HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avery an embarrassment to the team

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2011, 02:46 PM
  #401
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,874
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
lol, there is no hidden brilliance in anything that Avery is doing on the ice. Avery apologists think they're part of the " in crowd " that "get" him.
Nothing clever in saying horrendously awful things to people to get a response and then skating away.

Something terribly hypocritical and self serving to act like you've been offended by a "slur" and crying to the media about it. But hey, that's what you tune in to see, and you can relate to the guy so...?

The fact is, he isn't as good a player as he used to be and it's reflected in his performance. He's been largely a non factor as hockey player in his second tenure here. We haven't been winning games because of anything Avery does anymore.
That's the problem, its not a fact and his production based on ice time proved that last year.

So in addition to being a royal PITA to play against, he's still averaging his customary totals when looking at the amount of ice time the guy gets.

It's ok to have an opinion, it would be nice for you to at least formulate that opinion based on tangible infromation and not just say things that are easily shredded with evidence.

pld459666 is online now  
Old
09-29-2011, 02:52 PM
  #402
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
lol, there is no hidden brilliance in anything that Avery is doing on the ice. Avery apologists think they're part of the " in crowd " that "get" him.
Nothing clever in saying horrendously awful things to people to get a response and then skating away.

Something terribly hypocritical and self serving to act like you've been offended by a "slur" and crying to the media about it. But hey, that's what you tune in to see, and you can relate to the guy so...?

The fact is, he isn't as good a player as he used to be and it's reflected in his performance. He's been largely a non factor as hockey player in his second tenure here. We haven't been winning games because of anything Avery does anymore.

Okay for the millionth time, what part of this aren't you getting...Avery didn't run to the media to throw Simmonds under the bus. The media went running to HIM because ALL of them witnessed Simmonds calling him a ****ing ****** with their own eyes.

When have we ever had an instance where Sean ran to the media and brought stuff off the ice? Never. A player being caught doing something on VIDEO is not Sean Avery running to the media.

You really need to make stuff up to try and make your opinion sound better?

I also don't see any evidence of Avery being offended by what Simmonds said, and I think it's pretty obvious to most that him saying he's "disappointed" has more to do with the fact that someone like Simmonds, who just had a banana thrown at him a few days prior, sees nothing wrong with doing what he did.

"The fact is, he isn't as good a player as he used to be and it's reflected in his performance."

Would you kindly do me a favor and read my response to chosen where I provide the facts that you and him keep referring to. Do that, go season by season, and explain and show to all of us how your above comment is correct.


Cause I've already proven with the facts, that you're wrong.

ruckus* is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 02:59 PM
  #403
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
That's the problem, its not a fact and his production based on ice time proved that last year.

So in addition to being a royal PITA to play against, he's still averaging his customary totals when looking at the amount of ice time the guy gets.

It's ok to have an opinion, it would be nice for you to at least formulate that opinion based on tangible infromation and not just say things that are easily shredded with evidence.
lol, easily shredded with evidence... funny. learn how to spell before you critique my infromation..

3g in 76g trivial secondary assists? Look at his TOI for 2011, and coincided perfectly for his role. The Coach doesn't trust him, because he's not doing anything with the time he's given. You earn your time with this coach.

NikC is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 03:06 PM
  #404
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEMAN View Post
He's an embarrassment because he picks and chooses who he goes with. When Simmonds is at the bottom of a pile he will throw a sucker punch. When Simmonds is squared up and ready to go Sean runs and hides. In a big regular season game that the NYR need to win I would say great job to get the PP. In a preseason game where your running your mouth and you decline I say you are a gutless punk. FYI Simmonds would have wiped the ice with him, that's why he declined.
LMFAO Simmons is a skinny stick, sure he might have the reach advanatge but Avery is actually quite good at fights and rarely ever do i see him lose and he has fought much much bigger guys than Simmons Lol, try youtubing to get a better idea before u make these broad statements.

satrabyk is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 03:09 PM
  #405
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Because I've had a guy or two like Avery on my Junior teams and to be perfectly frank, their antics got old pretty quick. Guys would even go as far as ask the coach not to be on the same line as them because they were sick of having to get so involved after every other whistle. We lost one guy for the season to a fractured jaw in a line brawl started by one of the clowns. Long story short, it may be entertaining to watch on TV, but sometimes these things can disrupt a team's focus and cohesiveness.

Just my .02 cents.
True but your forgetting the fact that Avery is a skilled player who can change a game and add signigicant energy. I think we see a good season for him this year and its not about points.

satrabyk is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 03:10 PM
  #406
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
You earn your time with this coach.
Then why exactly is Zuccarello going to be on this team? And what was the rationale behind scratching Eminger down the stretch to play Gilroy?

I love how you're the ultimate ruler in what and whose points are trivial.

Funny. I always thought that a puck in the net for our team counted as one goal no matter what. Who knew?

ruckus* is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 03:15 PM
  #407
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
lol, easily shredded with evidence... funny. learn how to spell before you critique my infromation..

3g in 76g trivial secondary assists? Look at his TOI for 2011, and coincided perfectly for his role. The Coach doesn't trust him, because he's not doing anything with the time he's given. You earn your time with this coach.
Well then Torts is an idiot.

in 09-10 Avery averages 13:22 minutes a game with 1:12 of that coming on the PP.

he scored 11 goals and 20 assists

Last year he played an average of 11:14 a game with .22 of that coming on the PP and scored 3 goals and 21 assists for 24 points.

Seems to me that had he gotten the same amount of run on the PP this year in comparisson to the previous year his totals (all around) would have been the same.

Your statement that he isn't as good as he used to be is torn apart.

Using the fact that Torts doesn't know how to use Sean as a basis for you get what you earn is a nice cop out.

And, seriously, picking out gramatical errors? like I could give a flying fark what you think of how I spell.

clown

pld459666 is online now  
Old
09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
  #408
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
Then why exactly is Zuccarello going to be on this team?
Because hes had a great camp, according to Torts. Zuccarello is an amazing playmaker, Avery is not even close.

Wolfy* is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 04:02 PM
  #409
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Because hes had a great camp, according to Torts. Zuccarello is an amazing playmaker, Avery is not even close.
amazing playmakers dont have to win spots

chip chipperson* is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 04:26 PM
  #410
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,925
vCash: 500
If nothing else this whole debate has been good for more than a few laughs.

eco's bones is online now  
Old
09-29-2011, 04:43 PM
  #411
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Well then Torts is an idiot.

in 09-10 Avery averages 13:22 minutes a game with 1:12 of that coming on the PP.

he scored 11 goals and 20 assists

Last year he played an average of 11:14 a game with .22 of that coming on the PP and scored 3 goals and 21 assists for 24 points.

Seems to me that had he gotten the same amount of run on the PP this year in comparisson to the previous year his totals (all around) would have been the same.

Your statement that he isn't as good as he used to be is torn apart.

Using the fact that Torts doesn't know how to use Sean as a basis for you get what you earn is a nice cop out.

And, seriously, picking out gramatical errors? like I could give a flying fark what you think of how I spell.

clown
He scored 3g on the PP during the 09-10 season. Let's say your assumption were true, that would leave him with maybe 6-7 goals... maybe.

This is far from anything I wrote being "torn apart".

The ole: "Torts doesn't know how to use Sean" line...

and I'm giving cop outs? you're a real funny guy.


It's ok to have an opinion, it would be nice for you to at least formulate that opinion based on tangible infromation and not just say things that are easily shredded with evidence.

NikC is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 04:56 PM
  #412
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
Okay for the millionth time, what part of this aren't you getting...Avery didn't run to the media to throw Simmonds under the bus. The media went running to HIM because ALL of them witnessed Simmonds calling him a ****ing ****** with their own eyes.

When have we ever had an instance where Sean ran to the media and brought stuff off the ice? Never. A player being caught doing something on VIDEO is not Sean Avery running to the media.

You really need to make stuff up to try and make your opinion sound better?

I also don't see any evidence of Avery being offended by what Simmonds said, and I think it's pretty obvious to most that him saying he's "disappointed" has more to do with the fact that someone like Simmonds, who just had a banana thrown at him a few days prior, sees nothing wrong with doing what he did.

"The fact is, he isn't as good a player as he used to be and it's reflected in his performance."

Would you kindly do me a favor and read my response to chosen where I provide the facts that you and him keep referring to. Do that, go season by season, and explain and show to all of us how your above comment is correct.


Cause I've already proven with the facts, that you're wrong.
When the media initially went to Simmonds he denied it and left it on ice. Your boy Aves couldn't do that, because he couldn't pass up the opportunity
to draw attention to himself. I never said Sean went to the media.
Honestly I couldn't care less about the comment Simmonds made, it's completely ridiculous in context. But's it's an issue because of you know who...

2009-10 11g/31p

2010-11 3g/24p

I don't need your stats. I watch the games. Oh wait I'm forgetting that Torts doesn't know how to use Avery, and that he's a PP specialist now...

NikC is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 04:58 PM
  #413
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
Then why exactly is Zuccarello going to be on this team? And what was the rationale behind scratching Eminger down the stretch to play Gilroy?

I love how you're the ultimate ruler in what and whose points are trivial.

Funny. I always thought that a puck in the net for our team counted as one goal no matter what. Who knew?
And I love how you're the boards self appointed Avery apologist!

You routinely ignore others' responses to you, cherry picking what you want to address.

NikC is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 05:51 PM
  #414
Jeds2StepOpus
Registered User
 
Jeds2StepOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
lol, there is no hidden brilliance in anything that Avery is doing on the ice. Avery apologists think they're part of the " in crowd " that "get" him.
.


Oh man, that's funny. You really have to get creative and dig down deep (with that shovel) to come up with that cr*p

Hilarious.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline  
Old
09-29-2011, 06:05 PM
  #415
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,028
vCash: 50
Awards:
Ok, we're now at the point where we're just rehashing arguments that have been made literally dozens of times. Anyone have any compelling reasons as to why we need to continue here? If so, send me a PM. Otherwise, I think we're done.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.