decent offer.

Old
09-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Which one of Eric Staal, Tuomo Ruutu and Brandon Sutter (not to mention Skinner and Dalpe who also want to play Center) is he going to supplant to "flourish" in Carolina?

Old
09-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
As Rangers fans were OMGSHOCKED when we waived VTank. Players sometimes suck. Teams don't normally keep a ****** player on their team due to status to the prospect world. Wishart blows. VTank blows. Hamill blows. You have to get rid of them, eventually, once they show that they blow.

Old
09-28-2011, 01:18 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
As Rangers fans were OMGSHOCKED when we waived VTank. Players sometimes suck. Teams don't normally keep a ****** player on their team due to status to the prospect world. Wishart blows. VTank blows. Hamill blows. You have to get rid of them, eventually, once they show that they blow.
Just like Michael Grabner....oh wait. Just like Ilya Bryzgalov....oh wait.

I wouldn't mind if the Blues claimed Wishart.

Old
09-28-2011, 01:24 PM
MTK

Quote:
He is an AHL player. Maybe he develop's one day. He has the tools but can't put them together at one time.

Keeping a player on a team in fear of losing him to waivers is bad management and team will not be good.

Old
09-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
The Isles waiving Wishart seems to make me believe they'll be signing Staios soon. Just throwing it out there.

Old
09-28-2011, 01:46 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
The Isles waiving Wishart seems to make me believe they'll be signing Staios soon. Just throwing it out there.
It was more because Wishart just wasn't good in the preseason. I hope he goes unclaimed and bounces back though. He's a nice piece to have if he develops correctly.

Old
09-28-2011, 01:57 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
HF: Where nobody ever clears waivers

Closed Thread