HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

with Ivanas out, should we...

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Pat

vCash: 500
with Ivanas out, should we...

recall Vandermeer.

afterr Komi`s hits on Tucker, Domi tried to invite Komi for a dance. if Komi continues to hit like that, other goons will try to get it on with him...and we all know it`s not his job. rather have him on the ice, dishing out the big hits. so, should we have another goon on the lineup just in case some other bozo tries something?

Old
10-16-2005, 03:00 AM
Traitor8

no cause Vandermeer won't scare anybody anyways...

I think we should sign Worrell (he knows Julien from the days in junior) and he's a TOUGH GUY!

Old
10-16-2005, 03:30 AM
Mike8

Didn't the Rangers sign Worrell?

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Vandermeer for a game or more if he fills the energy/tough-guy role. Depends how long Zednik's out and whether Julien wants to continue rolling four lines though. I like the fourth line as it is now.

Old
10-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I'm still against having a goon in the lineup. Yes, it's true that on a couple of occasions it looked the Leafs were ready and able to push us around last night, and yes, it almost started to look like we're a team that could be intimidated a little bit... except...

We also carried the play for long stretches, had great speed and energy and creativity... and part of that comes with having 4 balanced lines worth of talented, fast, real hockey players. Put a goon on the 4th line, and that takes the whole line out of the game, and the other 3 lines slow down. I'm not for it. I can take a bit of pushing around in the alleys if we can push teams around on the scoreboard.

Old
10-16-2005, 05:34 PM
old scotia

Where is Worrell playing now? or Is Langdon still with the Devils?

Old
10-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by old scotia
I don`t know where those guys are. but I`m still thinking if Ivanans is out for a long periode of time, we might be needing an enforcer.
anyways, when Ivanas is ready...will he drop the gloves again? a fractured orbital bone is nothing to fool around with. it`s a serious injury, one solide punch and you never know what could happen

Old
10-17-2005, 05:56 AM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
I'm still against having a goon in the lineup. Yes, it's true that on a couple of occasions it looked the Leafs were ready and able to push us around last night, and yes, it almost started to look like we're a team that could be intimidated a little bit... except...

We also carried the play for long stretches, had great speed and energy and creativity... and part of that comes with having 4 balanced lines worth of talented, fast, real hockey players. Put a goon on the 4th line, and that takes the whole line out of the game, and the other 3 lines slow down. I'm not for it. I can take a bit of pushing around in the alleys if we can push teams around on the scoreboard.

It doesnt matter, our second line is slowed down anyways what with Dags there. Only difference is, a goon actually does something entertaining every now and then.

Old
10-17-2005, 08:27 AM
GaineysRightHandMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by old scotia
Langdon's deal was for 2 years so he is under contract with Devils this year. He hasn't played a game yet because he has a slight groin injury.

Old
10-17-2005, 11:27 AM
hockeychic28

Send a message via AIM to hockeychic28
Quote:
Worell is playing in for the Hartford Wolfpack in the AHL

Old
10-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Habber

It would probably be good to have a goon around, although not to protect Komi. I'm thinking Komi can take care of himself.

Sending Dags down and bringing up Vandermeer seems like the obvious thing to do for now.

Old
10-17-2005, 12:07 PM
FlavorFlav

Totally, throw the guy a bone, let him play in the big leagues.

Old
10-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
It would probably be good to have a goon around, although not to protect Komi. I'm thinking Komi can take care of himself.

Sending Dags down and bringing up Vandermeer seems like the obvious thing to do for now.
yeppp, I know Komi can take care of himself. I should`ve said it differently though in my post. anyways, I meant a goon to protect the team in a whole

Old
10-17-2005, 05:59 PM
tritone

I would definitely get Worrel if we can. I think he's good enough to play NHL 4th line and he definitely used to tick me off when we had to play the Panthers .

Old
10-17-2005, 06:04 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
I would definitely get Worrel if we can. I think he's good enough to play NHL 4th line and he definitely used to tick me off when we had to play the Panthers .

I remmeber 2 years ago I went to see a game vs Florida with my ex, and at some point Worrell was pissing off Quintal, who wanted to fight him, but Worrell just basically held him by the head and the Q was out of reach LOLLLL

Old
10-17-2005, 06:09 PM
The Power Forward

Nope

Vandermeer is more like a pest - enforcer hybrid than a real enforcer.I was expecting to see some spark from the guy in the camp/pre season but he disapointed me.Now i understand why he never played a game in the nhl before.

I don't think that we need a enforcer , at least not for now.Maybe if things get nasty and the Domi/Brashear types try to come after our good players during the season but for now we will be fine i think.

Id rather have an enforcer than Dagenais on the 4th line though.

Old
10-17-2005, 06:34 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD
I remmeber 2 years ago I went to see a game vs Florida with my ex, and at some point Worrell was pissing off Quintal, who wanted to fight him, but Worrell just basically held him by the head and the Q was out of reach LOLLLL
Exactly..the guy is huge , he knows his role and he can totally change the physical aspect of the team's game . Plus , he can actually skate pretty well .
The only guy I felt comfortable with against him is Langdon , and we don't have him anymore . So I'd definitely take Worrell on the team but only under $1 million .

As for Vandermeer , I would be happy to not see this guy ever play a game for the Habs , I was totally disappointed by his performance in the pre-season .

Closed Thread