HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Questions for preds fans

Old
09-29-2011, 07:51 AM
Koto

vCash: 500
Questions for preds fans

this is a post regarding your big 3 player who need to get paid next summer, i was just wondering what the expectations are in nashville, will ownership ponny up and get all three done?

tsn's bob mackenzie states "if weber was going to do a long term deal with nashville i think he would have done one by now, i think he'll be traded in the next year"
http://watch.tsn.ca/#clip540701

is there any indication that his relationship with the management has soured or that he wants out in anyway?

so i guess im wondering whats going to happen in nashville this year, trade away to suter and pay the other two? lose weber only? lose more than one?

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 07:58 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
this is a post regarding your big 3 player who need to get paid next summer, i was just wondering what the expectations are in nashville, will ownership ponny up and get all three done?

tsn's bob mackenzie states "if weber was going to do a long term deal with nashville i think he would have done one by now, i think he'll be traded in the next year"
http://watch.tsn.ca/#clip540701

is there any indication that his relationship with the management has soured or that he wants out in anyway?

so i guess im wondering whats going to happen in nashville this year, trade away to suter and pay the other two? lose weber only? lose more than one?
Per the CBA Weber cannot sign a long term deal until 1 Jan or later. There is plenty of money to get all three signed, its just a matter of structuring the deals. The players do get a vote in this process as well.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:07 AM
Koto

well i know there is plenty of cap space, but how much is ownership willing to spend?

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:12 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
well i know there is plenty of cap space, but how much is ownership willing to spend?
Up to around the midpoint of the cap which keeps the team eligible for every phase of revenue sharing. Most reasonable guesses put the figure at around $20-21mil for the trio.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote