HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Official Training Camp/Rookie Camp/Preseason Thread V2.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-28-2011, 03:38 PM
  #326
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Because you generally want someone with a better shot than a 9 year old girl on the point.



I preffer the one who play like a little girl according to himself

EveryDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:34 AM
  #327
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,742
vCash: 500
Anybody know the lineups for tonight?

FrankMTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:35 AM
  #328
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Anybody know the lineups for tonight?
Something like this

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Cole
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gallagher
Kostitsyn-Desharnais-Gionta
Blunden-Engqvist-Bournival

Yemelin-Subban
Gill-Diaz
Campoli-Gorges

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:35 AM
  #329
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Anybody know the lineups for tonight?
Got this from HIO. As someone pointed out in another thread I'm not sure where Spacek is though.

Complete Lineup from Practice courtesy of the finest writer at La Presse, Marc-Antoine Godin who you can follow at @MAGodin on Twitter.

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Cole
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gallagher
Kostitsyn-Desharnais-Gionta
Blunden-Engqvist-Bournival

Yemelin-Subban
Gill-Diaz
Campoli-Gorges

Extra skaters: Woywitka, Darche, Eller, Weber, Palushaj

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:36 AM
  #330
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,749
vCash: 500
The second line should be interesting

EveryDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:43 AM
  #331
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Something like this

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Cole
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gallagher
Kostitsyn-Desharnais-Gionta
Blunden-Engqvist-Bournival

Yemelin-Subban
Gill-Diaz
Campoli-Gorges
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Got this from HIO. As someone pointed out in another thread I'm not sure where Spacek is though.

Complete Lineup from Practice courtesy of the finest writer at La Presse, Marc-Antoine Godin who you can follow at @MAGodin on Twitter.

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Cole
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gallagher
Kostitsyn-Desharnais-Gionta
Blunden-Engqvist-Bournival

Yemelin-Subban
Gill-Diaz
Campoli-Gorges

Extra skaters: Woywitka, Darche, Eller, Weber, Palushaj
Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
The second line should be interesting
The third too!! Can't wait to see Desharnais dishing it out to Gio and Kost!

FrankMTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:48 AM
  #332
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,749
vCash: 500
Gionta has been a deception in the training camp so far....
Interested to see Diaz once again with big Gill.


Yemelin Subban

EveryDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:50 AM
  #333
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Gionta has been a deception in the training camp so far....Interested to see Diaz once again with big Gill.


Yemelin Subban
Plekanec too, but you know those guys will bring it when it counts.

FrankMTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:55 AM
  #334
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
The third too!! Can't wait to see Desharnais dishing it out to Gio and Kost!
And AK too, dishing it off to DD and Gio.

And Gio... shooting.


Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 12:07 PM
  #335
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Plekanec too, but you know those guys will bring it when it counts.
exactly, training camp is for them to work on fitness, timing etc. They're not trying to impress anybody to win a job

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 12:27 PM
  #336
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,016
vCash: 500
Diaz and Bournival last games as Habs.....No matter how they do. Remains to be seen when Gallagher's last game will be...if he doesn't do well today, he's done. I see him at best having a 9-game tryout....but don't see him staying whatsoever. Unfortunately. Though the Canada experiment will be good for him....you just hope he is in the plans though.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 12:38 PM
  #337
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,942
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Diaz and Bournival last games as Habs.....No matter how they do. Remains to be seen when Gallagher's last game will be...if he doesn't do well today, he's done. I see him at best having a 9-game tryout....but don't see him staying whatsoever. Unfortunately. Though the Canada experiment will be good for him....you just hope he is in the plans though.
If Gallagher makes the team for a 9 game trial, there is no way that team Canada will overlook him. Having NHL experience will prove a valuable asset to any team trying to win a short tournament. There's a higher level of pressure that he's already played under.

I agree with you on Bournival and Diaz, they will both be sent down after this game. Its also time for the players on the fourth line to make their stake to being in the opening game line-up. You'd have to think that Engqvist is staying with the big club unless there is a trade option out there. (Seeing as we're at what.. 49 contracts and if we sign Gallagher for a 9 game trial, we're at 50).

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 12:48 PM
  #338
habsrule22
Registered User
 
habsrule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Powassan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,648
vCash: 500
should be good to see how the top 3 lines feed off each other. Will also be good to see how the defence gel together. Tonight will be a good test for them.

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 01:20 PM
  #339
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Hopefully Engqvist does better in a real 4th line role than he did in a 2nd line-ish role during camp.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 01:28 PM
  #340
GordonGraham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
With Henry going to the bulldogs are we down to 35?

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:29 AM
  #341
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,780
vCash: 500
Pour l'instant, Gallagher s'entraîne avec Blunden et Eller sur un 5e trio. Un signe de choses à venir ? Ces trios peuvent changer, mais...
40 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

MAGodin Marc Antoine Godin
Premiers trios à l'entraînement du CH: Bournival-Gomez-Gionta, AK46-Plekanec-Cammalleri, Darche-Desharnais-Cole, Palushaj-Engqvist-Weber

MAGodin Marc Antoine Godin
Apart from Phil DeSimone, D Olivier Dame-Malka is other tryout at #Habs camp that got a contract. McFadden, DeHart & Winnett were released.


Last edited by Mike8: 09-30-2011 at 11:46 AM. Reason: merge
HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:38 AM
  #342
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25
 
Habs4Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mississauga
Country: India
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
as per Arpon Basu's twitter...

Cole is skating with DD and Darche
MaxPac is not at practice

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:41 AM
  #343
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Pour l'instant, Gallagher s'entraîne avec Blunden et Eller sur un 5e trio. Un signe de choses à venir ? Ces trios peuvent changer, mais...
40 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

MAGodin Marc Antoine Godin
Premiers trios à l'entraînement du CH: Bournival-Gomez-Gionta, AK46-Plekanec-Cammalleri, Darche-Desharnais-Cole, Palushaj-Engqvist-Weber
is he implying Gallagher sent home? or that Eller plays next game?

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:43 AM
  #344
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory
 
Moen is Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 4,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
as per Arpon Basu's twitter...

Cole is skating with DD and Darche
MaxPac is not at practice
Also Gallagher-Eller-Blunden and Weber-Engqvist-Palushaj.

Interesting lines

Moen is Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:45 AM
  #345
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,331
vCash: 500
I laughed at Bournival with Gomez and Gionta. What's the point? heh

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:46 AM
  #346
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,780
vCash: 500
MAGodin Marc Antoine Godin
Les duos en défense: Gill-Subban, Diaz-Spacek, Campoli-Gorges et Emelin-Woywitka. Sérieux, sans Markov, cette défense-là est très ordinaire!

ArponBasu Arpon Basu
Diaz remains on the right side of Spacek on #Habs defence, and Yemelin is still with Woywitka. Interpret away...

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:55 AM
  #347
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I laughed at Bournival with Gomez and Gionta. What's the point? heh
Jacques wanted to remind Gomer who The Man is. Mess with me and I'll put a 4th liner on your wing again and we'll see who's boss.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:57 AM
  #348
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,634
vCash: 500
I'm not going to read too much into the lines and pairings at this point personally. Lines change so often during a season, hell, during a game.

More curious to me is that Bournival is still with the team...I liked what i've seen from him so far. Doesn't look out of place IMO...interesting that he's getting an extended look

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:05 PM
  #349
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I'm not going to read too much into the lines and pairings at this point personally. Lines change so often during a season, hell, during a game.

More curious to me is that Bournival is still with the team...I liked what i've seen from him so far. Doesn't look out of place IMO...interesting that he's getting an extended look
I also thought that Bournival looked very good. I posted a few times yesterday, no one picked it up, everyone was to busy whinning about pre-season losses.

Bournival imo looks to be physically mature and the speed of the game doesn't seem to be a problem. He has pretty good offensive instincts for a 3rd line type of player and had he been playing with better played last night he could have picked up a couple of points in the limited time he played.

He played two games and has looked extremely smart on the ice. He impresses me because he knows where to go on the ice and how to make himself open.

I really think Gauthier made a hell of a trade flipping O'byrne for him.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:10 PM
  #350
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,331
vCash: 500
Someone tell Godin how to spell Yemelin, please.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.