HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

*crickets* -_______-

Old
09-29-2011, 09:28 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
It was Desharnais' first preseason game so a little rust is to be expected.
Wasn't it his 2nd?

Pretty sure he played one and got injured in that game.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Aeneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
People that recite these stats every year, it's getting old. I like how Stamkos said the pre season is about building good habits, working hard etc. Its important to hit game 1 running, not fumbling.

Although its not panic time, the team doesn't look very good.
i agree, but id also rather face adversity early in the year rather than get easy pre season wins, instead of a middle of the season slump when its for points, not saying this will only be Habs poor stretch, or even that they'd get better from it ( i hope though ) but id much rather have problems in pre-season, and as much as the players know its just pre-season, there competitors and this is their job. So we can hope it serves as a warning to stay focused and humble throughout the season

Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Can we have Nail Yakupov?
With the kind of luck this team has had we'd be the first team to somehow lose the draft lottery so bad and fall from 1st to 5th.

My heart skipped several beats when Gorges bent over his knee

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Campoli played extremely well btw.

I think Bournival is ready to be honest.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:32 PM
NBP81

L'Antichambre's crew... I mean WTF? They've all been in the NHL at some point and all panic! and i mean all out PANIC at a pre-season game... Get a fkn grip ffs...lol!

NBP81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:34 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBP81 View Post
L'Antichambre's crew... I mean WTF? They've all been in the NHL at some point and all panic! and i mean all out PANIC at a pre-season game... Get a fkn grip ffs...lol!
How else are they going to attract viewers? No one wants to hear that the team is okay after every loss.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Rutabaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
He was ready in the 1st. Strangely, wasn't ready in the 2nd and 3rd. Sorry but for me, that's BS. Is AKost ready? Is Emelin ready? Is Diaz ready? I can name you 10 guys right now that doesn't seem NHL ready....Is Creampuff Engqvist ready?

So Gallagher will go back in Vancouver expecting to score 100 goals in 50 games. How's that going to mature his game? Maybe a Team Canada performance would? Let's hope he gets pick 'cause that's not a gimme, though with the numerous guys that will stick in the NHL, he has more chance to do so. Yet, it's still not a gimme.

I can tell you that Gallagher would be ready for a lot of teams. So it's not about Gallagher not being ready. It's about us having to play our "contracts". But I'm just frustrated to see how we're expecting our rookies and young players to be mistake free while most if not ALL our vets aren't.....Reason why we lost a few guys in the past years that finally ended up playing well while they have the confidence they needed.
Considering how we dealt with our best prospects recently, it would be a mistake to promote a guy as young as he is into the NHL only after the pre-season games, even if they're good. A guy like him and a vet dont deal with pre-season games in the same way, obviously...

I know that every teams has injuries during the season (or even during the pre-season...), etc, but honestly, we already have seven top-6 wingers, we also have two young players still looking to progress in Eller and Desharnais. Pacioretty is not that proven, too.

Its quite risky to add an other one in Gallagher. You need balance in the lineup, and for him, we know its not really the best way to learn to play 8 mins per game in a 4th line. On a 3rd line, well, ok, i can see the point, but thats not likely to happen.

Promoting a guy too early is more likely to hurt him rather than be a positive move, by the way. I think you know that, even if he might, yes, i know, bring something.

And i feel that its rather an indication that the team is competitive enough, by the fact that they let a player that Martin can be interested enough into (he try him against 1st line competition in a pre-season game), back in junior hockey.

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:36 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
They act this way to get you to watch, it is all about ratings.

If they were all coaching would they be calling the GM and saying we are screwed?

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:40 PM
SpezNc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
He was ready in the 1st. Strangely, wasn't ready in the 2nd and 3rd. Sorry but for me, that's BS. Is AKost ready? Is Emelin ready? Is Diaz ready? I can name you 10 guys right now that doesn't seem NHL ready....Is Creampuff Engqvist ready?

So Gallagher will go back in Vancouver expecting to score 100 goals in 50 games. How's that going to mature his game? Maybe a Team Canada performance would? Let's hope he gets pick 'cause that's not a gimme, though with the numerous guys that will stick in the NHL, he has more chance to do so. Yet, it's still not a gimme.

I can tell you that Gallagher would be ready for a lot of teams. So it's not about Gallagher not being ready. It's about us having to play our "contracts". But I'm just frustrated to see how we're expecting our rookies and young players to be mistake free while most if not ALL our vets aren't.....Reason why we lost a few guys in the past years that finally ended up playing well while they have the confidence they needed.

Very true.

The line AK-DD-BG was just not a good fit. In the first he was alright with Gomez and M.Pacioretty

Kostitsyn was awful again and he is penciled as an NHLer.

SpezNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:41 PM
NBP81

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
They act this way to get you to watch, it is all about ratings.

If they were all coaching would they be calling the GM and saying we are screwed?
You know... I really dont think so. Berg and Tremblay dont seem likes guys you can coach to spew anything you want them to say, I mean, Im not even sure they can successfully explain what the hell they're thinking in their own head... I think they're just stupid IMO... whats really scary is that they actually coached at the NHL level...

Old
09-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Gary320

Quote:
You know... I really dont think so. Berg and Tremblay dont seem likes guys you can coach to spew anything you want them to say, I mean, Im not even sure they can successfully explain what the hell they're thinking in their own head... I think they're just stupid IMO... whats really scary is that they actually coached at the NHL level...
No matter how bad those two are. Atleast they don't make up stories like Jean Perron.

