HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Brendan Gallagher

Old
09-28-2011, 02:16 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Pretty sure Leblanc's counted against us last year.
It didn't, it would only count if he wasn't junior aged and was in the CHL as an overager.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Keep the thread on topic please (Brendan Gallagher).

Enough with the RDS crew

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 09-28-2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: ]
Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 01:19 AM
Komarov47

So what you guys think? Will he have a shot for the 9 games, only because of the different injuries, or is he able to stick with the team full time? If so i really don't see where he could be on the lineup (when everyone's healthy)

Cammalleri-Plek-Cole
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Kostytsyn-Eller-Gallagher (??)
Darche-Desharnais-White/Moen/Blunden

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 01:56 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
So what you guys think? Will he have a shot for the 9 games, only because of the different injuries, or is he able to stick with the team full time? If so i really don't see where he could be on the lineup (when everyone's healthy)

Cammalleri-Plek-Cole
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
he has a shot, but only if eller isn't 100% for opening day i think.

i think the most likely, yet oddball line combination is AKost-DD-Gallagher. Desharnais won't play the fourth line again this season im almost certain of that - unless enqvist sucks balls and he has to fill in...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:24 AM
KanyeWestLEGEND*

If GALLAGHER pans out it would be awesome !

It will finally be a good reason to trade A.Kostitsyn for a NHL D-men and a prospect !

KanyeWestLEGEND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Habs 1909

Deadline to sign Gallagher is saturday 5pm (4th rounders or later) according to Bob McKenzie's twitter (@TSNBobMcKenzie).

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:25 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
Deadline to sign Gallagher is saturday 5pm (4th rounders or later) according to Bob McKenzie's twitter (@TSNBobMcKenzie).
I think the Habs make a decision after tonight's game, if he has a strong game he gets the contract.

Old
09-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanyeWestLEGEND View Post
If GALLAGHER pans out it would be awesome !

It will finally be a good reason to trade A.Kostitsyn for a NHL D-men and a prospect !
Cammalleri, Gionta, Plekanek, Gallagher, Desharnais, Gomez... If we trade away AKost we need to replace him by an offensive forward with size... If not, we officially become the Montreal Liliputians.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I think the Habs make a decision after tonight's game, if he has a strong game he gets the contract.
They should sign him regardless. But if he plays welkl he could earn 4-9 games at the start of the year.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:56 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post

Cammalleri-Plek-Cole
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
What is this obsession ?

Desharnais, right now, is a better centerman than Eller + Eller has not (and probably will not) play a single pre-season game.

Quote:
I would give him a contract anyway. he,s gonna play at NHL level, no doubt. If they gave a contract to Lefebvre and Massť, they certainly can give one to Gallagher !

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 09-29-2011 at 10:05 AM.
habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Jigger77

He's on the second line tonight they're really going to give him all the chances to earn a spot it seems.

Taken from a poster on HIO
"Complete Lineup from Practice courtesy of the finest writer at La Presse, Marc-Antoine Godin who you can follow at @MAGodin on Twitter.

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Cole
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gallagher
Kostitsyn-Desharnais-Gionta
Blunden-Engqvist-Bournival

Yemelin-Subban
Gill-Diaz
Campoli-Gorges

Extra skaters: Woywitka, Darche, Eller, Weber, Palushaj"

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:04 AM
otto bond

The kid has been great and he deserves everything he's getting. It's nice to see this kind of stuff and especially since no ones expected it. Keep turning head Gallagher!

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Bullsmith

I would hate to see Gallagher kept beyond the nine games. He's 19, a fifth round draft pick and we have depth on the roster at wing. There's no reason to gamble with his development. This is a guy who needs to go the WJC. Be amazing to send Bournival, Beaulieu and Gallagher together this year.

Edit- If JM's playing him with Gomez, maybe he's looking for an excuse to send the kid down. (Sarcasm, of course. Mostly.)

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
I would hate to see Gallagher kept beyond the nine games. He's 19, a fifth round draft pick and we have depth on the roster at wing. There's no reason to gamble with his development. This is a guy who needs to go the WJC. Be amazing to send Bournival, Beaulieu and Gallagher together this year.
He doesn't "need" to go to the WJC, it would be nice if he made the team but he didn't last year and it didn't seem to affect his game at all

I personally think they will decide tonight, Tampa should have a though lineup as well and Habs wanna see how he can perform. If he does well I wouldn't be surprised if he starts the year and they make him play 9 games

Old
09-29-2011, 10:12 AM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
He's on the second line tonight they're really going to give him all the chances to earn a spot it seems.

"Complete Lineup from Practice courtesy of the finest writer at La Presse, Marc-Antoine Godin who you can follow at @MAGodin on Twitter.

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Cole

Yemelin-Subban
Gill-Diaz
Campoli-Gorges

That looks alot better, lets see how gallagher does with better players and better lines around him. The top 3 lines should feed off each other.

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jigger77

It'll all depend on his play without the puck imo. That's what the toughest thing is for rookies especially under JM and his system. We know what he can do on the offensive side.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Aeneas

No matter what, if this kid gets the 9 games or not, its very exciting to have a prospect like that, we have to trust management will make the right decision, whether he stays up with us, or he gets sent back down I'm very excited about his future! Go Habs Go !!!!

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:15 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
He doesn't "need" to go to the WJC, it would be nice if he made the team but he didn't last year and it didn't seem to affect his game at all

I personally think they will decide tonight, Tampa should have a though lineup as well and Habs wanna see how he can perform. If he does well I wouldn't be surprised if he starts the year and they make him play 9 games
And if hes great during thoses 9 games...Do you keep him?

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:17 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Cole

Yemelin-Subban
Gill-Diaz
Campoli-Gorges

finally, some semblance of a proper and complete lineup. can't wait for them to lose the next game, and have this board drown in preseason tears.

Last edited by MasterDecoy: 09-29-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old
09-29-2011, 10:17 AM
BigHabs

I liked the pick, when we got Gallagher. I am not just saying it either because he has been playing well and might make the team.

I just like the guys all around game. Even playing for the Giants. He plays with a competitive edge and works extremely hard for a guy of his size.

I posted this summer, 2 guys I am excited to see in our lineup in the near future are:

Gallagher and Bournival. These guys are hard working individuals and they bring something to the table we need now and will need in the future. Bournival watching in Juniors and during this pre-season the guy is a non stop work horse just like Gallagher. They give it all every shift, get off and repeat the very next shift.

These are guys you win with and I am glad that we have both in our prospect pool.

I actually have these guys in my favs over guys like Leblanc, Kristo, Palushaj and such.

I think Gallagher deserves a 9 game contract to see if he can be a main stay. The only thing stopping it IMO, is the organization will send him back to the W so he can have another full guarenteed season under his belt and get some great knowledge and experience from the World Juniors which I see him making. Bournival I believe is in the hunt as well to make the team Canada Juniors as well.

These guys along with others such as Leblanc, Kristo, Dumont, Beaulieu, Tinordi. We have a bright future I believe.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Gainey#1*

Quote:

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Cole

Yemelin-Subban
Gill-Diaz
Campoli-Gorges

Finally, a decent line-up!
Although I hope if the season started tonight that Gionta would not be on the 3rd line!
More likely they are trying to see how Gallagher performs with two established players.

On a side note: Poor Weber...

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Yes
If he is great and you don't have a reason not to play him than you have no choice but make room for him.

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 09-29-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old
09-29-2011, 10:27 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
in the hypothetical that he does great over those 9 games? yes i would keep him. even if after he is relegated to playing half the games from the pressbox. when the eventual injury happens. he can fill in in a somewhat diminished capacity (third line filler).

palushaj doesn't seem to be able to do anything. at this point, i'd rather keep gallaghe than count on palushaj during the season.

Old
09-29-2011, 10:32 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Yes
If he is great and you don't have a reason not to play him than you have no choice but make room for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
in the hypothetical that he does great over those 9 games? yes i would keep him. even if after he is relegated to playing half the games from the pressbox. when the eventual injury happens. he can fill in in a somewhat diminished capacity (third line filler).

palushaj doesn't seem to be able to do anything. at this point, i'd rather keep gallaghe than count on palushaj during the season.
We all agree that IF he can contribute to the scoresheet he will stay in MTL. Otherwise he will be send out to Vancouver. Tonight is THE test for him.

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
We all agree that IF he can contribute to the scoresheet he will stay in MTL. Otherwise he will be send out to Vancouver. Tonight is THE test for him.

Thing is Gallagher scored 41 and 44 goals in his last 2 years in Juniors and was a last cut by Team Canada at the WJ. It would be nice for him to participate in that tournament but honestly does he have much to prove in the WHL still?