HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Police have suspect in the banana attack

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2011, 03:29 PM
PuckBoy33

vCash: 500
So rubbing bacon on bullets is not a hate crime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
In regards to Octopi being thrown on the ice last season during the playoffs Joe Louis employed police to watch entrances in case anyone attempted to do it and was caught they could make an arrest the league threatened to prosecute people throwing them on the ice it was a big deal

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp2695
God bless the USA.
God Bless the First Amendment.

Old
09-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Jason Horsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
This pic is more incriminating on many levels...are those amber vision glasses?

So this guy (possibly) tips a few at the game, throws the banana, gets arrested, is currently receiving threats from Ontario "vigilantes"and now has THIS picture all across North America?

Man oh man, IF he was drunk and woke up next day hungover not knowing what he did...this would become the epic third installment of The Hangover and he would be portrayed by Zach Galifinakis.

Old
09-28-2011, 04:36 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Horsman View Post
So this guy (possibly) tips a few at the game, throws the banana, gets arrested, is currently receiving threats from Ontario "vigilantes"and now has THIS picture all across North America?

Man oh man, IF he was drunk and woke up next day hungover not knowing what he did...this would become the epic third installment of The Hangover and he would be portrayed by Zach Galifinakis.
LOL! Way to put it. Seriously man....this dude (if the actual culprit) just created his own worst nightmare!

I don't know why but that pic with the amber vision glasses and popped collar reminds me of some famous person and I can't pin it although I guess now he'll be infamous for his bananarama exploits...he's going to have a cruel summer, fall, winter and spring for a while...

Old
09-28-2011, 04:37 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I hope they charge him with something just to get his name out there.
Agreed, Littering would be just fine.

Old
09-28-2011, 08:49 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Agreed, Littering would be just fine.
poor bastid. everything from the action to the responses is old school racism. retaddid

Old
09-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Jumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Agreed. The old slip on a banana peel skit is classic slapstick comedy. Anyone who makes the connection between a banana and apes/monkeys is perhaps himself racist for thinking such things. Just sayin'
In the South, some people put up a Confederate flag to symbolize their "heritage." The flag represents different things to different people. To some people it reflects a view of history (the war was about "State's Rights", yeah the right of people in a state to own slaves). It represents subjugation, bigotry and all sorts of bad things to African Americans.
You can go back in history and dig up a lot of references of bananas being used to taunt or ridicule Blacks. To think that this guy was carrying a banana in his pocket for, what, his potassium level or something , shows the immaturity of a lot of people on this board. Slip on a banana field my Aunt Fanny.
If you are not from this country don't bloviate about racism, because believe me, as bad as it is here, it is worse in most of the rest of the world.
And for those of you in North America who think that a banana is just a banana, buy a book on US history, particularly a social history from say, 1865 through 1965 and then report back to me with what you learned.
We should shut this thread.

Old
09-29-2011, 12:17 AM
3Fs

perhaps the guy was eating a banana and he got mad and throw it out on the ice...afterwards one of his buddies said yo man thats not cool because some idiot out there is going to say you did that because you are racist. first guy does not relize that a person of a different race was on the ice when the banana peel hit ice. we all just assume it was racist but could of easily been he was just a pig...oh dam did i just offend a police officer?

Old
09-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Right. And I'm sure that when a guy with a shaved head burns a swastika into a Jewish family's front yard, it's so he can grace them with a Hindu symbol of good luck. He only wants them to succeed!

Give me a break. I think this thread has run it's course and hit bottom.