HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov - Not returning for 2011-12 season

Old
09-29-2011, 12:38 PM
VladNYC*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
wow, 20-25 million per year in Russia?

Sure thing, sparky.
Since when is his contract 5 million? 900k is what he would make his next season if he came back to the NHL. He is already making 5 times that now and would probably get 10 times that his next contract in the KHL...tax free. A 10 million dollar contract in the KHL due to tax reasons is worth 15 million in the NHL and for 30 less games. This equals out to 81k per game in the NHL and 185K per game in the KHL.

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 12:41 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
Since when is his contract 5 million? 900k is what he would make his next season if he came back to the NHL. He is already making 5 times that now and would probably get 10 times that his next contract in the KHL...tax free. A 10 million dollar contract in the KHL due to tax reasons is worth 15 million in the NHL and for 30 less games.
You said he will make at least five times as much in Russia as he can make in the NHL. That means that you believe he will make a minimum of fives times more in the KHL than he can possibly make in the NHL. That's a load of crap. Sure he has to finish off his final year of an ELC, but that's his own fault. After that he will easily make $5m in the NHL. And by the way, there is no state income tax in TN, so if he makes $5m here it's like making $7m or so elsewhere (depending on tax rates). See... we can do it, too If you meant he will make 5 times more in Russia than he will make for his first season (or half season) back in the NHL then sure, but that isn't what you said.

Oh and in NA we have something called the Stanley Cup. I don't think Rads has one of those yet. the K can't offer him anything that he doesn't already have except more money

(by the by, if he signs a $10m contract in Russia I wonder if in the back of his mind he wonders how much of that he will actually see...)

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 12:51 PM
VladNYC*

Quote:
A bit of background on VladNYC is probably necessary. He's a notorious Russian-Pride chest thumper. He's long maintained that all Russian players would rather play at home, but they've all been blinded and tricked by NHL gms into leaving for the NHL, and has long been disgusted by the fact that this is allowed to go on.
What a nonsense post. You are welcome to quote me where I have said any of the above.

The players play where they want to play. No one is forcing them to play in the NHL or KHL. No one has been tricked. My only problem with the NHL is that it wants European leagues to be farm leagues for the NHL with out compensating them properly. I have no problems with Russians coming to the NHL.

Old
09-29-2011, 12:52 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

How should leagues be compensated in the event a player decides he wants to play in the NHL? Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of "players play where they want to play"?

Old
09-29-2011, 01:04 PM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
You said he will make at least five times as much in Russia as he can make in the NHL. That means that you believe he will make a minimum of fives times more in the KHL than he can possibly make in the NHL. That's a load of crap. Sure he has to finish off his final year of an ELC, but that's his own fault. After that he will easily make $5m in the NHL. And by the way, there is no state income tax in TN, so if he makes $5m here it's like making $7m or so elsewhere (depending on tax rates). See... we can do it, too If you meant he will make 5 times more in Russia than he will make for his first season (or half season) back in the NHL then sure, but that isn't what you said.

Oh and in NA we have something called the Stanley Cup(Which no one east of New Foundland gives a crap about) . I don't think Rads has one of those yet. the K can't offer him anything that he doesn't already have except more money

(by the by, if he signs a $10m contract in Russia I wonder if in the back of his mind he wonders how much of that he will actually see...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladnyc
What ever contract he gets in Russia next year will be the most expensive in the KHL. It'll probably be at least 5 times what he can get in the NHL next year.
Radulov's next contract in the KHL will probably be 10 mil per year for for 3 years. In that same time period in the NHL he would get 11 million if he got a 5 million dollar NHL contract. That is 19 million less if we dont figure in the taxes.

While you don't have to pay state income tax, you still have to pay federal income tax. The income tax liability for a single with 0 exceptions and dependents is $1,725,284 on $5,000,000 gross earning. That is still a tax percentage of 34.5%

Last edited by Doctor No: 09-29-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Flaming
Old
09-29-2011, 01:12 PM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
How should leagues be compensated in the event a player decides he wants to play in the NHL? Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of "players play where they want to play"?
A player with no contract is free to sign with any one. A player under contract can only leave his team to another team or league if proper transfer compensation is made to cancel his original contract. Before the KHL came about, any player could leave a Russian team whenever he wanted and the NHL would pay a flat fee of $200,000. Which is utter nonsense. This is how it is in soccer and other international sports and this is how it should be done in the NHL. Had we had this in the first place, Radu would never have been able to flee Nashville and sign with Ufa and you would also be able to sign Radu right out of Ufa if you compensated his team properly.

Old
09-29-2011, 01:15 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Radulov's next contract in the KHL will probably be 10 mil per year for for 3 years. In that same time period in the NHL he would get 11 million if he got a 5 million dollar NHL contract. That is 19 million less if we dont figure in the taxes.

While you don't have to pay state income tax, you still have to pay federal income tax. The income tax liability for a single with 0 exceptions and dependents is $1,725,284 on $5,000,000 gross earning. That is still a tax percentage of 34.5%
I am very familiar with the tax codes in the United States. We can assume for the rest of the week that Radulov will get paid X here and Y there. We can assume that money is the biggest issue. We can assume that Radulov isn't like Ovechkin or Malkin, and he doesn't have the desire to be the best among the best. That's all nice. At the end of the day, he has made comments that may or may not point to his return. That is how this discussion came about.

Rads seems to have concerns about playing in Salvat after this season. He has been in talks with Poile on and off this year. There have been reports of money problems in the league. There was a plane crash that could weigh into his decision (whether or not that is a fair concern, it is still likely a concern). There have been reports of players not receiving the money promised to them. Contract situations in Russia are not nearly as stable as they are in the States. The NHL is the next step if he wants to continue competing with the best in the world. He doesn't have a Cup yet. If he plays in Nashville he fills the only hole left on a team that could very well compete for that Cup considering he will be playing with the best D pairing in the league, and in net is one of the best goaltenders in the league. He will have one of the best coaches in the league. He already has a condo completely paid off in Nashville. His mom has a place in Nashville. More importantly, he seems to want to play in Nashville if he returns (he was asked if he would like for his rights to be traded, and he said "no I want to play in Nashville".)

At this point I guess it's more of a wait-and-see situation than a "my points are better than your points so I win" situation...

btw, I nearly got a perfect score on the reading comprehension portion of my ACT (had to retake it last year since I waited so long to go to college)

Last edited by Doctor No: 09-29-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: QDP
Old
09-29-2011, 01:47 PM
VladNYC*

Look, all I am doing is explaining to you guys the situation from a Russian perspective. Radu is a Russian, who speaks Russian, thinks Russian and gives his interviews in Russian so i am trying to give you some insight into the situation. The guy is a hot head and thinks he is the best. He wants to be treated as such. 900k is something he feels is below him. If you wanna know the inside rumor, it is that he is going to SKA St.Petersburg. Something incredible would have to happen for him to come over to the NHL to play for 900k. He would need to feel really slighted by The KHL and not just one of it's teams. I am not saying he will never come over, just not in the current situation. As most post Soviet Russians of his generation, he doesn't give a crap about the Stanley Cup, only money and status. The best scenario for him to come and play for 900k is for half the season or something like that. The things he said on twitter were about most likely not staying in Ufa and not about leaving for the NHL.

Last edited by VladNYC*: 09-29-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old
09-29-2011, 02:14 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Look, all I am doing is explaining to you guys the situation from a Russian perspective. Radu is a Russian, who speaks Russian, thinks Russian and gives his interviews in Russian so i am trying to give you some insight into the situation. The guy is a hot head and thinks he is the best. He wants to be treated as such. 900k is something he feels is below him. If you wanna know the inside rumor, it is that he is going to SKA St.Petersburg. Something incredible would have to happen for him to come over to the NHL to play for 900k. He would need to feel really slighted by The KHL and not just one of it's teams. I am not saying he will never come over, just not in the current situation. As most post Soviet Russians of his generation, he doesn't give a crap about the Stanley Cup, only money and status. The best scenario for him to come and play for 900k is for half the season or something like that. The things he said on twitter were about most likely not staying in Ufa and not about leaving for the NHL.
It doesn't matter what language he thinks in or where he's from ... Radulov is an immature prima donna who is incapable of honoring commitments he made as a pseudo-adult.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Kshahdoo

