HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philly/Nashville deal?

Old
09-29-2011, 09:48 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy83 View Post
Whats the deal with Ellis, is he NHL ready? Play any games for you guys.

And realistically how does he fit into your plans and what would be a going rate for him. We have a 2nd rd pick from the Kings I'm sure Homer will throw away for free lol

I think Hartnells actuall salary for this year is something like 3.9 then 3.5 for next year. Somewhere in that ballpark.

I'm gonna go look it up.
Ellis is probably not going to crack our lineup out of camp but we are stupid deep at D so he might be able to play for someone else. He is considered an elite prospect so he wouldnt be available for chump change.

I dont know if poile would part with him for Hartnell or not.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
I would like hartnell, but not if the cost is Josi Blum or ellis.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:11 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy83 View Post
Hartnell is 3.7 this year and 3.2 next year.
thats what would make this deal make sense for both of us... you guys clear more cap space, we get the cheap years of the contract

I'd take him back at that price, but not sure Id part with ellis, definitely not Blum.

Josi, no problem...

Old
09-29-2011, 10:14 AM
imthatguy83

I just looked up some info on our draft picks.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com...ure/Flyers.htm

It looks like for 2012 we have:
1st Rd:
Our 1st (unlikely to be dealt)

2nd Rd:
The Kings 2nd Rounder
The Panthers 2nd Rounder (possibly)

3rd Rd:
The Panther 3rd Rounder

For 2013 we have:

1st Rd:
Our First (again unlikely to be moved)

2nd Rd:
Our 2nd Rounder
The Panthers 2nd Rounder(possibly, if they didn't give us their 2012)

3rd Rd:
Our 3rd Rounder
Wild'd 3rd Rounder

I'm thinking if we are going to be tossing a Draft Choice into a deal it would most likely be one of the Panthers picks, considering they are the best value. A high 2nd is like a 1st right lol.

Not sure about trading draft picks you got from other teams, but I assume their is no restrictions on that right.

imthatguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:18 AM
imthatguy83

Maybe Hartnell + 2012 The Kings 2nd or Panthers 2nd's (2012 or 2013, Panthers choice) + Our 3rd 2012 or 2013 our choice

for

Ellis + like a 3-5th 2012 or 2013 your choice or some BS

imthatguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:37 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Ok I have to ask, looking at the roster and depth chart where would Nashville make room for Hartnell? If Smith stays up I'm wondering how they are going to play O'Reilly.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:03 AM
WartracePred

Based on Trotz's post game presser last night, Bourque is the next Spaling - Trotz gushed about his two-way, responsible play.
Also means there is some redundancy on our 4th line with Spaling and Smithson if Bourque stays.

Next, Smith isn't ready for the responsibility of a top 6 role just yet. Trotz said he did "fine" against a top tier player like Backstrom. So, that means we need O'Reilly till Fisher is ready. Smith will get there, but he is behind Cal O right now. Could be wrong here, but that's my assessment.

If Fisher is close to being ready, I think Cal is gone in a trade. Would Trotz/Poile part with Smithson, Spaling, or Bourque? Probably not.

Bergfors hasn't stood out to me at all. What about Bergfors and a prospect?

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Broom of the System

I think Bergfors has been pretty good so far...

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:07 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
I could see Josi being the guy, he would be missed but would be good move, also josi would gel well with sbisa.
Isn't Sbisa in Anaheim?

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:10 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend View Post
Isn't Sbisa in Anaheim?
yes. they traded him in the pronger deal

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:21 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

A trade for Hartnell has been tossed around for a while. At first I was against it. I sort of liked Hartnell while he was here, but he wasn't my favorite. Took dumb penalties. He was young, though, so I'd imagine he is smarter now. His salary isn't too crazy (3.9m this year, 3.2m next). His contract expires soon. He is incredibly durable which is even more impressive when you consider how he plays (has only miss three games since signing with Philly). The low amount for next season allows us to hang on to some forward depth while keeping room to sign Weber, Suter, Rinne, Tootoo, SK, Wilson, Geoffrion, O'Reilly, Blum, Laasko and Hillen if we choose, and Lindback. Better yet, it's a winger instead of another damn center.

I would NOT give up SK as some rumors were saying. I would not give up Ellis or Blum. Hellberg I don't see being moved, and Lindback can't be moved. Pickard isn't ready yet. I'd hate to move Josi. But as the saying goes, you have to give to get. It'll be interesting.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 12:17 PM
maplepred

My bad about the sbisa thing, forgot he was dealt to ducks.

Well this rumor has been going on for over 24 hours, Maybe it fell through!?!?

If homer is insisting on Blum or Ellis, poile left the room hours ago. Harts is good but not worth either of those two

maplepred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Hartnell isnt really anything we dont already have... Another Hornqvist. We need a Sniper, a guy who can create his own offense on a nightly basis.
Shishkanov. ftw.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 12:41 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
My bad about the sbisa thing, forgot he was dealt to ducks.

Well this rumor has been going on for over 24 hours, Maybe it fell through!?!?

If homer is insisting on Blum or Ellis, poile left the room hours ago. Harts is good but not worth either of those two
I'm sure some trades take weeks to make. Maybe the rumor was false. Maybe it was right, but the deal fell through. If it was on the mark it's more likely that they are still negotiating.

Old
09-29-2011, 12:46 PM
maplepred

I just hate getting my hopes all up once again then nothing happens as usual.
This is a make or break season with all of the big three and also other potentially gone to new teams, Poile has to do something.

Sometimes it's hard being a fan of a team that has Poile as the GM lol, he is so damn patient!! But I suppose that's also a good thing,

Just make us happy Dave, finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'm sure some trades take weeks to make. Maybe the rumor was false. Maybe it was right, but the deal fell through. If it was on the mark it's more likely that they are still negotiating.

maplepred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 01:46 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Cooper is doing a chat at 2:00 (3:00 East).

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...-p-m-thursday/

Maybe some light will be shed on this rumor.

Edit: He says he hasn't heard much about it.

Last edited by AtlantaWhaler: 09-29-2011 at 02:13 PM.
AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:06 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I just hate getting my hopes all up once again then nothing happens as usual.
This is a make or break season with all of the big three and also other potentially gone to new teams, Poile has to do something.

Sometimes it's hard being a fan of a team that has Poile as the GM lol, he is so damn patient!! But I suppose that's also a good thing,

Just make us happy Dave, finally
Hartnell becomes a 2nd or 3rd liner with our current group of players. He'd be a nice addition, but, not necessarily a must have.

If Poile handled the team in a manner close to what message boards keep ranting for we'd be the Jackets or Thrashers. This team needs a fix in one area, and like all teams could use tweaks or improvements in others. We've lacked a PP QB for years and a finisher would be a nice addition. Of course we may have those roles possibly filled internally by Ellis or at least improved with a full season of Blum ... and up front with Smith or the former 20+ goal scorer rehab project known as Bergfors.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:14 PM
KevFist
is best pony

I wasn't a fan of Bergfors in Atlanta simply because his style didn't fit the team under Ramsay. Bergfors also needs a disciplinarian type coach like Trotz. The kid has an AMAZING shot and a great eye for an outlet pass. if given the proper chance, I think he could be exactly what Nashville's looking for.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Broom of the System

Unless Trotz is willing to make Smitty/Spaling/Tootoo the true fourth line rather than 2nd/3rd line, I'd rather just give Wilson or Bergfors, or both, a chance at the top 6 spot rather than trading away assets.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:30 PM
dulzhok

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
If Poile handled the team in a manner close to what message boards keep ranting for we'd be the Jackets or Thrashers. This team needs a fix in one area, and like all teams could use tweaks or improvements in others. We've lacked a PP QB for years and a finisher would be a nice addition. Of course we may have those roles possibly filled internally by Ellis or at least improved with a full season of Blum ... and up front with Smith or the former 20+ goal scorer rehab project known as Bergfors.
Clearly if Poile goes after a goal scorer the team will become the Jackets or Thrashers.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 02:52 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Unless Trotz is willing to make Smitty/Spaling/Tootoo the true fourth line rather than 2nd/3rd line, I'd rather just give Wilson or Bergfors, or both, a chance at the top 6 spot rather than trading away assets.
I don't see that happening. The shutdown line will probably get third line-type minutes. Luckily, though, Tootoo looks like a completely different player since cleaning up. He is a legitimate threat out there, and I think having Tootoo playing with Spaling will help Nick's growth. Smithson is Smithson. Great PKer. Great defensive, grinding forward. Can kill some of the best offensive pushes.

I'm with you, though. I want to see what Bergfors and Wilson do before we start talking about needing another forward. Having someone for depth would be nice. If you are a fan of this team and didn't yet understand the importance of depth, last year should have been a very good lesson. I think our top six is set. It may not be flashy. It may not produce a line that strikes fear into the hearts of other teams. The parity between our three scoring lines will be effective as usual. Other coaches will have a hard time deciding which line to defend against and which line to let the weak pairing(s) (I'm looking at you, Columbus ) go up against, even with last change.

Maybe Hillen will turn into a PP QB

Old
09-29-2011, 02:53 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Clearly if Poile goes after a goal scorer the team will become the Jackets or Thrashers.
What he is saying is that if Poile ran the team with the same amount of patience often displayed around here (very little) then we would have a team with several holes rather than a team with one.

But I could be wrong

Old
09-29-2011, 03:02 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
What he is saying is that if Poile ran the team with the same amount of patience often displayed around here (very little) then we would have a team with several holes rather than a team with one.

But I could be wrong
...and the hole this team has is one you can live with. It's easier to win if you can stop the other team from scoring as opposed to having to score more on your own.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 03:08 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroFist View Post
...and the hole this team has is one you can live with. It's easier to win if you can stop the other team from scoring as opposed to having to score more on your own.
amazing how an outsider who has dealt with having the opposite situation grasps this so readily...