HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Talk Shows Le Match/Anti-Chambre, etc...

Old
09-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Ketzlaf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
spilled my drink

bravo sir, bravo!
I wasn't trying to be funny. That is actually what happened on the show

Ketzlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Jesse Pinkman

I'm done with L'antichambre, the first minutes today were awful, they are clueless.

Jesse Pinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inf1n1te View Post
I'm done with L'antichambre, the first minutes today were awful, they are clueless.
I was a fan of Le Match this week, and then Ciconne and Perron killed it for me. Who takes these two seriously?

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Vinc360

I love when bergeron says "les matchs d'exhibition"

Vinc360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Stradale

Morrisette is getting more and more annoying.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

I had the bad luck to open the TV with RDS opened around 5, and there were theses two clowns that does the 5 à 7, and in a segment, they compared Danny Kristo to Tom Kostopoulos. Then to show in subtitle : Dany Cristo.

They're so professional.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:42 PM
NewHabsEra*

Bergeron bringing the show down once again trying to convince himself about any bright ideas he thinks he has.. doesnt even realizes he interrupts other guys on the show that probably have more pertinent comments to say..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:50 PM
NBP81

post 73... < This

NBP81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:26 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Awful. These guys are beyond awful. I can't stand none of them. They're so ****ing dumb. Bergie is like a drunk uncle always bringing back old stories everyone heard ten times. Same for Tremblay. Gaston Therrien has the IQ of a doorknob. PJ is a Bruins *******. And Langdeau... this guy is ****ing annoying and has no ****ing respect. He thinks he's The **** when in the end, he's just ****.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:45 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

These shows intentianally have clowns that say anything just to get a reaction...the french version of Don Cherry. Most of them are not bright enough to hold down a job in hockey.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:50 AM
parachutist

and they have a new guy to bash this year: yemelin

parachutist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by parachutist View Post
and they have a new guy to bash this year: yemelin
Why would they be bashing him?

For the most part he's been very steady and solid.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 09:22 AM
AraGOHABSGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

Beats me... I still dont understand the hate towards Yemlin... They were bashing him since his 1st game... Only Carbonneau says the smart things ( from time to time ): " Pour un defenseur, si on entend pas son nom, c'est une bonne chose" But the clows at l'antichambre thinks that Yemelin is weak in defensif zone and isnt even worth waiting for -.-

the funniest part, when Gaston was showing why the PP 5vs3 wasnt working... He said,oh look Desharnais was right next to the net, Cammy should of passed the net.. Except that, there were 3 D on their path....

AraGOHABSGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Ketzlaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

They bash him because they hate when Quebecers get bashed, so their solution is to bash Russians. If you think that this logic is flawed, you understand why they adhere to it.

Ketzlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 09:49 AM
AraGOHABSGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzlaf View Post
They bash him because they hate when Quebecers get bashed, so their solution is to bash Russians. If you think that this logic is flawed, you understand why they adhere to it.
You know what was funny... They said, no one can be good when your team lose 4-0. Then like 2-3 mins after, they said but Bournival had a really solid game... And why is that? Because he touched the post? Because he is a Q? If bournival was solid, then Yemelin was solid also -.-

AraGOHABSGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:12 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraGOHABSGO View Post
You know what was funny... They said, no one can be good when your team lose 4-0.
This, right there, is a big reason why mainstream media hockey analysis is of such limited value. Hockey just doesn't work that way.

In their minds, if you lose 4-0, not only did you play bad, but you can't possibly have done anything right. That is, of course, complete and utter bull. There are any number of reasons that could result in that score, not least of which a mismatch in goaltending, but when the score is lopsided, the media analysts only have one explanation: everybody sucked.

Picture the exact same game, but with a couple twists: Budaj makes a couple more saves and those couple of posts are fine-tuned a bit more towards the goal and they go in. The score could easily have been 2-2. Would the narrative be the same?

You bet your ass it wouldn't.

Mainstream media analyze hockey based on the final score, not based on what happened in the game. This happens because sports media don't do analysis, they do storytelling. Until they change that, no one should take it too seriously -- and they won't change it, which is why it's wise to look elsewhere for genuine analysis.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:44 AM
otto bond

I can't take their drama most night. I just turn it most time after 5-10 min.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:57 AM
ymorin007*

Send a message via MSN to ymorin007*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
This, right there, is a big reason why mainstream media hockey analysis is of such limited value. Hockey just doesn't work that way.

In their minds, if you lose 4-0, not only did you play bad, but you can't possibly have done anything right. That is, of course, complete and utter bull. There are any number of reasons that could result in that score, not least of which a mismatch in goaltending, but when the score is lopsided, the media analysts only have one explanation: everybody sucked.

Picture the exact same game, but with a couple twists: Budaj makes a couple more saves and those couple of posts are fine-tuned a bit more towards the goal and they go in. The score could easily have been 2-2. Would the narrative be the same?

You bet your ass it wouldn't.

Mainstream media analyze hockey based on the final score, not based on what happened in the game. This happens because sports media don't do analysis, they do storytelling. Until they change that, no one should take it too seriously -- and they won't change it, which is why it's wise to look elsewhere for genuine analysis.
Your'e so right and that's why I prefer reading post from people like you then listening to propaganda that benefit their ratings.

ymorin007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:57 AM
habitue*

The only solution= Don't watch any of them....

By loosing viewers , they gonna loose their sponsorship and then re-adjust or disappear totally.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:24 AM
ymorin007*

Send a message via MSN to ymorin007*
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
The only solution= Don't watch any of them....

By loosing viewers , they gonna loose their sponsorship and then re-adjust or disappear totally.
I think that we are small portion of their market. By "we" I mean those that are interested in watching a "educating" type of show and not a "entertaining" kind.

Why do you think so much people are following cnn? Because people love, maybe without even realizing, that they are addicted to sensationalism and the negative perspective of the facts.

And l'anti-room just follow those principle because it most work on their ratings.

ymorin007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:28 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzlaf View Post
I honestly feel superior in all ways to those who watch l'Antichambre, le Match and all the other crap shows. Tolerating such garbage is a sign of severe mental deficiencies. One can only take so much poor arguments and language skills.

I tried to watch a bit of the AC after the 2nd Boston game. Here is a summary:

Langdeau: Aille, ché que stun match hors-concours qui veut rien dire, MAIS IL FAUT GAGNER! (he doesn't realize the obvious logical problem in his sentence).

Damphousse: Aille, ché que stun match hors-concours qui veut rien dire, MAIS TU AS RAISON, IL FAUT GAGNER! (he doesn't realize that he is repeating the exact same thing).

Mario Tremblay: Moé, moé je dis que la victoire d'un match est une bonne opportunité de commencer à voir plus loin. (doesn't realize that he makes no ****ing sense whatsoever).

Langdeau: Bon, bon, bon, on se calme, on se calme. CE N'EST QU'UN MATCH HORS CONCOURS...mais c'est vraiment important qu'un vétéran s'implique. Certains jouent leur saison ce soir! (not realizing that he is completely retarded).

That was basically the whole show. Everyone claiming that no one cares about preseason, only the end their sentence by explaining why preseason is so important. The only breath of fresh air is Mario Tremblay who the only voice of dissent, but only because he is unable to construct a coherent taught.

**** these shows, they should replace it by 90 minutes of sports highlights.

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:38 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

I didn't read all the posts on this thread but anybody else here agree that the Antichambre Intro is becoming more and more cheesy???

Like do they do it on purpose to be extra cheesy???

If Antichambre was a pizza pocket it would be the 3 cheese one...seriously they need to work on this...

Stephane Langdeau: *rants about losing 6 out of 7 pre-season games*
PJ Stock: hey mon ami, relax!!! CHILL OUT!!!
Stephane Langdeau: CHILL OUT??? ...C QUOI CETTE AFFAIRE ...JE DOIS CHILL IN!!!

Me:

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Are you serious? He actually said that

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:42 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Are you serious? He actually said that
Maybe not in the exact same words but along those lines yes...

I know...It's really bad

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Can't stand Langdeau anymore. At first, I had a bit of respect for him, because he was engaging in those debates with Le Baron were they were pretty much insulting each other. It was fun to see someone attacking Ronald McDonald's alter ego.

But now he is just awful. I don't know if they ask him to act like a retard on purpose (don't forget that this guy used to work for SRC, he probably has some common sense hided somewhere), but it can't get more annoying.

He is just making those simple associations that are just plain stupid

Yesterday : No captain in 2009-2010 = No leaders = No leadership in this team...

Is he even thinking? Can't wait until the day someone tells him to "Shut the hell up" on air (if this day ever comes).

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote