HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Voynov

Old
09-30-2011, 12:07 AM
Fulcrum

vCash: 500
From Voynov's interview on September 15th...

How do you see the upcoming season? Are you going to make the Kings, get traded or spend the whole season in the AHL?

-To sit in the AHL, certainly doesn't fall into my plans, but I don't know how it's going to be. Maybe, ofcourse, I'll try to make the team. If it doesn't happen, then we agreed with GM, that I will give them 2 weeks to trade me. In the worst case, I'll have to start thinking of something else. But I don't want to think about it right now. Right now my goal - make the Los Angeles. Everything else is secondary.

– Каким вам видится грядущий сезон? Вы все-таки пробьетесь в основу «Кингс», вас обменяют или же вновь проведете весь сезон в АХЛ?

– Просидеть весь сезон в АХЛ точно не входит в мои планы, но как будет, я не знаю. Можно, конечно, попробовать закрепиться в основе. Если этого не произойдет, то мы договорились с генеральным менеджером клуба, чтобы я дал им две недели на то, чтобы меня обменять. В противном случае надо будет задумываться уже о чем-то другом. Но я пока не хочу об этом думать. Сейчас моя задача – попасть в «Лос-Анджелес». Все остальное второстепенно.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:12 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Or he could go to the KHL and we keep his rights

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Or he could go to the KHL and we keep his rights
Ye, I think it's assumed that the 2 weeks are the warning for the club of his intention to return to KHL. Also, in that interview, he talks about the recent negotiations with his team "Traktor" (Kuznetsov) and the strong mutual interest. They have a good competative team this year, possible aiming for the cup. As a KHL fan, I'm not going to lie, I would love him to return to Russia. But I would love to see him make the Kings too.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:22 AM
Monarchist

VV is too good. Don't want to lose him to Russia. We just find one GM willing to overpay for Scuds or to pay for Martinez according to how good we know he is, and trade one of them.

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:23 AM
Ollie Weeks

I wouldn't mind him and Martinez splitting time as the #6, whoever wins can have it for the long haul.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:24 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Ye, I think it's assumed that the 2 weeks are the warning for the club of his intention to return to KHL. Also, in that interview, he talks about the recent negotiations with his team "Traktor" (Kuznetsov) and the strong mutual interest. They have a good competative team this year, possible aiming for the cup. As a KHL fan, I'm not going to lie, I would love him to return to Russia. But I would love to see him make the Kings too.
Agreed, I am one of his biggest fans too. I would much rather him go to the KHL than us trading him. I think he's gonna be a player in this league and hopefully that's with a Kings jersey.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:24 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
I wouldn't mind him and Martinez splitting time as the #6, whoever wins can have it for the long haul.
That's exactly what I think will happen, perhaps not an even split but that's okay. This team isn't going to make the blunder of letting him go overseas when he's shown that he's good enough for the NHL.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:25 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
From Voynov's interview on September 15th...

How do you see the upcoming season? Are you going to make the Kings, get traded or spend the whole season in the AHL?

-To sit in the AHL, certainly doesn't fall into my plans, but I don't know how it's going to be. Maybe, ofcourse, I'll try to make the team. If it doesn't happen, then we agreed with GM, that I will give them 2 weeks to trade me. In the worst case, I'll have to start thinking of something else. But I don't want to think about it right now. Right now my goal - make the Los Angeles. Everything else is secondary.

– Каким вам видится грядущий сезон? Вы все-таки пробьетесь в основу «Кингс», вас обменяют или же вновь проведете весь сезон в АХЛ?

– Просидеть весь сезон в АХЛ точно не входит в мои планы, но как будет, я не знаю. Можно, конечно, попробовать закрепиться в основе. Если этого не произойдет, то мы договорились с генеральным менеджером клуба, чтобы я дал им две недели на то, чтобы меня обменять. В противном случае надо будет задумываться уже о чем-то другом. Но я пока не хочу об этом думать. Сейчас моя задача – попасть в «Лос-Анджелес». Все остальное второстепенно.
Exactly my point. Voynov has done absolutely everything they have asked of him and has now proven himself in the preseason. I don't see any way that he goes back to Manchester. If he doesn't make the team, I expect him to either be traded or for him to head back to Russia. I would be absolutely shocked if he found his way back in Manchester, and I would declare Lombardi the most convincing GM in the NHL.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:26 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
VV is too good. Don't want to lose him to Russia. We just find one GM willing to overpay for Scuds or to pay for Martinez according to how good we know he is, and trade one of them.
Whoa now! Scuds is far too important to be the sacrificial lamb of what we think Voynov might be.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:30 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Whoa now! Scuds is far too important to be the sacrificial lamb of what we think Voynov might be.
Yeah! That's Greene's job!

-queue in the flaming-

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:31 AM
bcking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Exactly my point. Voynov has done absolutely everything they have asked of him and has now proven himself in the preseason. I don't see any way that he goes back to Manchester. If he doesn't make the team, I expect him to either be traded or for him to head back to Russia. I would be absolutely shocked if he found his way back in Manchester, and I would declare Lombardi the most convincing GM in the NHL.
If we want to be competing for the cup long term we gotta start getting some of these youngsters into the lineup while there in there entry level contracts and are able to produce.......we can't just keep developing young talent and then dealing them away. I will be pissed if this kid doesn't make it over someone like Davis ****ing Drewiske.

bcking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:32 AM
bobafettish*

voynov plays 1 year in the khl. comes back next year when WM is gone.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:47 AM
kingdoughty

If he doesn't then he deserves to be traded to an NHL team that will use him...he's way too good to not be in the NHL

And who would want this kid in the AHL or Russia anyway just so we could hold onto him? thats just selfish this kid deserves to play

kingdoughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

he will make the team as the #7. Id pretty much guarantee it, since when Mitchells contract expires, one of A-Mart/Voynov are going to have to move into the top 4, so you want them both getting games in this year, Hickey then becomes the #7 next year, and they repeat the process for Scuderi's contract expiring, and finally they do with with Greenes

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:06 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
And who take Scuds shutdown defense roll, certainly not Voynov.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Face Wash

Short of injury (God forbid) Voynov is Manch-bound. Also, remember all you "lets trade for Parise" deal makers out there...the guy has a $6M cap hit now and is a UFA next season. The Kings have less than $2.5M of space and will need it for injury/deadline deal. Like Brooklyn Dodgers fans used to say...wait 'til next year.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 03:30 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Short of injury (God forbid) Voynov is Manch-bound. Also, remember all you "lets trade for Parise" deal makers out there...the guy has a $6M cap hit now and is a UFA next season. The Kings have less than $2.5M of space and will need it for injury/deadline deal. Like Brooklyn Dodgers fans used to say...wait 'til next year.
If Parise comes (and I think that's less than a 1% chance but who knows, not I for sure) then Stoll has to be sent to NJD or another team in a 3 way.

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 03:38 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
If Parise comes (and I think that's less than a 1% chance but who knows, not I for sure) then Stoll has to be sent to NJD or another team in a 3 way.

- R
Even then... the cap space left plus Stoll + Voynov leaves the Kings with next to no cap space for a deadline deal or any short term injury replacement (even from their own system).

Dealing Stoll wouldn't be smart IMO anyway. He might be one of the league's best 3rd line centers and he's so versatile as far as playing in all situations.

Old
09-30-2011, 03:49 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Even then... the cap space left plus Stoll + Voynov leaves the Kings with next to no cap space for a deadline deal or any short term injury replacement (even from their own system).

Dealing Stoll wouldn't be smart IMO anyway. He might be one of the league's best 3rd line centers and he's so versatile as far as playing in all situations.
Yeah for sure, but I'm also assuming it's an automatic that they'll want Jon Quick/Bernier going the other way too, which will be at least a mil to 1.8 mil, as well. Probably even at that point, we're over the cap. Possibly Penner would have to be in the deal too and then a pick/prospects coming back our way.

But seriously if there was an even reasonable chance of this trade going down, I doubt DL signs Gagne.

- R

Old
09-30-2011, 03:53 AM
Primakov!

Quote:

Something to consider is that the Kings also have Mike Richards now that can bring that same versatile, play in all situation style from the #2 center position, which makes Stoll more of a luxury item.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 04:00 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
Something to consider is that the Kings also have Mike Richards now that can bring that same versatile, play in all situation style from the #2 center position, which makes Stoll more of a luxury item.
Don't disagree... I think people have forgotten that the Kings got better defensively this off season as well as offensively. Gagne and Richards both played on the PK regularly in their careers and guys like Moreau and Hunter are responsible defensively.

Thing is, when you need a face off win, Stoll's your guy. You might think of that as a luxury, but I assure you most coaches don't and his prowess in shootouts can't be overlooked either.

Old
09-30-2011, 04:14 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Don't disagree... I think people have forgotten that the Kings got better defensively this off season as well as offensively. Gagne and Richards both played on the PK regularly in their careers and guys like Moreau and Hunter are responsible defensively.

Thing is, when you need a face off win, Stoll's your guy. You might think of that as a luxury, but I assure you most coaches don't and his prowess in shootouts can't be overlooked either.
I definitely don't think of that as a luxury, the faceoff wins, especially not in the playoffs.

- R

Old
09-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Kingler

Voynov is the one positive thing that came out of Doughty holdout. He really got tons of ice-time in all game situation to showcase himself. Granted, 1 to 6 we are pretty much penciled in, but Voynov really had nothing else to prove in the AHL and he had done everything that the organization had asked of him

So to me he stays as 7th dman until we can figure out what to do with him. You don't want to trade him bc he's going to be a very good NHL player

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 09:16 AM
kings11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Yeah for sure, but I'm also assuming it's an automatic that they'll want Jon Quick/Bernier going the other way too, which will be at least a mil to 1.8 mil, as well. Probably even at that point, we're over the cap. Possibly Penner would have to be in the deal too and then a pick/prospects coming back our way.

But seriously if there was an even reasonable chance of this trade going down, I doubt DL signs Gagne.

- R
Well a deal of Quick, stoll, and penner might get it done in a 3 way trade.Next year Willie comes off the books and T.Lewis, Loki, Hickey and toffoli should all be ready to take the next step....Lewis better than parse and Loki better than stoll right now...

kings11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Tadite

Going to the KHL's one diffecult choice. If that interviews correct then it's his plan if he doesn't make the team. Thing is he has to be now the first call up in case of a injury. So what would you do? Leave for Russia and let Muzzin/Hickey take that spot or roll the dice and hope for a call up.

I hope he doesn't burn any bridges or better yet just makes the team...

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote