HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov - Not returning for 2011-12 season

Old
09-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
We don't need him. Let's just stop talking about him. For the greater good.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 07:26 PM
zellthemedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Not sure if this has been posted already but this is from a few days ago:

Which translates too:
Rads was replying to this post:

Вы останетесь в Салавате на следующий сезон?

Which says:

You will stay in Salavat the next season?

One can click on the original questioner's profile (here) and click on the second link down (Which asks if he's going to play overseas).

Note how it says "in reply to ^" off to the right of the tweet when you click on it.

Anyways, my point is, the question that you're quoting was made AFTER Rads tweeted "probably not".

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
Rads was replying to this post:

Вы останетесь в Салавате на следующий сезон?

Which says:

You will stay in Salavat the next season?

One can click on the original questioner's profile (here) and click on the second link down (Which asks if he's going to play overseas).

Note how it says "in reply to ^" off to the right of the tweet when you click on it.

Anyways, my point is, the question that you're quoting was made AFTER Rads tweeted "probably not".
Oh whoops, thanks for the correction

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Broom of the System

Wish everyone would just stop talking about him, but as long as we're sharing...

Until he shows up and helps the Preds in some meaningful way, my thoughts on him can be summed up in two words:

**** him.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:04 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Wish everyone would just stop talking about him, but as long as we're sharing...

Until he shows up and helps the Preds in some meaningful way, my thoughts on him can be summed up in two words:

**** him.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 08:16 PM
K3V1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post

**** him.
Well said.

K3V1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 09:06 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Well... the thread is for Radulov discussion. Threads can be ignored

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:00 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I will keep my hopes up for 1 more year. I will continue to talk about his hopeful return for 1 more year. If he doesn't come back next year, then I'll leave it alone. I hope he does come back and puts on a clinic.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Mustard

vCash: 788
dchesnokov: Alexander Radulov "packed up his stuff and left Salavat after this morning's practice." per RIAN news agency (via @IgorEronko) (11 minutes ago)

Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 09:49 AM
K3V1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
dchesnokov: Alexander Radulov "packed up his stuff and left Salavat after this morning's practice." per RIAN news agency (via @IgorEronko) (11 minutes ago)
Is he going to the AiHL to try out another continent? Maybe to play for the Syndney Bears? Run Dead-Horse Rads, Run! He smells money somewhere else because "...must not give into NHL." Sniff, sniff.

Edit: Oops, can't be Oz because their season is over due to spring time around the corner.

Old
09-30-2011, 09:52 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

you guys are idiots if you don't want him back. We moan and groan about a top 6 option and what it will cost. It costs us 900k if he came back. I don't care that he left at this point, he did what he thought was best for him, right, wrong, or indifferent.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
you guys are idiots if you don't want him back. We moan and groan about a top 6 option and what it will cost. It costs us 900k if he came back. I don't care that he left at this point, he did what he thought was best for him, right, wrong, or indifferent.
Poile is the problem for not trying harder to get an equivalent talent through trade or draft, since clown shoes left town

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:00 AM
K3V1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I'll give Dead-Horse Rads credit, he is fast. It was fun watching him on the ice when he was here. He should keep his quickness to his speed on the ice and not his costly decisions.

Old
09-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Poile is the problem for not trying harder to get an equivalent talent through trade or draft, since clown shoes left town
DING DING DING DING DING

Old
09-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post

Well that's interesting. Where is a going now?

Old
09-30-2011, 10:13 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
DING DING DING DING DING

So should we have traded away Weber, Suter, or Rinne 2-3 years ago for this equivalent talent? There was that Colin Wilson kid we drafted who was projected to become a high scoring power forward, and very well may, or Ellis who set all sorts of junior hockey offensive records for a defender. Radulov was a 2004 first rounder who left in 2008 and had yet to reach the potential we all envisioned. That puts Wilson on the same timeline if he puts up 25+ goals this season.

If Radulov shows up at 501 Broadway, does Ford give up #47?

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:18 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I received a PM from a Pred fan saying he wished that it was UFA's plane that went down not Lokimotiv's so we could stop talking about Radulov. Now the normal human reaction would be shock but I was frankly thinking the same thing 2 weeks ago.

If he comes back, the Preds get the cup. If he doesn't, the Preds have 6 million in space for a trade.

Either way I like their chances.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
So should we have traded away Weber, Suter, or Rinne 2-3 years ago for this equivalent talent? There was that Colin Wilson kid we drafted who was projected to become a high scoring power forward, and very well may, or Ellis who set all sorts of junior hockey offensive records for a defender. Radulov was a 2004 first rounder who left in 2008 and had yet to reach the potential we all envisioned. That puts Wilson on the same timeline if he puts up 25+ goals this season.

If Radulov shows up at 501 Broadway, does Ford give up #47?
You are once again, completely missing the point.

Old
09-30-2011, 10:22 AM
WartracePred

Speculation is he's going to another team in the KHL. St. Petersburg maybe. There are a couple of other threads on Rads on the HF Boards without all the Nashville bitterness. It's a bit more objective.

By the way, I love the new moniker -- Dead Horse Rads.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:28 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Rads is such a baby. I've been watching him consistently in the KHL for the past 2 years. You don't want this guy. He whines to refs like a little girl, throws fits on the ice, yells at his own players (or shakes head) if they miss a pass. This guy thinks he is God over their or something. He is the Crosbaby of Russian hockey. Primadonna little bi**h!!

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Rads is such a baby. I've been watching him consistently in the KHL for the past 2 years. You don't want this guy. He whines to refs like a little girl, throws fits on the ice, yells at his own players (or shakes head) if they miss a pass. This guy thinks he is God over their or something. He is the Crosbaby of Russian hockey. Primadonna little bi**h!!
We know this as well.

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:34 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
We know this as well.
okay good, just making sure lol. Because it seems there are still some who would welcome this crumb back to Nashville.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:36 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

he can come back and cry all he wants, as long he drops 40 goals out. I have a feeling that Weber wouldn't tolerate too much crap, should it occur, anyway.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:37 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
You are once again, completely missing the point.
No, I'm not. If you weren't so busy ranting you'd realize that.

When Radulov left he was a relatively proven commodity with two seasons of NHL experience ... 18g in 64gp and 26g in 81gp. It was already too late to make any moves in the 2008 free agent market once he left. That left a very small pool of young, highly touted players to bring back this comparative talent ... namely Suter, Weber, and Rinne. That would have been the cost for an equivalent talent coming back ... so which would you have given up or would you have been unwilling to pay such a steep price? (careful, you may end up agreeing with Poile here)

As for drafting ... we haven't had a top five pick due to on ice success over the years. Wilson is three years from his draft class. Comparatively at that point in their respective careers Wilson finished with 34 points in 82 games whereas Radulov put up 37 in 64. This upcoming season is Wilson's chance to compare to Radulov's 26 goal season. Draft picks take time to develop ... especially when you're not making a top three overall choice. Ellis is two years from his draft ... or the same point where Radulov first played for the Ads then got called up.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
No, I'm not. If you weren't so busy ranting you'd realize that.

When Radulov left he was a relatively proven commodity with two seasons of NHL experience ... 18g in 64gp and 26g in 81gp. It was already too late to make any moves in the 2008 free agent market once he left. That left a very small pool of young, highly touted players to bring back this comparative talent ... namely Suter, Weber, and Rinne. That would have been the cost for an equivalent talent coming back ... so which would you have given up or would you have been unwilling to pay such a steep price? (careful, you may end up agreeing with Poile here)

As for drafting ... we haven't had a top five pick due to on ice success over the years. Wilson is three years from his draft class. Comparatively at that point in their respective careers Wilson finished with 34 points in 82 games whereas Radulov put up 37 in 64. This upcoming season is Wilson's chance to compare to Radulov's 26 goal season. Draft picks take time to develop ... especially when you're not making a top three overall choice. Ellis is two years from his draft ... or the same point where Radulov first played for the Ads then got called up.
So what you're saying is no GM EVER traded up to get the prospect they thought they needed? Or maybe there was some guy named Eberle who was available instead of Pickard? The old guard of this forum has no imagination or creativity. What myself, and others, have asked is that management back up the words they have said and they haven't. We, as paying customers, deserve to have what management promised us. Oh wait I am being too radical for you. Better shut up now since I am ranting.