HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Burke on Prime Time Sports

Old
09-28-2011, 06:08 PM
javier

vCash: 500
I read in the Globe and Mail that Komisarek does not have a full NTC or NMC. It was stated in an article by David Shoalts. He does have to submit a list of ten teams before each season that he can be traded to without approval. Just fyi.

javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:09 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentCamacho View Post
I don't think Komisarek's personality is going to affect his performance on the ice, but that's just me.
That's Burke's salesjob, trying to pawn Komi off on the Islanders.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:10 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Oh i have no doubt he would be the first call up due to injury or trade.

I don't get the feeling that BB would pull the trigger on a trade till well into the season, so that leaves injury call up.
Burke would pull the trigger. But he needs a partner.

Old
09-28-2011, 06:13 PM
bleeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimShady View Post
So it's looking like

Phaneuf - Franson
Schenn - Liles
Gunnarsson - Komisarek/Gardiner

with Aulie going back to the A. Seems reasonable to me. Aulie has been alright but has only played 40 games in the NHL regular season. Aulie would clearly benefit from more time in the AHL. The way Gunnarsson has been playing, and with almost 3 times as many games in the big league compared to Aulie there's no way they send him down. I can't really see Gunnarsson benefiting from more time in the AHL at this point either. Gardiner has been great so they will give him a try, if he sucks, Aulie will come back up.

As much as people might want to send Komisarek to the Marlies it's not going to happen.
I have a hard time believing Aulie will be sent down.

Burke/Wilson will likely put more stock in the way he played down the stretch last year than a few exhibition games. Schenn hasn't looked all that great in the preseason either.

Aulie played some solid hockey and was one of our best Dmen when we were fighting for a playoff spot and every game was important.

bleeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:16 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Ahh yes, the Getzlaf/Perry bull sht line again. They played 17 and 19 games in the AHL for crying out loud.
So what your saying he's lying? 17 and 19 games isn't zero are you aware of that? It wasn't just those 2 Penner Ryan he mentioned as well and you know what he could have kept going.

It's a fact Burke likes his young guys to spend time in the AHL and he's said it on many occasions how long that will be is entirely on the player hence the 17 and 19 games for Perry and Getzlaf.

dimi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
Burke would pull the trigger. But he needs a partner.
Naw , i don't bye it.

BB likes his D depth and he believes in seasoning players in th AHL , i don't see the motivation to pull the trigger anytime soon.

Faltorvo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier View Post
I read in the Globe and Mail that Komisarek does not have a full NTC or NMC. It was stated in an article by David Shoalts. He does have to submit a list of ten teams before each season that he can be traded to without approval. Just fyi.
Yup. From Capgeek: NMC/Modified NTC (player supplies a trading list that can be modified each June 15th)

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:20 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Naw , i don't bye it.

BB likes his D depth and he believes in seasoning players in th AHL , i don't see the motivation to pull the trigger anytime soon.
I don't expect it, but I think he would. D-depth is one thing, but if he feels Gardiner needs to be in the NHL, he has to do something. Personally, I've not lost faith in Lashoff yet either.

burke hinted at a Gardiner-Komi pairing. That leaves two of Aulie, Franson, Gunnarson sitting. I don't see Aulie going back down, and he won't sit.

Old
09-28-2011, 06:22 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
I can see why that seems hypocritical but at the end of the day is he wrong? I don't think so. You have to look at the big picture here Wilson is one of the better coaches with a track record in taking over bad teams and growing young teams into top notch teams which is exactly the situation this team is in. He's done it every team he's been on even the expansion Ducks he coached them into playoff teams the only difference is that the markets he was in before weren't calling for his head before there was an actual team ready to take that step into playoffs and beyond.

Say what you will about Wilson he's been fantastic for the youth of this team and that's why he's keeping his job and if this team continues on how it played the second half of last year the organization is better off in re-signing him to continue the growth of what looks like a darn good cast of a young team to mature to the point where we the fans expect to happen over night.
You have a good point but how can we ever judge a coach based on the criteria of " if the team is poor it's the players and if the team is strong it's the coach" . If you look at a coach like Lemaire you'll see a long history of success and not all of his teams had stellar talent . Ted Nolan is also an excellent coach than had good results without great talent . At the end of the day can we ever judge if the coach is getting the most out of his team if we don't give another coach a chance to do better .

Your second point is similar to your first . If our youth don't develop ( caputi , oreskovic , mitch ) is that the coach or the player and if they do succed ( kul , schenn ) who gets the credit .

It's all very subjective and i'm of the opinion that if Burke thought there was problem on the bench he should have changed them all and not just 2 of the asst's .

hotpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier View Post
Ya i can't say what i believe, if he does or does not have a NMC.

I did find it intriguing that BB went to bat big time on Komi s behalf today and the interesting little maneuver of stating that if JG stayed his partner would be Komi.

Nice little bit of blocking there if you ask me.

The player being called out to be demoted would be the preferred partner for the young player we want to keep up.

Old
09-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
So what your saying he's lying? 17 and 19 games isn't zero are you aware of that? It wasn't just those 2 Penner Ryan he mentioned as well and you know what he could have kept going.

It's a fact Burke likes his young guys to spend time in the AHL and he's said it on many occasions how long that will be is entirely on the player hence the 17 and 19 games for Perry and Getzlaf.
I am well aware of Penner and Ryan , what I'm saying is , trying to prove a point with 17 and 19 games, proves no point to me at all.

IMO he is just using those two because of their high profile, it feels disingenuous to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for seasoning in the AHL , I'm a HUGE fan of it.

I have no complaints on how BB has handled our young, per say.

I had concerns about rushing Kadri in last year but those proved to be unfounded.

Old
09-28-2011, 06:33 PM
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY

Quote:
Komi can't be sent down, it's in his contract. NMC
false, burke said during the intermission of a recent game, and it was widely reported since, that komi DOES NOT have NMC

having said that, i cant see a former agent like burke sending one of his own ufa signings to the minors,

the mccown interview suggests to me we are stuck with komi,

i hope we can develop some kind of conditioning program for komi that brings back his shoulder problems, forces him onto long term injury reserve and allows us to take his cap hit off the books

but thats obviously pure fantasy!

BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
false, burke said during the intermission of a recent game, and it was widely reported since, that komi DOES NOT have NMC

having said that, i cant see a former agent like burke sending one of his own ufa signings to the minors,

the mccown interview suggests to me we are stuck with komi,

i hope we can develop some kind of conditioning program for komi that brings back his shoulder problems, forces him onto long term injury reserve and allows us to take his cap hit off the books

but thats obviously pure fantasy!
I had no idea that BB confirmed it. Well it's settled then Komi does not have a NMC.

Ship his broken a$$ down and let JG play.

Old
09-28-2011, 06:38 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
I had no idea that BB confirmed it. Well it's settled then Komi does not have a NMC.

Ship his broken a$$ down and let JG play.
Maybe Burke meant they would be d-partners with the Marlies.

PS I don't remember Burke confirming it.

Old
09-28-2011, 06:41 PM
ACC1224
Steelers 1 - 1

Quote:
Not that I doubt it but you'd think something like that would have been repeated here many times over.

Thought I remember someone posting a Bob Mac twit in the last couple days saying he does have an NMC.

Last edited by ACC1224: 09-28-2011 at 06:52 PM.
ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:45 PM
SteveV*

Enough with the good guy in the room stuff, you don't send Gardiner down because Komi is a good ****. Stop looking like a pylon this year and then I'll praise your wonderful disposition. Some of the greats are the biggest a holes imaginable. I'm sure Finger is a great guy too.

Last edited by Squiffy: 09-29-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: circumventing filter
SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
Maybe Burke meant they would be d-partners with the Marlies.

PS I don't remember Burke confirming it.
But then they would have to call up finger.

I mean BB did state for all to hear that he was not burying him in the minors when he first sent him down. OH! how times change .

As for the NMC, BB has let the media run with that notion for a couple of years now.

Regardless of it's existence or not, BB won't send him down.

Old
09-28-2011, 06:50 PM
CauseHesMyButler*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Enough with the good guy in the room stuff, you don't send Gardiner down because Komi is a good ****. Stop looking like a pylon this year and then I'll praise your wonderful disposition. Some of the greats are the biggest a holes imaginable. I'm sure Finger is a great guy too.
Did you miss "Komi has had a great camp, he's been excellent". Anyone that doesn't have the blinders on would see the same thing.

Last edited by Squiffy: 09-29-2011 at 01:22 PM.
CauseHesMyButler* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:54 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsin2011 View Post
Did you miss "Komi has had a great camp, he's been excellent". Anyone that doesn't have the blinders on would see the same thing.
Oh please, he's been fine, Burke puffing him up doesn't make me think he's been "excellent" or some kind of stand out. Oh Burkie said he's been excellent, I take back what I saw the LAST TWO YEARS. Overpaid for what he does, and now perhaps to ordinary for a deep D. We already have Komi, he's name is Luke Schenn and after that a young Keith Aulie.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:57 PM
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Not that I doubt it but you'd think something like that would have been repeated here many times over.

Thought I remember someone posting a Bob Mac twit in the last couple days saying he does have an NMC.
yeah i thought i saw a mirtle tweet ... ive looked back this is the best ive got so far on the komi NMC

Quote:
Quote:
Gunnarsson counts for $1.325-million (all currency U.S.) against the salary cap compared to Komisarek's $4.5-million in each of the next three years. Komisarek, by the way, does not have a no-trade or no-move clause in his contract. At the start of each season he is required to give the Leafs a list of at least 10 NHL teams to which he would accept a trade but he cannot block a move to one of them.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2178868/

i must admit though, one is left wondering if shoalts grasps what a NMC is

Last edited by BillyD: 09-28-2011 at 07:02 PM.
BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Federko

So Burkie says Komisarek had a good final 20 games and a good world tourny? Wasen't he injured for the tournament? Does anyone have his stats for the last 20 games? I smell BS

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 07:01 PM
CauseHesMyButler*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Oh please, he's been fine, Burke puffing him up doesn't make me think he's been "excellent" or some kind of stand out. Oh Burkie said he's been excellent, I take back what I saw the LAST TWO YEARS. Overpaid for what he does, and now perhaps to ordinary for a deep D. We already have Komi, he's name is Luke Schenn and after that a young Keith Aulie.
Well I don't agree and neither does Burke and he's the boss. Maybe that's why you whine and cry on message boards and BB runs the team.

CauseHesMyButler* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steams12 View Post
So Burkie says Komisarek had a good final 20 games and a good world tourny? Wasen't he injured for the tournament? Does anyone have his stats for the last 20 games? I smell BS
He has to say good things about his guy...even he knows Komi sucks right now.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 07:03 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steams12 View Post
If you watched the last 20 games, he was adequate, at best. Much better than he'd been previously. I've been happy with him so far in my limited pre-season viewing, but he played with some bad linemates who didn't help how he looked.

example: Satuyrday night with Mikus, there were 3 times I noticed them pinned in their own end, Komi was working hard but Mikus was out of position, laying on the ice or unable to take an easy pass for an easy play to get the puck out.

Old
09-28-2011, 07:04 PM
ACC1224
Steelers 1 - 1

Quote:
yeah i thought i saw a mirtle tweet ... ive looked back this is the best ive got so far on the komi NMC

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2178868/

i must admit though, one is left wondering if shoalts grasps what a NMC is
Found this.

Quote:
Quote:
Bob McKenzie
Many asking about Komisarek's contract status: He has No Move Clause and cannot be put on waivers or assigned anywhere he doesn't want to go

Quote:
Bob McKenzie
Komisarek does, however, have Modified No Trade, allows TOR to deal him to 10+ teams he put on a list. So he could conceivably be traded

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote