HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, College, International, Other) *Part 2*

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

vCash: 500
Wow, 25 extra lbs is a lot of weight... and with the speed...

Can't wait to see him next year.

Old
09-28-2011, 04:23 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
If there is a next camp. If not, we're gonna have to hope that MSG decides to pick up the wolf pack (ahem, pardon me, the Whale) games or else it might be another long year of no hockey.
They better do everything they can to avoid another lockout.

Old
09-28-2011, 06:21 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
They better do everything they can to avoid another lockout.
I hope so. 2004-05 sucked, I resorted to the QMJHL. Never again!

At least Canada's WJC team would be extra strong like in 2005. That was a dream team.

Old
09-28-2011, 06:42 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

More Kreider

Quote:
Boxford's Chris Kreider looks poised for a big season at Boston College. The Eagles lost four of their top five scorers from a year ago and the 6-foot-2, 205 pound Kreider is likely to occupy a top-line role.

"Chris is maturing. He's a player that's been developing at a steady progress in his time at BC and I think he's ready for one more jump," said Eagles veteran head coach Jerry York.
Quote:
"His ability to see the game should be a little bit easier this season. A lot of goals now are second effort rebound goals, and Chris is realizing he has to be in the paint more," said York. "He's capable of certainly doubling his goal production from last year."
http://www.salemnews.com/sports/x446...in-Black-Bears

Kreider had 11 goals last season.

More York

Quote:
"I like our look up front. We have two very good senior left wingers in Paul Carey and Barry Almeida. They will spearhead that senior class. The junior class includes three very key players for us in Chris Kreider, Pat Mullane and Steven Whitney. We expect them to be strong, dominant players in the conference this year."
Quote:
Kreider has played in 70 games and has registered 47 career points. A two-time participant in the World Junior Championships in late December and early January as well as the World Championships in May as a member of the U.S. National teams, Kreider enters his junior campaign having benefitted from vast exposure to international competition. A 205-pound freshman to start the 2009-10 season, Kreider enters his junior season listed at 6-foot-3 and 225 pounds.
http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/m-ho...092611aaa.html

Kreider has added 20 pounds in two years. What are they feeding him? Tim Erixon needs to add some meat on his bones. Some of these kids mature differently. The Hawks wanted Nick Leddy to add some weight and he only added 5 pounds. All 2009 first rounders.

Old
09-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan Up View Post
I hope so. 2004-05 sucked, I resorted to the QMJHL. Never again!

At least Canada's WJC team would be extra strong like in 2005. That was a dream team.
You folks come up North, you'll all be St. Lawrence Hockey fans within the month.

Old
09-28-2011, 07:15 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
More Kreider

More York

Kreider has added 20 pounds in two years. What are they feeding him? Tim Erixon needs to add some meat on his bones. Some of these kids mature differently. The Hawks wanted Nick Leddy to add some weight and he only added 5 pounds. All 2009 first rounders.
That kid is going to be a bull. And the scary thing is, that when I saw him last year walking around, he looked like he could add MORE muscle in his upper body. His lower body was HUGE. His legs were literally like tree trunks.

On another note: Am I the only one who noticed York saying there were (2) Senior LWers and then Kreider.....Kreider is a LW.

Old
09-28-2011, 07:18 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
More Kreider

More York

Kreider is a health nut, workout fiend, gym rat.

Im not surprised. He had decent size when drafted, but he's become a freaking monster.

6-3, 225 pounds coming down the wing at his top speed... kid is going to be near impossible to contain in that light.

I can't wait until he's wearing Rangers blue at MSG.

He's only 20. Imagine what he will be like in his mid-20's.

Old
09-28-2011, 07:25 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
That kid is going to be a bull. And the scary thing is, that when I saw him last year walking around, he looked like he could add MORE muscle in his upper body. His lower body was HUGE. His legs were literally like tree trunks.

On another note: Am I the only one who noticed York saying there were (2) Senior LWers and then Kreider.....Kreider is a LW.
Im not worried about those two taking time from Kreider this year.

Whitney and Mullane will be the other two forwards getting a ton of ice.

I believe that Kreider, Whitney, and Mullane will be the leaders up front.

Old
09-28-2011, 09:49 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post

Kreider is a Junior.

Old
09-28-2011, 10:21 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Kreider is a Junior.
Exactly. His point is that York gives precedence in accordance with seniority - so, if there are two seniors who play the same position as Kreider, is he in danger of being short-changed on ice time once again?

Personally, I don't think so. The more knowledgable posters will correct me, but if I'm not mistaken he's perhaps the best forward on the current BC squad and he's also now officially an upperclassman. My guess is that York is going to lean heavily on him.

Old
09-28-2011, 10:32 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
York's thing is more upperclassmen vs. lowerclassmen. A Senior won't necessarily be given minutes over a Junior based solely on class year.

Old
09-29-2011, 06:41 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Chris Kreider and Pat Mullane should be BC's top forwards. Kevin Hayes(Sophomore) is the top underclassmen.

Old
09-29-2011, 07:26 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Very interesting to hear about Kreider. Wow. 25 lbs is a big jump. Well cant beat me I went from 125 to 165 in a year (seriously did)

Old
09-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Did you eat a Rhinoceros?

Old
09-29-2011, 08:14 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
Very interesting to hear about Kreider. Wow. 25 lbs is a big jump. Well cant beat me I went from 125 to 165 in a year (seriously did)
Well I think that's 25 lbs since his draft year, not just since last year

And for all the talk of "man he'll be hard to contain!", he won't be that hard to contain if he can't hold onto the puck and doesn't initiate contact enough.

I don't think those are big problems for Kreider but I'm just saying, being big and fast doesn't mean anything if you are lacking in other areas

Old
09-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Did you eat a Rhinoceros?
Yes indead I have. I just ate any thing in sight, go to the gym, and drink protein shakes. I'm not stoping till i reach 180 . And as Far as Krieder I expect him to break out this year in collage.

Old
09-29-2011, 10:46 AM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
Yes indead I have. I just ate any thing in sight, go to the gym, and drink protein shakes. I'm not stoping till i reach 180 . And as Far as Krieder I expect him to break out this year in collage.
We'll have to see how crafty he is....get it?

But I agree, he's going to be the go to guy in BC.

Old
09-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Levitate

When do BC's games start?

Old
09-29-2011, 11:26 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Well I think that's 25 lbs since his draft year, not just since last year

And for all the talk of "man he'll be hard to contain!", he won't be that hard to contain if he can't hold onto the puck and doesn't initiate contact enough.

I don't think those are big problems for Kreider but I'm just saying, being big and fast doesn't mean anything if you are lacking in other areas
Agreed... He's not much of a stick handler... He's more of a take the puck wide and use his skating to go around defenders... Not going to be a guy who's going to stick handle through them very often....

Old
09-29-2011, 11:31 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
When do BC's games start?
Next Friday. October 7. BC plays in the Ice Breaker Tournament in North Dakota. BC plays Michigan State on Friday and then either North Dakota/Army in the championship or 3rd place game on Saturday.

http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/m-ho...key-sched.html

Old
09-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Agreed... He's not much of a stick handler... He's more of a take the puck wide and use his skating to go around defenders... Not going to be a guy who's going to stick handle through them very often....
True to some extent...he can make some nice moves but he seems to be more of a "make one move and go" type of player rather than "hold onto the puck and dance around" type

At any rate, I wasn't specifically criticizing Kreider, just the idea that his size and speed will make him a juggernaut no matter what

Old
09-29-2011, 12:00 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
True to some extent...he can make some nice moves but he seems to be more of a "make one move and go" type of player rather than "hold onto the puck and dance around" type

At any rate, I wasn't specifically criticizing Kreider, just the idea that his size and speed will make him a juggernaut no matter what
Jason Chimera who just re-signed with Washington is a good example of what you are talking about.

Old
09-29-2011, 12:01 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

He's strong on the puck but he keeps it pretty simple... Not going to be the type of player who is weaving the puck through defenders in high traffic.... For instance his famous Beanpot goal from 2 seasons ago, that's not going to work a lot of times and I think he even said that.... There's probably going to be an adjustment period where Chris has to figure out what types of plays will work and be effective at the professional level... Certainly some stuff that gets by in NCAA level of play is not going to fly at the professional level...

I wouldn't label this talk as a criticism of his game either, but more like an accurate description of his game... He's not an above average stick-handler from what I've seen... But he is pretty smart and knows how to use his size and frame to protect the puck, he's hard on the puck....

Old
09-29-2011, 01:25 PM
msv957

There was a quote above mentioning Kreider is 6'2 205 lbs and then he is listed on BC page at 6'3 225 lbs. So... he is probably realistically somewhere in the middle.. lol

Either way, very good size for a great skater. He needs to keep on developing and dominate college hockey.

Old
09-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
There was a quote above mentioning Kreider is 6'2 205 lbs and then he is listed on BC page at 6'3 225 lbs. So... he is probably realistically somewhere in the middle.. lol

Either way, very good size for a great skater. He needs to keep on developing and dominate college hockey.
He was drafted at 6'2 205 and is now 6'3 225.

Closed Thread