HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Woywitka on waivers (Blunden clears)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2011, 02:35 PM
  #76
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
If we are going with a top 9 approach on offence, Palushaj is a better option than Blunden, IMO. Palushaj puts up points and hustles back too. To me, Blunden is an upgrade over Ryan White at everything except fighting.

Weber is the 24th player if Blunden makes the team.

Gomez-Gionta-Pacioretty
Plekanec-Cole-Cammalleri
Eller-Palushaj-Kostitsyn
Desharnais-Darche-Moen
...White & Blunden spares

Gorges-Markov
Subban-Gill
Campoli-Spacek
Yemelin

Against most teams, our fourth line should get some points, as they are more talented than most 4th lines and still have size on the wings.
If we have a size matchup issue at C on the 4th line, switch DD and Eller for some games.

Campoli and Yemelin can rotate at times, and if necessary, Gill and Spacek can get nights off when we play 2 in 2. The aim should be for Yemelin to get 60 games as a rookie.
I don't understand your point about Palushaj, he should be in Hamilton because there is no room in the top 9. Blunden can play a 4th line role, Palushaj not so much.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 05:40 PM
  #77
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Send Gill down to Hamilton

Spacek - Subban
Campoli - Gorges
Yemelin - Veber

Agree with sending Gill down to Hamilton (even though I know you are being sarcastic )

Keep Henry in Montreal and alternate him with Weber. When we have an ordinary team as an opponent, Weber plays. When we have the Bruins/Senators/Leafs (tough physical teams), insert Henry and sit Weber.

After Henry scrapped with Thornton during the last preseason game, Thornton really did not do a lot of banging afterwards.

After watching Gill play this preseason, Henry's skill level is equal to if not better than Gill. Sad to say, but Gill has become a huge liability for this team.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 05:46 PM
  #78
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,392
vCash: 500
Glad we retain Henry. Tough guy... Experienced. I hope he gets a game or two again with the Habs although that would likely mean we are having more injury problems. Great guy to have in the org though. Maybe a coach some day...

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 06:03 PM
  #79
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post


After Henry scrapped with Thornton during the last preseason game, Thornton really did not do a lot of banging afterwards.
So few people acknowledge that fact, fighters don't intimidate after fights, they play hockey.

But you're dead wrong about Gill, calm down, it's just pre-season. Gill is still very valuable on the pk and in critical times.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 06:07 PM
  #80
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Agree with sending Gill down to Hamilton (even though I know you are being sarcastic )

Keep Henry in Montreal and alternate him with Weber. When we have an ordinary team as an opponent, Weber plays. When we have the Bruins/Senators/Leafs (tough physical teams), insert Henry and sit Weber.

After Henry scrapped with Thornton during the last preseason game, Thornton really did not do a lot of banging afterwards.

After watching Gill play this preseason, Henry's skill level is equal to if not better than Gill. Sad to say, but Gill has become a huge liability for this team.
Not sure where you get that Gill is a liability. He isn't the fastest guy out there but compensates with his wingspan, you obviously were not paying attention when he helped neutrealize the Krejci line for most of the Boston series. If used propertly and with a mobile partner(PK) he is a solid player that instantly improves the PK.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:19 PM
  #81
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
So few people acknowledge that fact, fighters don't intimidate after fights, they play hockey.

But you're dead wrong about Gill, calm down, it's just pre-season. Gill is still very valuable on the pk and in critical times.
I hope you are right about Gill. He has been turnover plagued so far this season.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:21 PM
  #82
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,268
vCash: 500
This is yet another example of Martin's anti-fighting ideology hurting the team.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:46 PM
  #83
AllCanadienFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpty Dumpty View Post
Glad we retain Henry. Tough guy... Experienced. I hope he gets a game or two again with the Habs although that would likely mean we are having more injury problems. Great guy to have in the org though. Maybe a coach some day...
Maybe someday down the road as a coach is the only way you may see him in Montreal. He made more than a case to be on the team last year at camp and then when the injuries hit. Never called, he's just not the type of player JM/PG are interested in. The positive side we get him in Hamilton.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:29 PM
  #84
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,272
vCash: 500
Mike Blunden on waivers

Per Renaud Lavoie

How the heck did Weber beat for a job ON THE 4TH LINE? Martin is dropping the (yes again) toughness issue to a surreal point. I don't like this at all...