Honestly Perron takes credit for bringing Roy to the Canadiens.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

crickets

love it.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:52 PM

Can we bring back Kirk Mulder please?

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:52 PM
NBP81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
No matter how bad those two are. Atleast they don't make up stories like Jean Perron.

Honestly Perron takes credit for bringing Roy to the Canadiens.
Jean Perron invented the therm ''FML'' IMO...

Old
09-29-2011, 09:56 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
You know that year that Halak carried us to the final 4? Price was awefull that year. Last year Price outplayed Halak. Who is to say Halak doesn't outplay Price this season?

You know the most recent season is not necessarily the key indicator of an entire career. 1 season doesn't make a career. Halak to this day has had more playoff success that Price. Carey may win the Vezina this yea, he may not. Gauthier would have likely done well picking either of Price or Halak. Halak is no ******, he may have played very well as a Hab last year.
Both are great technically, both are strong between the ears, the main difference to me remain the size, durability as well as puck control around the net where Price certainly has the edge.. Price is obviously the most complete package and proved he could handle the no.1 goaltender spot over a full season without being pushed by another goaltender.. Halak was great under pressure with the Habs, thats why I think he is pretty solid mentally but we dont know how consistent he could have been with the Habs over a full season, playing 72 games with an average backup behind of him..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:13 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
desharnais' line is thrown against stamkos' line with predictable result.

where's the gomez haters that said that desharnais could replace gomez on the second line now?

*crickets*
Same place gomez was on that 5th goal. DD would have gotten in the way, gomez can't even fill the role of a corpse.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Same place gomez was on that 5th goal. DD would have gotten in the way, gomez can't even fill the role of a corpse.
Which 5th goal ?

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:26 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Which 5th goal ?
The one before the sixth.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:27 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Which 5th goal ?
4th goal I mean

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Campoli will put up 40 pts for us this year. Has great offensive instincts. A little smallish and this will hurt our d. We are missing a top four defenseman with Markov out. Its so obvious! Also Budaj really needs to get coached and fast. He looks "leaky" (Pierre McGuire)

Yemelin seems like he has all the tools, but no tool box.

Desharnais looked lost out there in the defensive zone. We need Eller, White and Darche pretty badly.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

You dont want to over-analyze a pre season game but given that the habs were 1-5, and with the pre season winding down and having an almost complete lineup, I think we should take a few points away from this game.

First of all, there's alot of uncharacteristic defensive zone turnovers. Pre season or not, JM wont be pleased about that. You are getting to the point where the team should be close to form. The defense does look a little confused back there, not that the forwards have been helping too much. Budaj needs to be better as well... I dont know if he has a light swtich where he can just turn it on, but if he remains like this, he's no better than auld, and I've been skeptical about this signing from the very beginning.

Offensively, I'm not too worried. The team is creating chances, and on a regular day, they would have at least 3 goals tonight.

At this point, I wouldnt say I'm jumping off the bridge, but from a team defense point of view, my eyebrows are getting raised a little bit.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Oleg Petrov

Here's what we know:

Forwards will be a nice group with TONNES of skill, chemistry will come, nothing to worry about.

Price will be Price; not worried. Budaj will settle down and will be at least as good as Auld.

Our D is in trouble....Subban, Gorges and Gill will be fine. But after that we got 5 guys (Spacek, (Y)Emelin, Weber, Campoli, Diaz) which none right now are better than a #5 d-man. I believe/hope Yemelin & Campoli will work out, but it may take time. But that's my concern, in today's NHL you can't drop 4 of 5 or 8 of 10 out of the gate.

I think we put a lot of stock/hope in Yemelin coming over and making an immediate impact, I think we all see that was not calculated properly.

Oh and Markov's injury has royally screwed this group.

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:45 PM
HCH

Oh man... it is going to be a long season on these boards.

I wish the team would have showed better this pre-season. I don't know if it was injuries, the length of time it took to pair down to a reasonable number of players or what but the whole team seemed out of synch. Hopefully they just need some playing time together.

There were blown defensive coverages, the inability to set up a screen in front of Roloson and just some tentative play all around.

The debates here are going to be off the charts if this team stumbles through the first couple of months of the season. There will be a witch hunt for scapegoats and everyone here will have someone to blame. It's already happening and we haven't even iced a full NHL team yet.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I think we should deal Kostitsyn for a defenseman.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Yemelin looks solid. Gill is awful. Gorges is a beast. Diaz needs to get sent down, Weber is better defensively than him. Campoli was good for his first game since last year. Subban is Subban.
I mostly agree. Gill shold be playing senior hockey somewhere. Diaz needs to learn how to defend an opposing forward one-on-one. Campoli was decent. Subban played the way he did at the start of last season, not the way he finished. Yemelin did OK but I expected still more. Budaj performed well during the 3rd period power play but was otherwise unimpressive. He failed to face shooters squarely. I didn't see anything that would make me prefer him to Auld. Gallagher started well but pooped out. To my surprise, Pacioretty didn't have a good game. Except for a few hits, neither did KJostitsyn. I was svcared when Gorges got his legs tangled up but I was relieved that he came back.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote