HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN: Habs will win east.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2011, 08:20 PM
  #1
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
TSN: Habs will win east.

I was just watching the second intermission of the tampa game on TSN, and James Duthie has the habs penciled in at 5th, also adding that he thinks the habs are going to do very well this year. He also said that one of the member's of the TSN panel has the habs winning the east this year, but we wouldn't find out until the season preview show.
What do you guys think? Pierre Mguire?

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:21 PM
  #2
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
I was just watching the second intermission of the tampa game on TSN, and James Duthie has the habs penciled in at 5th, also adding that he thinks the habs are going to do very well this year. He also said that one of the member's of the TSN panel has the habs winning the east this year, but we wouldn't find out until the season preview show.
What do you guys think? Pierre Mguire?
McGuire is gone.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:23 PM
  #3
11Goat11
Inside her
 
11Goat11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,777
vCash: 500
Is Button on the panel? Cause it's probably him.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:23 PM
  #4
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
he moved, yes, but he's still going to be part of the tsn team.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:23 PM
  #5
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Well he didn't have read the GDT. because everyone suck.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:24 PM
  #6
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Goat11 View Post
Is Button on the panel? Cause it's probably him.
o yahh. he's always pumping the habs tires. your probly right.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:25 PM
  #7
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,273
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
No way we out compete the big 3 (Pitts, Wash, Boston) and we're flirt with Buffalo, Philadelphia and Tampa for the spots behind the big 3.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:28 PM
  #8
RI.B FAN
Registered User
 
RI.B FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: JAMESTOWN RI
Posts: 1,152
vCash: 500
Your team always finds a way to compete and play hard in the playoffs. I expect nothing less. Looking forward to first Montreal Boston game!

RI.B FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:29 PM
  #9
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,536
vCash: 500
whoever it was on tsn that said the habs will win the east is delusional. That being said i still like our team and would be very dissapointed if we don't make the playoffs

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:39 PM
  #10
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,449
vCash: 500
Yep probably Button.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:47 PM
  #11
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
No way we out compete the big 3 (Pitts, Wash, Boston) and we're flirt with Buffalo, Philadelphia and Tampa for the spots behind the big 3.
If anything both the Cheesepuffs and the Habs can find themselves anywhere between 4 and 8. (Heaven forbid we play the Philadelphia Cheesepuffs in the playoffs, much less in a 4 vs. 5 matchup, even though my own predictions could place these two teams playing each other in the first round of the playoffs)

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:51 PM
  #12
Cujomi
YNWA
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,802
vCash: 500
Montreal will be fighting with Toronto, New Jersey, Carolina and Ottawa for that 8th playoff spot.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:59 PM
  #13
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 500
How about winning 2 pre-season games first.

*sarcasm*


Last edited by Born in 1909: 09-29-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:03 PM
  #14
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
..But can we fight?

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:06 PM
  #15
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
..But can we fight?
hahaha. classic

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:07 PM
  #16
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Montreal will be fighting with Toronto, New Jersey, Carolina and Ottawa for that 8th playoff spot.
Really, Ottawa...aren't a lot of the "experts" saying the Sens could be competing for the 1st overall pick this Spring???

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:14 PM
  #17
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
How about winning 2 pre-season games first.
Chill out.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:24 PM
  #18
Cujomi
YNWA
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Really, Ottawa...aren't a lot of the "experts" saying the Sens could be competing for the 1st overall pick this Spring???
Ottawa will surprise this year. Their roster is stronger than most people think and they shouldn't have even been a lottery team last year. They're definitely a longshot to make the playoffs, but they'll be in the 11th to 8th range in the East.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:31 PM
  #19
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 15,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Ottawa will surprise this year. Their roster is stronger than most people think and they shouldn't have even been a lottery team last year. They're definitely a longshot to make the playoffs, but they'll be in the 11th to 8th range in the East.
I agree

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:38 PM
  #20
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Ottawa will surprise this year. Their roster is stronger than most people think and they shouldn't have even been a lottery team last year. They're definitely a longshot to make the playoffs, but they'll be in the 11th to 8th range in the East.
There is a lot of talent there for sure, there is no reason they can't compete.

But, Montreal as a healthy team. There is no reason they can't be 5th -6th minimum in the East.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:41 PM
  #21
Cujomi
YNWA
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
There is a lot of talent there for sure, there is no reason they can't compete.

But, Montreal as a healthy team. There is no reason they can't be 5th -6th minimum in the East.
I think Montreal has been playing a bit above their heads for a while in part thanks to Martin as a coach (he's awesome.) They have a really good system going though and one of the best young goalies in the league. They're impossible to count out, but I just think that Washington, Pittsburgh, Philly, Tampa, Boston, Buffalo and the Rangers have better teams and should be a lock for the 7 top spots in the East. I think Montreal probably has the best chance of the middling-bottom teams to take the 8th spot...but I don't think they're a lock.

Anyway, just wanted to give my two cents. Good luck on the season.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:47 PM
  #22
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
No way we out compete the big 3 (Pitts, Wash, Boston) and we're flirt with Buffalo, Philadelphia and Tampa for the spots behind the big 3.
Boston's not one of the best 3 teams of the conference, and will be a dogfight with Buffalo and Montreal for the division crown (and if they don't get great goaltending would be the underdog). Philly just tore themselves up. Tampa may belong in the "big 3".

I wouldn't bet on Montreal winning the East. But I see them as (very slight) favorites to win the division. 5th is a perfectly reasonable prediction; the NE will go 3-5-6 I think, because Washington and Pittsburgh are going to go 1-2, and Tampa 4th.

Of course, these are hockey predictions, so they have a confidence interval of +/- 10 standing points

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:59 PM
  #23
Aeneas
Registered User
 
Aeneas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
I think Montreal has been playing a bit above their heads for a while in part thanks to Martin as a coach (he's awesome.) They have a really good system going though and one of the best young goalies in the league. They're impossible to count out, but I just think that Washington, Pittsburgh, Philly, Tampa, Boston, Buffalo and the Rangers have better teams and should be a lock for the 7 top spots in the East. I think Montreal probably has the best chance of the middling-bottom teams to take the 8th spot...but I don't think they're a lock.

Anyway, just wanted to give my two cents. Good luck on the season.
I politely disagree, we can compete with those teams without a doubt.

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:10 PM
  #24
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best
 
Aspirine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 500
This is pretty delusional. I like my Habs, but it's a long way til game #82.

OT: Why post this on the main board?! Everyone gets a free pass at bashing the Habs... Yeah, we sure need more of that!

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:52 PM
  #25
AcadiaAxeMan
Registered User
 
AcadiaAxeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
Ott in the mix ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Montreal will be fighting with Toronto, New Jersey, Carolina and Ottawa for that 8th playoff spot.
......don't have the time to add more ......Ott can't live on Alfie's heart! They are longshots to even be competitive, yet playoff bound!!

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.