HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Old Chris Pronger.....

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-26-2011, 06:22 PM
  #1
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,074
vCash: 500
The Old Chris Pronger.....

I dont know if everyone thinks the same as me but i think with feeling better after his surgeries and being named captain this year i think we are going to see the old pronger as in NASTY .I really haven't seen that edge in him since he came here but i think with being named captain we are going to see a different pronger this coming season not him going to far and putting us on the PK alot but the mean nasty pronger that i was excited about when i heard he was a flyer......

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 06:26 PM
  #2
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Pronger was never as nasty as people believe in terms of hitting. He was credited with a career high in hits during his first year as a Flyer. He never did hit a ton.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 06:35 PM
  #3
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Pronger was never as nasty as people believe in terms of hitting. He was credited with a career high in hits during his first year as a Flyer. He never did hit a ton.
This is his team now Im not talking just hits im talking about his all round play i say we see a different pronger this year.......

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 07:02 PM
  #4
VanSciver
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
This is his team now Im not talking just hits im talking about his all round play i say we see a different pronger this year.......

I think we see the same Pronger. One who saves it for the playoffs.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 07:11 PM
  #5
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,190
vCash: 500
He has to keep his emotions in check cause Shanahan is putting his foot down. They also haven't had to suspend a star player yet and will want to make an example of the first star to do anything dumb.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:47 PM
  #6
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,839
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
He has to keep his emotions in check cause Shanahan is putting his foot down. They also haven't had to suspend a star player yet and will want to make an example of the first star to do anything dumb.
http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/

Make sure you activate "Playoff Mode" as well.

Pronger
+
stomped
+
Sidney Crosby
+
out for season
=
"hockey play" - no suspension

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 02:23 AM
  #7
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,345
vCash: 500
When exactly are we going to see this Pronger fellow play though??

1865 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 09:56 PM
  #8
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
what Is Pronger injury status to right now, ready for the oppener?


Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 09-29-2011 at 01:54 AM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:22 AM
  #9
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
He might not be ready for the oppener but the opening game deffo looks like a possibility

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 06:09 AM
  #10
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,174
vCash: 500
Pronger was already starting to slow down 2 years ago when we aquired him. He was paired with Carle so that Carle could be the one to chase down the puck when the other team dumped it into the Flyers zone and Pronger could set up in front of the net. Pronger will be conserving his energies as much as possible all season long leaning on Carle to do most of the runnning. This isn't a bad thing, just noting that WE won't be seeing the "old Pronger" that was all over the ice. He's older and has to play smarter now and I'm fine with that.


We could just trade Hartnell to the Preds for Suter and then Pronger wouldn't have to do much of anything other than in the ofensive zone.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:02 AM
  #11
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Pronger was already starting to slow down 2 years ago when we aquired him. He was paired with Carle so that Carle could be the one to chase down the puck when the other team dumped it into the Flyers zone and Pronger could set up in front of the net. Pronger will be conserving his energies as much as possible all season long leaning on Carle to do most of the runnning. This isn't a bad thing, just noting that WE won't be seeing the "old Pronger" that was all over the ice. He's older and has to play smarter now and I'm fine with that.


We could just trade Hartnell to the Preds for Suter and then Pronger wouldn't have to do much of anything other than in the ofensive zone.
I don't know if you are serious, maybe my sarcasm detector needs some fine tuning. I agree that Pronger's days of being "all over the ice" may be behind him, but if we were worried that he was slowing down so badly... I don't think we would have paired him with Carle. He isn't exactly lightning fast out there (it's gotten better though).

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:04 AM
  #12
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 40,507
vCash: 500
Technically, we see an old Chris Pronger whenever he plays.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:15 AM
  #13
Midnight Oil
Registered User
 
Midnight Oil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
I dont know if everyone thinks the same as me but i think with feeling better after his surgeries and being named captain this year i think we are going to see the old pronger as in NASTY .I really haven't seen that edge in him since he came here but i think with being named captain we are going to see a different pronger this coming season not him going to far and putting us on the PK alot but the mean nasty pronger that i was excited about when i heard he was a flyer......
Hopefully because when he is on top of his game he is easily in the top 3 in the NHL for best defenseman, and he plays better with a chip on his shoulder.

Midnight Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.