HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers-Panthers 10/17 on OLN

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
You guys will be able to watch the replay, I think.
Well thank god for that! I love OLN/NHL/Cablevision again!

Old
10-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Cablevision and Concast have an existing contract to provide the Cablevision subs with OLN programming.The NHL is allowing Concast to blackout the games.In the NHL agreement with OLN,Concast has the right to blackout games on an extra pay tier on a going forward basis when the agreement between the cable company and program provider has expired and terms of a new deal are being discussed.Concast broke their agreement to provide Cablevision with OLN programming
When someone breaks a contract in this country, somebody else sues them. That hasn't happened, so I have to conclude that there is no breach and that what has happened is legal. If that's the case, Cablevision customers better hope that Spitzer is a hockey fan, cause it won't get settled this year without outside intervention.

Old
10-17-2005, 05:04 PM
jratelle19

Quote:
i knew i spelled it wrong? i'm an idiot!
LOL! Aw c'mon, Sickboy! I was only joking! Don't be so hard on yourself! We all mispell a word now and then. It's just that when I read the word 'fisable', I couldn't help but think of Alka-Seltzer! LOL

Old
10-17-2005, 05:10 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
When someone breaks a contract in this country, somebody else sues them.
Especially when that someone is Cablevision.

Can anyone confirm/deny that there will be a replay on MSG tonight?

Old
10-17-2005, 05:23 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

The replay is on OLN at 11:00 P.M. but the question is if the replay is blacked out as well as the live coverage???

This is bull ****, we shouldn't have to be going through this.

Old
10-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERDIEHARD
The replay is on OLN at 11:00 P.M. but the question is if the replay is blacked out as well as the live coverage???

This is bull ****, we shouldn't have to be going through this.
Thank You Fans

Old
10-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Last week both the live game and the reply were blocked so i think we are all screwed. F'ing can't believe 2005 and a game isn't on TV thanks OLN you Suck

Old
10-17-2005, 07:52 PM
ctfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
You guys will be able to watch the replay, I think.
Sather, are you getting the game in Stratford on Direct TV? It's blacked out on Dish here in Shelton.

Old
10-17-2005, 09:05 PM
gdflynn1*

Response from cablevision

Thought you all would like the language they chose on this one. Sounds like the official "canned", "its all OLN's fault propaganda to me (me , personally, i love the use of the word "anti-consumer":

--------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your e-mail; I will be happy to address your inquiry. Cablevision carries two regional sports networks, MSG Network and FSN New York that are home to our three local hockey teams and feature hundreds of games. We also have every intention of delivering the games that will appear on OLN to our customers as well.

Tonightís game is being broadcast on OLN however OLN continues to deny itís NHL programming to Cablevision customers. We are very disappointed by this action. We strongly believe our customers who receive OLN are entitled to receive all of the programming that appears on the network, including hockey. We are assessing our options in light of this anti-consumer action by OLN and we will keep our customers informed.

--------------------------------------------------

Old
10-18-2005, 05:00 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
All the more shameful, then, that the NHL continued to abdicate its responsibility and contractual right to direct the Outdoor Life Network not to black out Cablevision subscribers on exclusive telecasts. Shame on the league for depriving Rangers fans who have scratched a seven-year itch until it bleeds of the ability to watch last night's match
http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/53652.htm

If Bettman wanted to end this nonsense,he could by telling Concast to stop blacking out the games but would require Bettman to have balls which he doesn't have

Old
10-18-2005, 05:51 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

NHL Enterprises LP
1251 Avenue Of The Americas
New York, NY 10020
212-789-2000

Old
10-18-2005, 06:00 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
When someone breaks a contract in this country, somebody else sues them. That hasn't happened, so I have to conclude that there is no breach and that what has happened is legal. If that's the case, Cablevision customers better hope that Spitzer is a hockey fan, cause it won't get settled this year without outside intervention.
The NHL has given Comcast the green light to black out the games.The NHL has the right to approve the telecast of any game over any cable system.They have final say.Cablevision isn't going to sue because that would mean suing the NHL because the NHL is responsible

Once again

Quote:
According to sources with access to the contract between OLN and the NHL, the specific language granting the right to black out games that do not appear on basic extended cable applies only "on a going-forward basis."

This is terminology in the cable business legally understood to mean any future agreements that might be struck between OLN and new cable system carriers.

Beyond that, the contract explicitly gives the NHL the right to approve the telecast of any game over any cable system.

That's regardless of whether the game would or would not appear on a subscription sports tier package.

"Unless the NHL otherwise approves, rights to exhibit OLN games . . . may not be granted on a going-forward basis by OLN/Comcast to any . . . distributor [that carries the games] . . . on a sports-tier . . ." the contract reads
http://www.nypost.com/sports/27446.htm

Closed Thread