HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs experimenting Plekanec and Kostitsyn as point men on the PP?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-28-2011, 04:40 PM
  #26
Tline250
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Guys don't forget that Yemelin, Weber and Campoli all have hard slapshots
Since when weber is in the line up? Next year he'll continue to play for the dogs.

Tline250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 04:44 PM
  #27
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Plekanec as the point man was tried last season with very little success. Gionta, Cammy, AK and Plek are most efficient around the crease or in the slot. Not a big threat at the point.

The problem is both Markov and Subban are at their best on the left side. We're back to where we were: looking for the power slapshot from a leftie.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 04:53 PM
  #28
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tline250 View Post
Since when weber is in the line up? Next year he'll continue to play for the dogs.
Oh okay, thanks Bob McKenzie.


Weber has a 1 way contract if I remember correctly, so whether you like it or not he'll be in the NHL line up, be it in the press box or as a bench warmer. If not he'll be traded, but I highly highly doubt he starts in the AHL.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 05:15 PM
  #29
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Heh, nice avatar Lupes, I feel like it's that way with most Habs fans too, absolutely no middle ground.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 05:15 PM
  #30
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tline250 View Post
Since when weber is in the line up? Next year he'll continue to play for the dogs.
LOL you misspelled Diaz there.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 05:17 PM
  #31
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Oh okay, thanks Bob McKenzie.


Weber has a 1 way contract if I remember correctly, so whether you like it or not he'll be in the NHL line up, be it in the press box or as a bench warmer. If not he'll be traded, but I highly highly doubt he starts in the AHL.
It's not the 1 way contract...it's that he would have to pass waivers...he'd get snatched up in a second.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 05:19 PM
  #32
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,548
vCash: 500
On an unrelated note, does anyone else think Eller looks like a very young 18 year old James Hetfield?

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 05:24 PM
  #33
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
On an unrelated note, does anyone else think Eller looks like a very young 18 year old James Hetfield?
Wait... I'm googling who James Jetfield is...

hahahahahaha

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 05:31 PM
  #34
HTTP 400
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 910
vCash: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
Plekanec as the point man was tried last season with very little success. Gionta, Cammy, AK and Plek are most efficient around the crease or in the slot. Not a big threat at the point.

The problem is both Markov and Subban are at their best on the left side. We're back to where we were: looking for the power slapshot from a leftie.

That's where I thought Yemelin would come into play...

HTTP 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 05:34 PM
  #35
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,873
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Man, I actually like that idea. Entertainin the thoughts of giving Eller some PP time. Kostitsyn main strenght on the PP is his ability to screen the goaltender, with his size, but he is not doing much while Eller would.

Both players (Kost and Plek) shoots left, so they shouldnt be on the same unit obviously.

If I'm JM I'd ride something along those lines for the last preseason game and if it work, I'd try it during regular season.

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Plekanec - Subban

Cole - Eller - Cammalleri
Kostitsyn - Subban (until Markov is ready, I'd double shift Subban. I mean who else are we gonna pencil there? Subban is efective and young enough)
Possibly Campoli. He'd be a decent fit for the second wave on the PP and he's defensively minded enough as well.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 06:21 PM
  #36
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
The 2 units were :

Cammalleri - DD - Cole
Subban - Plekanec

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Campoli - Kostitsyn

I'm really excited by those decisions...hopefully it'll go well.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 07:09 PM
  #37
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
The 2 units were :

Cammalleri - DD - Cole
Subban - Plekanec

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Campoli - Kostitsyn

I'm really excited by those decisions...hopefully it'll go well.
Looks decent enough.

The problem with the Wisniewski-Plekanec pairing of last year is that neither have a good one-time shot and half the time they had Plekanec playing the left-point making the point more or less useless. Having Plekanec feed Subban makes sense, he has a good pass and reads the play well. It should work, and I actually think DD might be a better option then Pleks down low because he has surreal vision.

For the record I'm not saying Wisniewski didn't have a good shot, he did/does. But just watch him play, the majority of his goals don't come off one-timers but rather well placed slap shots and skating in for wrist shots. Markov does the same.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 07:16 PM
  #38
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,530
vCash: 500
AK46 would be more useful to shoot from the slot.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 07:25 PM
  #39
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,216
vCash: 500
AK on the point would end up coughing up the puck and wouldn't be able to set up the PP. He's not exactly the most imaginative player out there. You need a guy on the point who sees the ice extremely well. I don't think that's Andrei's forte.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 08:22 PM
  #40
NBP81
Registered User
 
NBP81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
AK on the point would end up coughing up the puck and wouldn't be able to set up the PP. He's not exactly the most imaginative player out there. You need a guy on the point who sees the ice extremely well. I don't think that's Andrei's forte.
might not be his forte, but he's underrated as a passer. We've witnessed quite a few unreal passes from him during his career...

NBP81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 08:37 PM
  #41
jamz
Registered User
 
jamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
Well the TSN people did not write the discription properly and crazy things have happen before.
Guy Carbonneau isn't our coach anymore.

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 08:39 PM
  #42
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBP81 View Post
might not be his forte, but he's underrated as a passer. We've witnessed quite a few unreal passes from him during his career...
He's an underrated passer but I think he's better suited for clearing the net or to shoot the puck.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 08:48 PM
  #43
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
That's where I thought Yemelin would come into play...
I would like Martin to give Markov-Yemelin a try. Then he could have Subban on the left on another wave.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 09:04 PM
  #44
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
I would like Martin to give Markov-Yemelin a try. Then he could have Subban on the left on another wave.
???????????????????

WOW ! Your best point man on a second unit who's gonna get 20 sec of PP ????

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 09:08 PM
  #45
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
???????????????????

WOW ! Your best point man on a second unit who's gonna get 20 sec of PP ????
Funny, I thought Markov was your best point man. At any rate, I didn't mean Markov-Subban couldn't form the 1st wave. Should I shake my head at your reaction?

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 09:12 PM
  #46
SouthernHab
jak się masz
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
The 2 units were :

Cammalleri - DD - Cole
Subban - Plekanec

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Campoli - Kostitsyn

I'm really excited by those decisions...hopefully it'll go well.
Martin............

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 09:23 PM
  #47
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
The 2 units were :

Cammalleri - DD - Cole
Subban - Plekanec

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Campoli - Kostitsyn

I'm really excited by those decisions...hopefully it'll go well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Martin............
You know it's just a practice lineup right?

Not a game. Not a game. Not. The. Game.

You facepalmin' over practice!

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 09:40 PM
  #48
SouthernHab
jak się masz
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
You know it's just a practice lineup right?

Not a game. Not a game. Not. The. Game.

You facepalmin' over practice!
Looking at our D, I would prefer that they are practicing (a lot) at the points and not forwards.

But we know Martin loves to experiment as shown by his use of Moen as a top 6 forward.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 09:44 PM
  #49
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Looking at our D, I would prefer that they are practicing (a lot) at the points and not forwards.

But we know Martin loves to experiment as shown by his use of Moen as a top 6 forward.
Almost all coaches will put some type of "energy" guy on top lines when they don't produce. Stop with the useless rambling.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 10:09 PM
  #50
SouthernHab
jak się masz
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Almost all coaches will put some type of "energy" guy on top lines when they don't produce. Stop with the useless rambling.


Moen an energy guy? In the Stanley Cup playoffs? After seeing all season that Moen on a line with Gionta and Gomez was a failure?

If you call that useless rambling, can I call your post blind devotion to a failed coach?

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.