HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-15-2011, 02:55 PM
  #51
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 13,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
I watch none of those if Dany Dubé isn't present to equilibrate the dumbness:smartness ratio
Dany Dubé is the Gold standard, by far

But there is only one Dany Dubé

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 05:13 PM
  #52
Booba
Fier, ému and proud
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chez Moi
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Is that why he wasn't a point per game in the Austrian league?
Dagenais was whining way too much and everything seemed negative with him

He said :
-KHL players train like machines and act like robots. They play hockey because there is nothing else to do, they don't seem to enjoy hockey and maybe life in general.
-When I played in Montreal, I was confused. I would have needed a coach who could tell me exactly what to do. When I tried to throw hits, I was always getting out of position. They should have let me stay in front of the net like Andreychuck. (He basically said that he was useless in all the other parts of the ice )

The panel all agreed that Dagenais wasn't given a fair chance (they compared him to Latendresse). Which is completly false. Before coming to Montreal, at the age of 25, Dagenais had almost played 300 games in the AHL and only 60 in the NHL. He was basically a career minor leaguer who ended playing top 6 minutes for half a season. He is actually lucky the Habs gave him that chance.

By the way, Langdeau is still a jerk. When he asked Dagenais about his experience in the KHL he said : "Talk to us about that league, we don't often hear about it, except when some plane crashes"

Can't believe RDS lets him say those kind of things.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 05:58 PM
  #53
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 500
Langdeau is definately the one I hate to most of all. He's so arrogant and cocky, I remember one of his "chronicle" on RDS.ca was a reply to all the people that was respong to him wasn't replying with good grammar. He was pratically saying that they were all on the "bien-être social". I would cave his skull in.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 08:55 PM
  #54
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I think it will getting more interesting when Gilles Courteau will be interviewed at L'Antichambre tonight.

EDIT: It's on.


Last edited by Fel 96: 09-15-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 09:11 PM
  #55
Benzaza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Langdeau is definately the one I hate to most of all. He's so arrogant and cocky, I remember one of his "chronicle" on RDS.ca was a reply to all the people that was respong to him wasn't replying with good grammar. He was pratically saying that they were all on the "bien-être social". I would cave his skull in.
I am so happy you guys are saying this.. never liked him since minute 1...what an arse... I really despise him

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2011, 09:29 PM
  #56
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,676
vCash: 500
Glad to see the crew remained as dumb as they were.

What was really funny was Gagnon ''I love PK, but Myers will always remain a better Dman''. To justify this statement, he says Myers was rookie of the year and apparently (according to one of his source), at some point, Norris candidate. However, he then acknowledges that this was an exaggeration...
So, in the end, his reason was Myers won the rookie of the year award.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:17 PM
  #57
Booba
Fier, ému and proud
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chez Moi
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,191
vCash: 500
Just saw Martin Leclerc on RDS. Not sure if he was just invited or if he joined RDS crew. He was at Brossard, commenting on some NHL news. If he, in fact, joined RDS, that would be a nice addition.

I believe that RDS has improved this year with the addition of Lalime, Damphousse and Carbo (not new but he is there more often). It's just sad they still have to keep Bergeron and Gaston Therrien.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:23 PM
  #58
shamrun
Registered User
 
shamrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Glad to see the crew remained as dumb as they were.

What was really funny was Gagnon ''I love PK, but Myers will always remain a better Dman''. To justify this statement, he says Myers was rookie of the year and apparently (according to one of his source), at some point, Norris candidate. However, he then acknowledges that this was an exaggeration...
So, in the end, his reason was Myers won the rookie of the year award.

So he must love Gomez he also won rookie of the year i think Both Myers and PK are great players, i don't think there is any denying that.
Which will have the better career is still up for debate.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:49 PM
  #59
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Just saw Martin Leclerc on RDS. Not sure if he was just invited or if he joined RDS crew. He was at Brossard, commenting on some NHL news. If he, in fact, joined RDS, that would be a nice addition.

I believe that RDS has improved this year with the addition of Lalime, Damphousse and Carbo (not new but he is there more often). It's just sad they still have to keep Bergeron and Gaston Therrien.
Agreed. Take Therrien and Bergy out ASAP + Le Baron and Gagnon

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 01:52 PM
  #60
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
So he must love Gomez he also won rookie of the year i think Both Myers and PK are great players, i don't think there is any denying that.
Which will have the better career is still up for debate.
It's not the fact the he said Myers would be better, it's that he said Myers will have a better career because he played better in the past, when Subban wasn't even in the league.

Had he said, Myers will have a better career because he and Subban have the same skill level but he is freaking 6'8. That would makes sense. Not that he's the best because he won the ROY. Raycroft won the Calder.. Who would you take on your team? Him or Rask? Mason won ROY, Him or Price?

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 02:04 PM
  #61
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Langdeau is definately the one I hate to most of all. He's so arrogant and cocky, I remember one of his "chronicle" on RDS.ca was a reply to all the people that was respong to him wasn't replying with good grammar. He was pratically saying that they were all on the "bien-être social". I would cave his skull in.
Langdeau at RDS and Langevin at TVA.

Problem with these shows is that they always have to be controversial for the ratings so they can spend an entire show on what Simmons said to Avery, etc...It can get pretty negative at times. Instead of giving us a quality in depth analysis of sports, even of it's one hockey game, then go all out and talk about the strengths and weaknesses of the team and do some research, they just go into shocking pointless crap.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 02:09 PM
  #62
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,643
vCash: 500
You know, I think the best situation was just before L'Anti-Chambre came about as you had the Nut House of 110% at TQS and the Cerebral guys at La Zone at CKAC. So you knew where you would to for what you wanted at certain points.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 03:33 PM
  #63
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
There's not too many people I like on L'Antichambre. I'd say Philippe Boucher and Denis Gauthier give some different perspective at times but as for the rest... And is Boucher still there?

Tremblay and Bergeron enjoy each other's company but their opinions are often naive or PR. Bergy brings facts to contradict his own opinion without realizing he's just changed his mind. Mario gets lost in his own argument. Carbo and Damphousse are uninteresting although Vincent could be insightful talking about contracts discussions.

I much prefer Fichaud and Ciccone on Le Match. Perron and Brisebois are weak links (Patrice can't even express a simple opinion without Fichaud coming to his help) while Laraque will often mention some anonymous player's opinion.

As for the host, Morissette lacks experience but he's much more pleasant than Langdeau. I still remember that night Langdeau kept insisting a Gomez injury (on a head shot) would have been great. I don't think he's ever apologized.


Last edited by Max Levine: 09-28-2011 at 04:04 PM. Reason: anonymous, not unanimous.
Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 03:57 PM
  #64
Stasis
Mad Decent
 
Stasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FrmNYC-InMTL
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
I hate l'Antichambre personally... it's just so god awful boring that I tune out a few minutes in. I'm giving Le Match a shot, but I'm biased because I can watch it live Thursdays.

Stasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 04:03 PM
  #65
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,303
vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
I hate l'Antichambre personally... it's just so god awful boring that I tune out a few minutes in. I'm giving Le Match a shot, but I'm biased because I can watch it live Thursdays.
If you have a hard time falling asleep, watch l'Antichambre. No jokes, I fall asleep on most days if I tune in.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 04:04 PM
  #66
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Lolololol unanimous??? Did you mean anonymous buddy? Hahahaha made me laugh out loud
lol, thanks for the correction.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 04:05 PM
  #67
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,303
vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
lol, thanks for the correction.
Thanks for the laughs

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 04:26 PM
  #68
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Just saw Martin Leclerc on RDS. Not sure if he was just invited or if he joined RDS crew. He was at Brossard, commenting on some NHL news. If he, in fact, joined RDS, that would be a nice addition.

I believe that RDS has improved this year with the addition of Lalime, Damphousse and Carbo (not new but he is there more often). It's just sad they still have to keep Bergeron and Gaston Therrien.
Bergeron is always dragging the show down with his useless, stupid comments.. Im still shoked this guy has already coached in the NHL, very very poor hockey mind..

Therrien is not only a "biased pro Quebecer at any price" and an imbecile, but his sense of humour has to be the worst I ever seen, its really pathetic.. A pretty average hockey mind with little personality who shouldnt be on a TV show..

Langdeau.... this guy looks on coke..

Thx god RDS has guys like Michel Therrien Carbo Denis Damphousse..

Le match has the potential to be a good show, the only problem is the Moose, could barely stand him as debator, is quite bothering me as animator, 0 timing, stupid questions, overly kind with everyone, never saw someone looking so dump when smilling.. On the other side, Cicco is a nice contributor, Brisebois brings some decent views, Perron is a clown, makes me laugh alot, Fichaud brings some very nice stuff too, I rarely desagree with him.. Pedneault is pretty well connected around the league, pretty good insider..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post

Tremblay and Bergeron enjoy each other's company but their opinions are often naive or PR. Bergy brings facts to contradict his own opinion without realizing he's just changed his mind. Mario gets lost in his own argument. Carbo and Damphousse are uninteresting although Vincent could be insightful talking about contracts discussions.

I much prefer Fichaud and Ciccone on Le Match. Perron and Brisebois are weak links (Patrice can't even express a simple opinion without Fichaud coming to his help) while Laraque will often mention some anonymous player's opinion.

As for the host, Morissette lacks experience but he's much more pleasant than Langdeau. I still remember that night Langdeau kept insisting a Gomez injury (on a head shot) would have been great. I don't think he's ever apologized.
LOL so true..


Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 09-28-2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: merged
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 04:59 PM
  #69
ymorin007*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Maarten
Country: Netherlands Antilles
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ymorin007*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Langdeau at RDS and Langevin at TVA.

Problem with these shows is that they always have to be controversial for the ratings so they can spend an entire show on what Simmons said to Avery, etc...It can get pretty negative at times. Instead of giving us a quality in depth analysis of sports, even of it's one hockey game, then go all out and talk about the strengths and weaknesses of the team and do some research, they just go into shocking pointless crap.
You are 110% right on. You can see how Langdeau always try to bring back the discussion around a controversial subject and if none exist they will create one (the likes of Yemin still in MTL on October 6? subject).

ymorin007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 11:30 PM
  #70
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 13,735
vCash: 500
I like Breezer so far

Give him time, he'll get better

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 12:04 AM
  #71
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
Anyone else hear pj stock tonight? I think I'd rather listen to someone scratching a chalkboard then hearing this guy attempt to speak French. I swear I've must of cringed every 2 seconds. Why is this guy even in the media anyways? I keep waiting for Ashton Kutcher to pop out and tell us we've been punked!

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:13 AM
  #72
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,675
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by hab junkie View Post
Anyone else hear pj stock tonight? I think I'd rather listen to someone scratching a chalkboard then hearing this guy attempt to speak French. I swear I've must of cringed every 2 seconds. Why is this guy even in the media anyways? I keep waiting for Ashton Kutcher to pop out and tell us we've been punked!
his french isn't that bad

and i would give a guy **** for trying, especially when even i can understand him

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:26 AM
  #73
Ketzlaf
Registered User
 
Ketzlaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,575
vCash: 500
I honestly feel superior in all ways to those who watch l'Antichambre, le Match and all the other crap shows. Tolerating such garbage is a sign of severe mental deficiencies. One can only take so much poor arguments and language skills.

I tried to watch a bit of the AC after the 2nd Boston game. Here is a summary:

Langdeau: Aille, ché que stun match hors-concours qui veut rien dire, MAIS IL FAUT GAGNER! (he doesn't realize the obvious logical problem in his sentence).

Damphousse: Aille, ché que stun match hors-concours qui veut rien dire, MAIS TU AS RAISON, IL FAUT GAGNER! (he doesn't realize that he is repeating the exact same thing).

Mario Tremblay: Moé, moé je dis que la victoire d'un match est une bonne opportunité de commencer à voir plus loin. (doesn't realize that he makes no ****ing sense whatsoever).

Langdeau: Bon, bon, bon, on se calme, on se calme. CE N'EST QU'UN MATCH HORS CONCOURS...mais c'est vraiment important qu'un vétéran s'implique. Certains jouent leur saison ce soir! (not realizing that he is completely retarded).

That was basically the whole show. Everyone claiming that no one cares about preseason, only the end their sentence by explaining why preseason is so important. The only breath of fresh air is Mario Tremblay who the only voice of dissent, but only because he is unable to construct a coherent taught.

**** these shows, they should replace it by 90 minutes of sports highlights.

Ketzlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:27 AM
  #74
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post

The panel all agreed that Dagenais wasn't given a fair chance (they compared him to Latendresse). ......
OMG....if I hear that one more time I am going to scream.

It seems that the Montreal media and most fans fall in love with some typically (but not exclusively) local player, who is an underdog. When that player does not earn the right to get more playing time, or a permanent spot, the chorus of sheep scream "he did not get a chance".

It evolves into a "the man is keeping my brother down" story where the evil Canadiens organization preferes a (non-local) player over their favorite underdog, and further goes on to "prove" that the Candiens management is hell bent on creating a bad team and somehow disgracing their own fanbase.

This insane alternative reality is further re-enforced by the constant repeating on radio/RDS newscasts/ panel shows. The more you repeat the falsood, the more it is accepted as the common truth.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:46 AM
  #75
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,675
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzlaf View Post
I honestly feel superior in all ways to those who watch l'Antichambre, le Match and all the other crap shows. Tolerating such garbage is a sign of severe mental deficiencies. One can only take so much poor arguments and language skills.

I tried to watch a bit of the AC after the 2nd Boston game. Here is a summary:

Langdeau: Aille, ché que stun match hors-concours qui veut rien dire, MAIS IL FAUT GAGNER! (he doesn't realize the obvious logical problem in his sentence).

Damphousse: Aille, ché que stun match hors-concours qui veut rien dire, MAIS TU AS RAISON, IL FAUT GAGNER! (he doesn't realize that he is repeating the exact same thing).

Mario Tremblay: Moé, moé je dis que la victoire d'un match est une bonne opportunité de commencer à voir plus loin. (doesn't realize that he makes no ****ing sense whatsoever).

Langdeau: Bon, bon, bon, on se calme, on se calme. CE N'EST QU'UN MATCH HORS CONCOURS...mais c'est vraiment important qu'un vétéran s'implique. Certains jouent leur saison ce soir! (not realizing that he is completely retarded).

That was basically the whole show. Everyone claiming that no one cares about preseason, only the end their sentence by explaining why preseason is so important. The only breath of fresh air is Mario Tremblay who the only voice of dissent, but only because he is unable to construct a coherent taught.

**** these shows, they should replace it by 90 minutes of sports highlights.
spilled my drink

bravo sir, bravo!

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.