HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Redskins Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2011, 04:20 PM
EroCaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appreci8 View Post
Just to be clear. D-Hall sucks in coverage. Yet Haslett ran the risk to leave him man-to-man with a very good receiver on a 3rd and looooong, with no help.

I just don't get 1) why you run the same play three times and 2) not go into coverage

Regardless, the Skins missed opportunities and we had brutal Rex today.
You're right about the blitz being a questionable call but Hall has been terrible all season giving huge cushions and was beaten all night.

3rd and 21 lost it for them.

Still, I'm not expecting them to win a Super Bowl so a close loss like that on the road is a sign of improvement. At least they didn't get blown out like the Ravens or choke like the Patriots.

Perspective.

Old
09-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Capsman

The Cowboys were not a "seriously weakened team", let's get that straight. Miles Austin was their only key guy missing. If people want to include the bumps and bruises of other players, that works both ways. We were missing Orakpo for much of the second half. Imagine taking Ware out of a game, see how that changes things. And yes, Armstrong may be no stud but he stretches the defense and is an asset.

I'm actually optimistic about this team. I think they are headed in the right direction and are a good draft away from being a solid playoff contender. QB, middle linebacker, and defensive lineman. FA guard possibly. Who knows, Jarvis Jenkins could be the defensive lineman to finally get some push up the middle.

Old
09-27-2011, 06:37 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
The 'boys were starting a 3rd string LG, back up Center, and WR's that clearly don't know what they are doing. They also lost their starting RB to a re-aggrivated shoulder injury. I feel its safe to say they were in the same injury situation as the Giants. Thats what makes this loss frustrating for me. Sure Romo got knocked down a handful of times, but with the "boys O-line in the shape it was Romo should of been knocked out of the game by the middle of the 2nd quarter. One of many wasted opportunities.

The Skins should of put the 'boys away by halftime. Simple as that. Good teams do that consistantly, and the Skins are not a good team right now. Average at best.

Old
09-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Agreed. A good team would have had total control of that game by the end of the first half.

09-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
The 'boys were starting a 3rd string LG, back up Center, and WR's that clearly don't know what they are doing. They also lost their starting RB to a re-aggrivated shoulder injury. I feel its safe to say they were in the same injury situation as the Giants. Thats what makes this loss frustrating for me. Sure Romo got knocked down a handful of times, but with the "boys O-line in the shape it was Romo should of been knocked out of the game by the middle of the 2nd quarter. One of many wasted opportunities.

The Skins should of put the 'boys away by halftime. Simple as that. Good teams do that consistantly, and the Skins are not a good team right now. Average at best.
Let's not pretend Tashard Choice is a star. They don't really lose anything going to Felix Jones. In fact, isn't Jones #1 on the depth chart? Costa IS their starting center, what are you talking about????? Nagy, their 7th round rookie at left guard, played. What are you talking about??? Apparently you have fallen prey to the Cowboys propaganda machine that would have you believe we played a boys choir. Austin was the only significant player out.

Old
09-27-2011, 07:39 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

All of the cowboys main weapons played ex-Austin. But don't fool yourself to thinking that playing = playing at 100%. Everyone gets hurt. But Dez, Romo, and Jones were severely limited in what they could do physically... 50% is putting it nicely. Witten is banged up too but not to the extent much worse than the avg player.

For all of the bravo Shannahan.. booo BB. There was more than a few mental errors out there that need to be squashed out. Seemed like situational football was lacking in players and coaches alike.

That said, you guys should still be extremely please with how this team has performed to date. The D is miles better than I expected. Helu will be a stud (trying to "sell" Hightower in my ff league!).

Old
09-27-2011, 07:42 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Felix Jones is the starting RB, who the hell is talking about Tashard Choice? And the only regular starters to start on the O-line were the LT, RG, and RT. And the RT is a rookie, but whatever floats your boat. The Skins lost a game they should of won. What else is there to discuss?

Old
09-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Felix Jones is the starting RB, who the hell is talking about Tashard Choice? And the only regular starters to start on the O-line were the LT, RG, and RT. And the RT is a rookie, but whatever floats your boat. The Skins lost a game they should of won. What else is there to discuss?
YOU said the Cowboys started a backup center and LG. You were wrong. Their rookie left guard won the starting job and played against us. Costa, who also played against us, is their starting center. YOU also said they lost their starting RB, and as far as I could tell Jones played most if not all of the game. You might want to reread your post.

As far as Jones and Romo being 50% that is BS. Teams regularly play guys injured and Jones sure looked fine cutting through our defense on those runs. Bryant, I don't know but he seemed to run pretty well. We had guys not at 100% as well. People also forget that Orakpo missed a good chunk of the second half. You don't think our pass rush suffered? Take out Ware and see how the game changes.

Once again Cowboy propaganda. Their fans would love to spin this out of a close home win and into a "we are so talented we beat you with one hand behind our back and the other hand cuffed by referees" win.

Old
09-27-2011, 08:51 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
I dont find fault in that 3rd and 21 blitz. I have seen our feeble predictable 3 man rush prevent do jack shiat for years.

Fact is, there was plenty of time on the clock after they scored. We had time to be aggressive and fail. We got the ball back with almost 2 minutes left after we held them to a FG so its not like our D crumbled. When you rush 8, you have to get to the QB. We failed. Romo made a play.

We were driving for a potential game winning FG and Rex fumbled. Our offense has sucked in the red zone, a problem, but still, a late FG is exactly what the doctor ordered. Rex should have run out of bounds like he did when Spencer chased him down in the 3rd quarter. Rex didnt make a play.

I question some of our offensive play calling more then Haslet or Hall.

Old
09-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
YOU said the Cowboys started a backup center and LG. You were wrong. Their rookie left guard won the starting job and played against us. Costa, who also played against us, is their starting center. YOU also said they lost their starting RB, and as far as I could tell Jones played most if not all of the game. You might want to reread your post.

As far as Jones and Romo being 50% that is BS. Teams regularly play guys injured and Jones sure looked fine cutting through our defense on those runs. Bryant, I don't know but he seemed to run pretty well. We had guys not at 100% as well. People also forget that Orakpo missed a good chunk of the second half. You don't think our pass rush suffered? Take out Ware and see how the game changes.

Once again Cowboy propaganda. Their fans would love to spin this out of a close home win and into a "we are so talented we beat you with one hand behind our back and the other hand cuffed by referees" win.
The Skins aren't good. The Cowboys arent good either. Skins lost a game they should have won. Mental errors for the Skins, selfish play by their top CB, and lucky bounces for the Cowboys (3 fumbles bounced right back to Romo, really???).

I am afraid that looking back a few weeks from now, this game will be the one that started us on our downward trend. I would *love* to see a big mental comeback and see the Skins win in St Looo, but I am not hopeful.

Prob 2-2 going into the break, with 2 home wins, and 2 road losses. That's the NFL for you--

Old
09-28-2011, 03:54 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:

A qb with broken ribs who's velocity is limited. Especially as game went on. Jones has a bad shouler, which doesnt hurt ability to run in space... Which the skins gave him. But he's not getting the carries or yac.

And I hate the cowboys.

The standard is the standard and injuries aren't an excuse. But youre fooling yourself evaluating the skins vs that team put out there by Dallas. You should be 3-0.

Old
09-28-2011, 03:56 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Detroit is going to destroy Dallas. Farley and suh together at last is going to kill that interior line.

I doubt romo makes it through the game.

Old
09-28-2011, 10:42 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:

I was wrong about the Center, but he is a rookie regardless. Our brand new NG should of ate his ass up. I was not wrong about the LG. Through training camp the LG guard position was up for grabs between the rookie Nagy and our old buddy Derrick Dockery. Reading during training camp some said Dockery would win it, then he got hurt. Then the rookie played in week 1, and he got hurt. Cue Dockery again for week 2, then he breaks his leg. Leading up to the Skins game Nagy wasn't suppose to play, but he did. Once again though, he is a ****ing rookie. Our new front 3 should of ate him up.

On top of all that there are only 2 returning starters on the O-line for the 'boys from last year, and only 1 of those returning lineman is playing the same position he played last year (the LT).

So lets add that up Mr. Propoganda man. The 'boys came into the Skins game with 1 vet at his normal position (LT), another vet at a new position (RG), and THREE ****ing rookies at LG, C, and RT. They make the Skins O-line look like a collection of All-Pro's. Add to the fact that Romo and Jones were dinged up and one would think Haslet would blitz the **** out of the 'boys, and he did. But our guys didn't put a lot of hits on Romo, and let him complete a 3rd and 21. That is a wasted opportunity.

I could give two ****s what Crackboys fans say about the win, the Skins should of handled a very average and injury depleted Crackboys team. Instead they let the 'boys hang around and lost. Same thing happened against the Cardinals, but the outcome was different. The Skins should of won, and won by a lot, end of story.

Last edited by WetHog: 09-28-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old
09-28-2011, 09:07 PM
wpgallday1960

Just watching the Jets v. Canes and thought I would drop by. Can't say I'm all broken up about the Skins Monday nite loss - I knew we weren't an NFL elite team. The ceiling with this team is 8-8 with Sexy Rexy @ QB. Still could have won that game if we had more balanced play calling on O and if Hall could actually cover a WR.
Skins should be favoured in St. Louis but that's exactly the type of game the Skins crap the bed in. We'll see.
Shanny better draft a QB in the 1st round next April or I'll be hollering for his dismissal.

Old
09-28-2011, 09:28 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
I am still wondering why an official was pushing the redskins away from the Dallas center as the ball was snapped on what proved to be the game winning FG

Old
09-28-2011, 09:41 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgallday1960 View Post
Just watching the Jets v. Canes and thought I would drop by. Can't say I'm all broken up about the Skins Monday nite loss - I knew we weren't an NFL elite team. The ceiling with this team is 8-8 with Sexy Rexy @ QB. Still could have won that game if we had more balanced play calling on O and if Hall could actually cover a WR.
Skins should be favoured in St. Louis but that's exactly the type of game the Skins crap the bed in. We'll see.
Shanny better draft a QB in the 1st round next April or I'll be hollering for his dismissal.
I pseudo lucked out on the monday night game. Was sick so my sleep schedule the night before and ended up falling asleep on the couch before the game and woke up at 11:30 and was already game over, heh. Unfortunately I missed the caps game too .

09-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgallday1960 View Post
I don't know what the spread is for the game, but the "experts" on CBS's sportsline NFL page (five out of five) all picked St. Louis to win Sunday.

*Edit but 6 of 8 of the experts on USA Today picked the Skins to win.

Last edited by Duke33: 09-29-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old
09-29-2011, 09:11 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I am still wondering why an official was pushing the redskins away from the Dallas center as the ball was snapped on what proved to be the game winning FG
Just a guess as to why the refs moved them back on my part, but on one of the previous fg attempts the Skins totally blew up the snapper annd one of the other 'boys lineman. I remember Michaels and Collinsworth commentating on it. Lining up on the snapper and blownng him up at the snap is a no no. Might be the reason.

Old
09-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Capsman

Quote:
I was wrong about the Center, but he is a rookie regardless. Our brand new NG should of ate his ass up. I was not wrong about the LG. Through training camp the LG guard position was up for grabs between the rookie Nagy and our old buddy Derrick Dockery. Reading during training camp some said Dockery would win it, then he got hurt. Then the rookie played in week 1, and he got hurt. Cue Dockery again for week 2, then he breaks his leg. Leading up to the Skins game Nagy wasn't suppose to play, but he did. Once again though, he is a ****ing rookie. Our new front 3 should of ate him up.

On top of all that there are only 2 returning starters on the O-line for the 'boys from last year, and only 1 of those returning lineman is playing the same position he played last year (the LT).

So lets add that up Mr. Propoganda man. The 'boys came into the Skins game with 1 vet at his normal position (LT), another vet at a new position (RG), and THREE ****ing rookies at LG, C, and RT. They make the Skins O-line look like a collection of All-Pro's. Add to the fact that Romo and Jones were dinged up and one would think Haslet would blitz the **** out of the 'boys, and he did. But our guys didn't put a lot of hits on Romo, and let him complete a 3rd and 21. That is a wasted opportunity.

I could give two ****s what Crackboys fans say about the win, the Skins should of handled a very average and injury depleted Crackboys team. Instead they let the 'boys hang around and lost. Same thing happened against the Cardinals, but the outcome was different. The Skins should of won, and won by a lot, end of story.
Actually no, Costa is not a rookie. He is a 2nd year guy. So that is 2 rookies, one of whom was the 9th pick in the draft and plays right tackle where Romo could see. Not as difficult a position as left tackle. It is not unheard for a high draft pick lineman to step right in and play well, even as a rookie.

As for Jones, he has never been a high carry guy and Monday night was no different. He did not seem nearly as hindered as some would suggest. I STILL don't buy the Romo thing. His ability to move in and outside the pocket, bend down and pick up bad snaps, and throw a 30 yard pass while running backwards suggests he wasn't that far from his norm. So are you suggesting he throws for 400 yards and 3 touchdowns against us without the boo boo?

People are making waaay too much of this loss as inexcusable. Dallas has the same intact defensive front 7 that we all knew had the potential to be dominant. Defense keeps teams in games. Furthermore we lost Orakpo for most of the second half, and I'm pretty sure we win this game if Ware was out. It was an away loss against a decent division opponent, "injuries" or not. We weren't playing a boy's choir. We are not yet a dominant team, I for one was expecting anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7, and nothing I have seen changes that outlook. We do not have a dominant defensive front, not even close. Dallas' relative weakness (o-line) is matched by our relative weakness (linemen and inside linebackers). Orakpo and Kerrigan are beasts, but we still have middling linemen who get little push up the middle. We have no Ratcliff, Jenkins, Tuck, or JPP.

It wouldn't shock me in the least bit if we beat a "healthier" Dallas team here.

Old
09-29-2011, 04:08 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

The Skins should of won the game. Simple as that. Both teams had the same record last year. The Skins made noticable improvements to their roster, the Crackboys didn't. The Skins were noticably healthier than the Crackboys. I didn't make a playoff prediction before this season started, but I was expecting improvement and positive steps for the Skins towards being a playoff contender in a couple years. The Dallas game was a step back, not forward. How they play against the Rams will say a lot.

And the Skins lost Orakpo for a quarter and a half, but so what? As good as Orakpo is, until he matures and develops more than one rush move I wouldn't put him at Ware's level. Besides, Rob Jackson provided some nice pressure and caused a fumble in Orakpo's absence. Orakpo out a quarter or so was not a factor in the outcome of the game.

Last edited by WetHog: 09-29-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old
09-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Capsman

Quote:
The Skins should of won the game. Simple as that. Both teams had the same record last year. The Skins made noticable improvements to their roster, the Crackboys didn't. The Skins were noticably healthier than the Crackboys. I didn't make a playoff prediction before this season started, but I was expecting improvement and positive steps for the Skins towards being a playoff contender in a couple years. The Dallas game was a step back, not forward. How they play against the Rams will say a lot.

And the Skins lost Orakpo for a quarter and a half, but so what? As good as Orakpo is, until he matures and develops more than one rush move I wouldn't put him at Ware's level. Besides, Rob Jackson provided some nice pressure and caused a fumble in Orakpo's absence. Orakpo out a quarter or so was not a factor in the outcome of the game.
You comparing Rob Jackson to Orakpo? I'm really starting to wonder if you are a Cowboys fan in disguise. Orakpo commands much more attention than Rob Jackson, whether Jackson got to the QB once or not. Jackson isn't a quarter the player he is. And Brian isn't that far behind Ware, especially when you consider he has had inferior defensive talent around him. Just look at how the Cowboys offense started having more success moving the ball after he got injured.

You really believe the Skins and Cowboys had comparable talent last year? Really? Forget the final records, just changing to Jason Garrett alone made them a better team last season and this season. I believe that we had a better offseason and have narrowed the gap with all the teams in our division, but on a talent level I don't see us as superior to the Cowboys. And I certainly do not believe we backtracked in any way whatsoever.

Old
09-29-2011, 07:06 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Orakpo isn't at Ware's level at this point in his career. How is that negative towards Orakpo in any way? Ware has 4 more years of NFL experience on Orakpo and it shows. Right now Orakpo has one go to rush move at his disposal (edge rushing LT/TE) and he needs at least one more. Orakpo is a good player, Ware is a great.

And I wasn't comparing Jackson to Orakpo, just simply pointing out that Jackson forced a fumble by Romo while he subed for Orakpo. That signals that Jackson was effective while Orakpo grabbed an IV bag in the lockerroom.

Finally, the Crackboys made no significant additions in the offseason, and are counting on a large number of young players to grow up in a hurry and replace veterans. Where as the Skins add quality veterans in FA and wisely selected some average/good rookies who are providing some much need depth and special teams help. The Crackboys roster was beaten and banged up, the Skins wasn't for the most part, even with Orakpo out for a quarter. The Skins should of won by at least 2 TD's.

Now lets see how you spin these answers of mine. Should be interesting.

PS: I became a Skins fan for life the moment Clint Didier caught that last TD of the 2nd quarter to make the SB XXII halftime score 35-10 Skins. That means I am coming up on my 24th anniversery as a Skins fan. Having recently turned 35 years old, I've been a Skins fan most of my life. I've lived through my share of **** with this team.

PPS: How about this blast from the past? Ali Haji-Sheikh? Ah the golden age of Skins place kickers.

Last edited by WetHog: 09-29-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old
09-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Orakpo isn't at Ware's level at this point in his career. How is that negative towards Orakpo in any way? Ware has 4 more years of NFL experience on Orakpo and it shows. Right now Orakpo has one go to rush move at his disposal (edge rushing LT/TE) and he needs at least one more. Orakpo is a good player, Ware is a great.

And I wasn't comparing Jackson to Orakpo, just simply pointing out that Jackson forced a fumble by Romo while he subed for Orakpo. That signals that Jackson was effective while Orakpo grabbed an IV bag in the lockerroom.

Finally, the Crackboys made no significant additions in the offseason, and are counting on a large number of young players to grow up in a hurry and replace veterans. Where as the Skins add quality veterans in FA and wisely selected some average/good rookies who are providing some much need depth and special teams help. The Crackboys roster was beaten and banged up, the Skins wasn't for the most part, even with Orakpo out for a quarter. The Skins should of won by at least 2 TD's.

Now lets see how you spin these answers of mine. Should be interesting.

PS: I became a Skins fan for life the moment Clint Didier caught that last TD of the 2nd quarter to make the SB XXII halftime score 35-10 Skins. That means I am coming up on my 24th anniversery as a Skins fan. Having recently turned 35 years old, I've been a Skins fan most of my life. I've lived through my share of **** with this team.

PPS: How about this blast from the past? Ali Haji-Sheikh? Ah the golden age of Skins place kickers.
We moved from upstate NY to DC in 1977 when I was 9, and probably until 1980 I was a huge Steelers fan. I grew up with Bradshaw, Blier, Swann, Stallworth, Ham, Lambert, Joe Green, etc. as my heroes. I don't really remember how it happened, but somewhere in that 0-5 start with Joe Gibbs I started falling in love with the Skins. Maybe it was because all the news media kept pointing out that Gibbs was a disciple of Don Coryell and we should brace ourselves for an awesome aerial attack. I remember finally winning against Chicago when Gibbs decided the air Coryell thing wasn't working with the personnel on the team. From then on I was hooked and could give a flying $%^* about the Steelers. Don't hate them, but don't like them anymore. This is what always pisses me off about Cowboy fans. Most (like my brother) have no ties whatsoever with Dallas but were drawn to the Cowboys like kids to the pied piper, as I was to the Steelers. The difference is I outgrew that and became devoted to my community's teams.

Yeah I remember Haji-Sheikh, ha ha. Wasn't he the kicker before Lohmiller?

Her is my "spin" on your answers.
I don't think a good play by Jackson negated the overall loss of Orakpo. Really depends on what you mean by successful. I'll take overall impact over a single play any day. And I think Dallas' 4th quarter success moving the ball testifies to that.

That inexperienced line of Dallas' played pretty well, bad snaps notwithstanding. They are faster than last year's version. We do not have the defensive line horses to take advantage of that. I think last year we lose this game by a wider margin, and I think this year's Cowboys are better than last year because they are better coached and better motivated. As for Romo'a injury, I would point out that he had no problem the week before against SF leading a comeback with a lot of nifty and sharp passes as well as pocket mobility. So I just do not buy that he was significantly hindered. I think the biggest issue for him was avoiding hits. Incidentally, Rothlesberger played with 2 broken ribs in the superbowl and had a whale of a game.

Old
09-30-2011, 09:01 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
I remember Michaels and Collinsworth commentating on it.
I don't....

Old
09-30-2011, 09:40 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
We moved from upstate NY to DC in 1977 when I was 9, and probably until 1980 I was a huge Steelers fan. I grew up with Bradshaw, Blier, Swann, Stallworth, Ham, Lambert, Joe Green, etc. as my heroes. I don't really remember how it happened, but somewhere in that 0-5 start with Joe Gibbs I started falling in love with the Skins. Maybe it was because all the news media kept pointing out that Gibbs was a disciple of Don Coryell and we should brace ourselves for an awesome aerial attack. I remember finally winning against Chicago when Gibbs decided the air Coryell thing wasn't working with the personnel on the team. From then on I was hooked and could give a flying $%^* about the Steelers. Don't hate them, but don't like them anymore. This is what always pisses me off about Cowboy fans. Most (like my brother) have no ties whatsoever with Dallas but were drawn to the Cowboys like kids to the pied piper, as I was to the Steelers. The difference is I outgrew that and became devoted to my community's teams.

Yeah I remember Haji-Sheikh, ha ha. Wasn't he the kicker before Lohmiller?

Her is my "spin" on your answers.
I don't think a good play by Jackson negated the overall loss of Orakpo. Really depends on what you mean by successful. I'll take overall impact over a single play any day. And I think Dallas' 4th quarter success moving the ball testifies to that.

That inexperienced line of Dallas' played pretty well, bad snaps notwithstanding. They are faster than last year's version. We do not have the defensive line horses to take advantage of that. I think last year we lose this game by a wider margin, and I think this year's Cowboys are better than last year because they are better coached and better motivated. As for Romo'a injury, I would point out that he had no problem the week before against SF leading a comeback with a lot of nifty and sharp passes as well as pocket mobility. So I just do not buy that he was significantly hindered. I think the biggest issue for him was avoiding hits. Incidentally, Rothlesberger played with 2 broken ribs in the superbowl and had a whale of a game.
We can go back and forth about what we think about that game, but what would be the point. It was a loss, and a bad one. The Skins had their chances to put the 'boys away and they didn't take advantage of it. Thats the frustrating part for me. Just like every other Skins fan out there, I am tired of the losing, of the "we should of won that game" talk. I see improvement with the team, but games like on Monday is what the Skins have been for the last decade. Doing just enough not to win. Its high time that **** ends.

And yeah I think Lohmiller showed up not soon after SB XXII. I believe Haji-Sheikh was the place kicker because good old Jess Atkinson broke his leg or ankle that year. Anyway, I was one of those ****** kids that rooted against the Skins to annoy my parents. The '85 Bears really got me interested in the NFL. I had the Fridge poster and wanted a white headban like Jim McMahon had. Then the Skins beat the Bears to go to the NFC Championship game and my opinion of the Skins changed. The Bears were the greatest team in the NFL according to me and the Skins beat them on the Bears home turf. I can still remember that picture of Walter Payton sitting on the bench with his head in his hands after that game. But I still rooted against the Skins in the SB and when the Broncos went up 10-0 I was really letting my parents have it. Then the second quarter of SB XXII started, the Skins put up 35 points on the Broncos, and everything changed.

*edit*
I did a little research on the Skins place kickers for the '87 season because I know Atkinson broke his leg that year, but I needed to confirm. Here is the name of placekickers used that year. Steve Cox, Ali Haji-Sheikh, Obed Ariri, Brendan Toibin and Jess Atkinson. And the Skins used a 2nd round pick on Lohmiller in the offseason. Anyway, looking at that list of placekickers from that year, I guess we could do worse than Gano. Brent Conway or Eddie Murray anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
I don't....
Of course you don't...

Last edited by WetHog: 09-30-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Closed Thread