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:32 PM
  #85
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Per Renaud Lavoie

How the heck did Weber beat for a job ON THE 4TH LINE? Martin is dropping the (yes again) toughness issue to a surreal point. I don't like this at all...
It's not Weber replacing Blunden, it's Moen.

If there's anyone Weber is beating out for a job, it's Palushaj.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:32 PM
  #86
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,334
vCash: 256
I'm very surprised by this, I thought he looked better than Engqvist in pre season

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:33 PM
  #87
shamrun
Registered User
 
shamrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Per Renaud Lavoie

How the heck did Weber beat for a job ON THE 4TH LINE? Martin is dropping the (yes again) toughness issue to a surreal point. I don't like this at all...
Ouch i thought he did good on the fourth line. I guess that means that moen and white are coming back soon.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:37 PM
  #88
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I'm very surprised by this, I thought he looked better than Engqvist in pre season
Everybody looked better than Engqvist. But Engqvist is a centerman. Dale Weise would have been a better Michael Blunden but clearly since the Nucks grabbed him, we weren't interested in having that kind of player.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:37 PM
  #89
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
Ouch i thought he did good on the fourth line. I guess that means that moen and white are coming back soon.
White can't even skate at this point.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:48 PM
  #90
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Oreskovich and Betts are on waivers too today. Betts would be a big upgrade to Engqvist.

And I would take Oreskovich too for his energy.

Moen - Betts - Oreskovich > Moen - Engqvist - Weber

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:52 PM
  #91
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Oreskovich and Betts are on waivers too today. Betts would be a big upgrade to Engqvist.

And I would take Oreskovich too for his energy.

Moen - Betts - Oreskovich > Moen - Engqvist - Weber
Big boys out there for sure....would look strange to see that in a Habs uniform....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:56 PM
  #92
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,649
vCash: 500
Blair Betts would be a very good fit, awesome on the PK and solid on faceoffs. Also signed to a very reasonable contract at 700k.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:56 PM
  #93
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Certainly not skilled, erased or fast enough for Jacques Martin...

That's the real 4th line that everyone is looking for. And they are on waivers so it doesn't cost anything. They can become 13th forward when White and Eller will be back.

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:57 PM
  #94
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Certainly not skilled, erased or fast enough for Jacques Martin...

That's the real 4th line that everyone is looking for. And they are on waivers so it doesn't cost anything. They can become 13th forward when White and Eller will be back.
Betts is way fast enough and certainly as skilled as the great Engqvist.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 12:58 PM
  #95
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,822
vCash: 500
when is the last time the habs picked someone off on waivers? Jay Leach? Before then Metropolit?

They dont have a record for being too active in that department, especially with the surplus of players right now.

i really dont like our 4th line at all.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 01:02 PM
  #96
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
when is the last time the habs picked someone off on waivers? Jay Leach? Before then Metropolit?

They dont have a record for being too active in that department, especially with the surplus of players right now.

i really dont like our 4th line at all.
I remember the year they claimed Steve Begin and Darren Langdon before the season. It was 2 very good moves to complete the 4th line !

Quote:
Betts is way fast enough and certainly as skilled as the great Engqvist.
I know, I was sarcastic. JM see something in players that he is alone to see...

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 01:05 PM
  #97
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Everybody looked better than Engqvist.
True that.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 01:05 PM
  #98
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
I remember the year they claimed Steve Begin and Darren Langdon before the season. It was 2 very good moves to complete the 4th line !



I know, I was sarcastic. JM see something in players that he is alone to see...
The Bégin and Langdon pick-ups changed the whole dynamic of that team. Langdon was an amazing 4th line fighter, as soon as things started getting out of hand, he did his job and cooled things down.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 01:15 PM
  #99
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I know.

But these three would not be worse than Weber, Woywitka or Engqvist.
Thats not serious right ? I am sure you know your hockey more than that.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 01:17 PM
  #100
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Betts is way fast enough and certainly as skilled as the great Engqvist.
Wow, i rarely say this but if Betts falls to them, they have to pick him up. He's a prototypical 4th line center. He's big, fast, kills penalties and is decent on faceoffs. This is a no-brainer.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.