HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Old Chris Pronger.....

Old
09-26-2011, 06:22 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

vCash: 500
The Old Chris Pronger.....

I dont know if everyone thinks the same as me but i think with feeling better after his surgeries and being named captain this year i think we are going to see the old pronger as in NASTY .I really haven't seen that edge in him since he came here but i think with being named captain we are going to see a different pronger this coming season not him going to far and putting us on the PK alot but the mean nasty pronger that i was excited about when i heard he was a flyer......

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Haute Couturier

Pronger was never as nasty as people believe in terms of hitting. He was credited with a career high in hits during his first year as a Flyer. He never did hit a ton.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 06:35 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Pronger was never as nasty as people believe in terms of hitting. He was credited with a career high in hits during his first year as a Flyer. He never did hit a ton.
This is his team now Im not talking just hits im talking about his all round play i say we see a different pronger this year.......

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 07:02 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
This is his team now Im not talking just hits im talking about his all round play i say we see a different pronger this year.......

I think we see the same Pronger. One who saves it for the playoffs.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 07:11 PM
MsWoof

He has to keep his emotions in check cause Shanahan is putting his foot down. They also haven't had to suspend a star player yet and will want to make an example of the first star to do anything dumb.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:47 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
He has to keep his emotions in check cause Shanahan is putting his foot down. They also haven't had to suspend a star player yet and will want to make an example of the first star to do anything dumb.
http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/

Make sure you activate "Playoff Mode" as well.

Pronger
+
stomped
+
Sidney Crosby
+
out for season
=
"hockey play" - no suspension

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 02:23 AM

When exactly are we going to see this Pronger fellow play though??

1865 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 09:56 PM
NewHabsEra*

what Is Pronger injury status to right now, ready for the oppener?

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 09-29-2011 at 01:54 AM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:22 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

He might not be ready for the oppener but the opening game deffo looks like a possibility

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 06:09 AM
phlocky

Pronger was already starting to slow down 2 years ago when we aquired him. He was paired with Carle so that Carle could be the one to chase down the puck when the other team dumped it into the Flyers zone and Pronger could set up in front of the net. Pronger will be conserving his energies as much as possible all season long leaning on Carle to do most of the runnning. This isn't a bad thing, just noting that WE won't be seeing the "old Pronger" that was all over the ice. He's older and has to play smarter now and I'm fine with that.

We could just trade Hartnell to the Preds for Suter and then Pronger wouldn't have to do much of anything other than in the ofensive zone.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:02 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Pronger was already starting to slow down 2 years ago when we aquired him. He was paired with Carle so that Carle could be the one to chase down the puck when the other team dumped it into the Flyers zone and Pronger could set up in front of the net. Pronger will be conserving his energies as much as possible all season long leaning on Carle to do most of the runnning. This isn't a bad thing, just noting that WE won't be seeing the "old Pronger" that was all over the ice. He's older and has to play smarter now and I'm fine with that.

We could just trade Hartnell to the Preds for Suter and then Pronger wouldn't have to do much of anything other than in the ofensive zone.
I don't know if you are serious, maybe my sarcasm detector needs some fine tuning. I agree that Pronger's days of being "all over the ice" may be behind him, but if we were worried that he was slowing down so badly... I don't think we would have paired him with Carle. He isn't exactly lightning fast out there (it's gotten better though).

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Technically, we see an old Chris Pronger whenever he plays.

09-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Midnight Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
I dont know if everyone thinks the same as me but i think with feeling better after his surgeries and being named captain this year i think we are going to see the old pronger as in NASTY .I really haven't seen that edge in him since he came here but i think with being named captain we are going to see a different pronger this coming season not him going to far and putting us on the PK alot but the mean nasty pronger that i was excited about when i heard he was a flyer......
Hopefully because when he is on top of his game he is easily in the top 3 in the NHL for best defenseman, and he plays better with a chip on his shoulder.

Midnight Oil is offline   Reply With Quote