Lol http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4414/...1fc8e5d_XL.jpg

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:10 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
It doesn't matter what language he thinks in or where he's from ... Radulov is an immature prima donna who is incapable of honoring commitments he made as a pseudo-adult.
that's easy to say as joe ignorant fan, but there's more to it than that. I think if you want to point to a blameable party, it's his russian agent(he has two.) I think that at the advent of the KHL, Radulov's agent basically sold him as the fledgling league's "marquee star," and got a big contract out of it. I think Radulov bought the spiel hook line and sinker, and i think he's reached a point where he's starting to become more capable of thinking for himself, and realizing that the 900K is a brief inconvenience that he might have to swallow if he wants to play in a league that is fitting of him.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:16 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
that's easy to say as joe ignorant fan, but there's more to it than that. I think if you want to point to a blameable party, it's his russian agent(he has two.) I think that at the advent of the KHL, Radulov's agent basically sold him as the fledgling league's "marquee star," and got a big contract out of it. I think Radulov bought the spiel hook line and sinker, and i think he's reached a point where he's starting to become more capable of thinking for himself, and realizing that the 900K is a brief inconvenience that he might have to swallow if he wants to play in a league that is fitting of him.
yeah, that... or else he's still the same uncoachable headcase who got thrown off our top line by his linemates, and maybe is excelling in Russia just because the competition over there truly isnt that much above the AHL over here.

I honestly dont know which is true, which is why I do not want poile to hand him a multimillion dollar multiyear extension until he at least comes back and plays part of a season here and shows us that he really has matured and improved.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
I mean Radulov wrote there to Malkin that he demanded a trade

Last edited by Kshahdoo: 09-29-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old
09-29-2011, 04:46 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
to ska st petersburg?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:47 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
isnt it tagged with #KHL? so probably talking about a team within the K. either way i dont see him back til next year.

CalleJAMkrok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
What do you think, Kshahdoo? If you were a betting man, would you bet on Radulov returning to the NHL or playing in the KHL next season (possibly with a different team)?
It looks like he's been used to Russia's life. And if you're a star with big millions, it's more comfortable for some persons to live in Russia than in the USA. Because you can do almost whatever you want.

Old
09-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
to ska st petersburg?
Who knows. He just wrote that "coach tazed me" (in more rude manner).

Old
09-29-2011, 04:54 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

If he stayed in the NHL, I'd say there's a good chance he'd be putting up 90 points a season

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:55 PM
K3V1N

Why bother talking about this guy?!?! He's GONE! Never to return! Old news! A dead horse! Beat, beat, beat...

K3V1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 04:57 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

how can a fiscally broke league afford to pay a guy 10 million a year?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 05:05 PM
K3V1N

10 million for Dead-Horse Rads, hmm. Bull$h!+

K3V1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
how can a fiscally broke league afford to pay a guy 10 million a year?
Gazprom can. Especially if they trade him to SKA, and then SKA will make him an offer...

Old
09-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

delete

Last edited by Paranoid Android: 09-29-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 06:16 PM
VladNYC*

The picture posted is a fake. That post is not on twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/RADUL22

Last edited by VladNYC*: 09-29-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old
09-29-2011, 07:50 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
I agree about the hot-head, prima donna assessment. I'm sure he is more comfortable in Russia. Nearly everyone is more comfortable in their country of origin. Try going to Europe for a few weeks. It's amazing what you begin to miss. I don't agree that you think the Stanley Cup or the NHL isn't important to Radulov. Is the NHL as important enough for him to give up his rock-star lifestyle? Maybe not. Arguing with his current coach doesn't indicate that he's matured any. He certainly won't be pampered by Trotz or his teammates. Nor will the money be anywhere near the same. So for now, I think he goes to another team in the KHL.

The Preds can win the Cup without him.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote