HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RNH and Hall make for some magic. Edmonton beats Phoenix 3-2

Old
09-29-2011, 06:03 PM
alanschu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Ya... it's not just raw physical (getting bigger and bulkier) development I'm talking about... it's that experience and maturation level where they get more aware and "street smart" on the ice.
I don't know if he is going to gain any additional mental awareness playing in Juniors. The guy already seems to think the game very, very well, and I think the biggest reason to send him down to the Juniors would be if he has any physical deficiencies (i.e. shot power, physical skills like stickhandling, shooting, passing, or physical strength) since being able to work on that is pretty independent on where you are playing.

I don't think there will be much of an advantage from a mental street smart perspective while still in juniors.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 06:46 PM
the word*

The kid's NHL ready. Hes only going to develop to his full potential against 'NHL caliber players'. This next season, as an 18 year old, will be crucial to his long term development.

I hope he plays in the NHL because that is what will be best for him this season, and long term... I will wait 'till his 9 game tryout stint is over to make my own personal opinion final but as of now I think it wont be beneficial to him, in the least, to go back to junior.

The only plus I can see about RNH returning to the WHL is guaranteed action in the WJC's. He still can do that if he's playing in the NHL, however.

His development would actually stall if sent back to junior and no matter what anyone says, there will be 'dejection' and the 'humiliation factor' of a first overall pick not making the cut.

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 06:56 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

Maybe subliminally I'm just being overly cautious because I want another lottery pick and with RNH in the lineup there is no way we'll get one.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Pennertration

No point in really having the "should RNH stay up?" discussion until the kid nears the end of his 9-game stint.

Preseason = premature

Pennertration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:17 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennertration View Post
No point in really having the "should RNH stay up?" discussion until the kid nears the end of his 9-game stint.

Preseason = premature
Ya... good luck with keeping all of us quiet about that topic until then. What else should we discuss...

Smyth vs Jones... who has the best flow?
Speaking of Ryan's... are we nearing the record for most ever in an NHL organization at one time?

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:13 AM
smokes lets go

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Ya... good luck with keeping all of us quiet about that topic until then. What else should we discuss...

Smyth vs Jones... who has the best flow?
Speaking of Ryan's... are we nearing the record for most ever in an NHL organization at one time?
add Hall to that mix

smokes lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:45 AM
AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
That's it close all threads, no more comments about players, lines, the team, the trainer, the teams pet goat. We have to let them do their job unencumbered.

The way you let the MacT's and Danny Maciocias to stick around well well past their due date is by 'Letting coaches coach' unquestioned.
Laugh, sacking Mact has really worked out for us.

As for football, maybe they should have hired a manager.

As for anyone around here running the Oiler bench, I think I'll stick with the current coaching staff.

AM is offline   Reply With Quote