HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Injury Talk: Markov to rejoin team at the end of Oct? Ryan White out indefinitely

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2011, 12:26 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I watched the game and was suprised to see price not starting was thaty planned or is he hurt? Cause I figured with the season so close he'd get the start
I'm sure he'll get the start Saturday.

Old
09-30-2011, 12:29 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
I have to say I was shocked to see georges return to the game. The way his knee bent that....that didn't loook good

Old
09-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I watched the game and was suprised to see price not starting was thaty planned or is he hurt? Cause I figured with the season so close he'd get the start
They had two games left so I assume they'd each start one. Budaj looks like he needs more work than Price, goes down too early.

Old
09-30-2011, 07:54 AM
PunkinDrublic*

I hope they don't rush back guys like Markov in a panic move because of these losses. They mean nothing and we will have forgot about them by the second week of the regular season.

Old
09-30-2011, 08:00 AM
HabsDood

Quote:
I have to say I was shocked to see georges return to the game. The way his knee bent that....that didn't loook good
Same here, it all went slowly in my head, the face he had while falling and kinda hurtiiing badly going down even more, seeing the leg twisting weirdly.. I thought, **** man, he's screwed again!!!!

Then i looked as he skated away, seems bothered but not sure and suddenly, came back.. I said to myself "darn, knee will be fn fine whole season !!!"

Old
09-30-2011, 08:54 AM
neofury*

To be honest if Gorges was in anyway hurt I believe he would not have been back at all. Like even if it were minor pain. I believe he was just startled due to the type of hit he took and way he fell. Better safe than sorry, but clearly his knee held up well there. Looked like if it had been Markov it would've been career ending and I say this in total seriousness. Markov has taken hits that weren't as bad and gotten injured, though he fell more awkwardly.

I would say Gorges can take a hit better but we saw the way he fell. It was sketchy to say the least. Glad he was back the same game cause it shows he was definitely 100%, they wouldn't risk bringing him back into a preseason game if there was a risk.

Old
09-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
They had two games left so I assume they'd each start one. Budaj looks like he needs more work than Price, goes down too early.
Budaj is also too passive. He doesn't square up against the shooter, cut down angles, or attempt to pokecheck.

Old
09-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamiltonhabfan10 View Post
#canadiens Andrei Markov will see the doctors Friday for an update on his health status.
Do you think we will hear the results from the meeting today?

As well, is he meeting team doctors (Dr. Mulder) or his surgeon Dr. James Andrews?

Old
09-30-2011, 10:12 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
I hope they don't rush back guys like Markov in a panic move because of these losses. They mean nothing and we will have forgot about them by the second week of the regular season.
You are right, they won't mean anything because well be crying over the first week's losses.

THE SKY IS FALLING, management sucks, why do you guys accept mediocrity. I went fishing, let's see if I get a fish

Old
09-30-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Wow...I thought he was done right there. I'm convinced Josh Gorges is made of plastic

Old
09-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Surely. But there's a lot of panicking left to do between now and then.

Old
09-30-2011, 05:10 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
To be honest if Gorges was in anyway hurt I believe he would not have been back at all. Like even if it were minor pain. I believe he was just startled due to the type of hit he took and way he fell. Better safe than sorry, but clearly his knee held up well there. Looked like if it had been Markov it would've been career ending and I say this in total seriousness. Markov has taken hits that weren't as bad and gotten injured, though he fell more awkwardly.

I would say Gorges can take a hit better but we saw the way he fell. It was sketchy to say the least. Glad he was back the same game cause it shows he was definitely 100%, they wouldn't risk bringing him back into a preseason game if there was a risk.
Oh he felt it and had some pain you could see it on his face and he limped to the bench. He looked done but he came back.

Old
09-30-2011, 05:25 PM
StellerEller
Saku :D

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

This is the most reasonable interpretation. There's nothing at stake in the game, and if he was injured i think he'd stay out. There's a difference between experiencing pain because you fell awkwardly and being injured from the awkward fall.

Old
09-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Wow...I thought he was done right there. I'm convinced Josh Gorges is made of plastic
Yes and the funny thing is that if I remember correctly, RDS's camera was on close up when it happened so we could see the grin of pain on his face...or maybe a grin of fear...like he was thinking to himself : "Not the leg please!"

Old
09-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Gally11

So only news on Markov today was he wasn't starting season and they knew that for a month now lol but what about Eller? Anyone hear anything?

Old
09-30-2011, 07:39 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy33Clutch View Post
This is the most reasonable interpretation. There's nothing at stake in the game, and if he was injured i think he'd stay out. There's a difference between experiencing pain because you fell awkwardly and being injured from the awkward fall.
In the rds video interviews after the game, he explains how he was hoping the leg would hold as he went down, knowing that he had no way of stopping his fall. He looked relieved while they were talking about it.

Old
10-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
On the Lars Eller front:

Quote:
@LucGelinas
Luc Gelinas
Ça sent le retour au jeu pour Lars Eller qui ne s'entraîne plus avec un chandail de joueur blessé...à suivre.
Maybe not for tonight's final pre-season game, but he could be ready to go for the regular season's opener.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
10-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
Do you think we will hear the results from the meeting today?

As well, is he meeting team doctors (Dr. Mulder) or his surgeon Dr. James Andrews?
No, he's meeting with Dr Recchi!

Old
10-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
No, he's meeting with Dr Recchi!

Dr Recchi : Its only muscular

Old
10-01-2011, 12:45 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

According to Jacques Martin, it will be a while before we see Ryan White back in the lineup.

Old
10-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
According to Jacques Martin, it will be a while before we see Ryan White back in the lineup.
Damn, we need his presence on our fourth line!!!

Old
10-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Andy

White out?

Damn, we're really not going to make the playoffs!

Old
10-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Schooner Guy

Any word on Campoli's head injury?

Old
10-01-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Wtf happened to that guy anyway.

Old
10-02-2011, 05:58 AM
BobbyFischer*

What's the status on Messieur Cam Poli?

Closed Thread