HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL says it won't take action against Simmonds or Avery

Old
09-28-2011, 06:28 PM
drownedsailors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Why is that relevant? Your original post was implying that because homosexuals choose to come out that it is somehow less of an issue to call them the F word than it is to call black people the N word. The two concepts are not as different as you are trying to make them seem to be
I did mention later that my first post was a bit off topic. I wasn't trying to imply that saying the F word is less of an issue than saying the n word; I was just pointing out that people of color don't have some luxuries that homosexuals have...And I also didn't understand how a homophobic slur had anything to do with racism.

As for your second point; the two concepts are completely different.

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:32 PM
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCup08 View Post
@drownedsailors I understand what you're saying but the manner in which you're going about it is coming off completely wrong.

True, homosexuals can hide their trait from other people if they fear discrimination, which black people cannot do which makes these two concepts inherently different.

It all comes down to opinion. For instance, although the "F" word is equally derogatory to a homosexual as the N word is to a black person, when aimed at someone outside that target group the "F" word is not nearly as bad (in my opinion). I.e. I don't think it's so wrong to call a straight guy a f** when talking s*** to him, whereas I think it is wrong to call a white person a n***** when talking s***. Does that make sense?

Gotta love taboo subjects.
That's the thing! I feel like everyone's trying to look at my posts as something offensive when it's not. Somebody made the perfect statement earlier by saying 'people just love to be offended' is it really a crime to have a different opinion?

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 07:23 PM
SgtJoseph

I use and have used the N word, the F word, Q word, etc etc, and quite frankly most of the time i use such words its really not meant to be offensive per say, just use em because they readily describe my thought at the moment......to direct these words toward someone personally or directly is understandably insulting.....The only thing worse is the PC police themselves, and the whole liberal PC movement that is in play these days. Avery and Simmonds are big boys and they can settle things themselves without the NHL getting involved.....Was anyone REALLY offended that heard Avery or read Simmonds lips ?.....Some folks get a little carried away with using the " i was offended " card while sitting on their little soap box.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 07:49 PM
FlyersCup08

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
I use and have used the N word, the F word, Q word, etc etc, and quite frankly most of the time i use such words its really not meant to be offensive per say, just use em because they readily describe my thought at the moment......to direct these words toward someone personally or directly is understandably insulting.....The only thing worse is the PC police themselves, and the whole liberal PC movement that is in play these days. Avery and Simmonds are big boys and they can settle things themselves without the NHL getting involved.....Was anyone REALLY offended that heard Avery or read Simmonds lips ?.....Some folks get a little carried away with using the " i was offended " card while sitting on their little soap box.
Avery was, he's the one who went crying to the media about it.

FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 10:18 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCup08 View Post
Avery was, he's the one who went crying to the media about it.
Him crying to the media is like the boy who cried wolf .

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 10:41 PM
ayshplaysh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Him crying to the media is like the boy who cried wolf .
I see it more akin to a hooker complaining about having herpes.

ayshplaysh is offline   Reply With Quote