HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injuries 335 MG Lost (Ellis, Hecht, Ehrhoff, Myers)

Old
09-29-2011, 01:41 AM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Harrington spewing more stupidity and furthering TBN's anti-Hecht agenda.

Yes, Mike, they kept a player so that he could play one regular season and one exhibition game in his home country. Heck, that's probably why they gave Ehrhoff $40 mil, too.

I actually used to like Harrington before he got his Twitter account. I sure am excited for his first "I want my $6.25m goaltender to make that save" comment. I don't think he will be able to make it beyond the second or third game.
Well said, Zip - Harrington is even more annoying than Gleason and fast approaching Sullivan's level IMO. And I think you pegged it, relative to the timing: his blogs and Twitter stuff are pure rants of idiocy. He seems as hell-bent on bashing Hecht as Gleason was on Afinogenov & Connolly. Pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
More from WGR:

Quote:
The hit was shocking to me because it's the hardest I've ever seen Vanek hit somebody and it was a teammate! To me, it totally crossed the line because Kaleta is not expecting that kind of contact in practice so he's not braced for it. Ruff agreed, "The obvious answer is yes, it went too far, but whether Van leaned in too much or whether Patty kept coming with too much momentum, we don't want anybody hurt in practice so that's the extreme case, but he's going to be fine."

I had a chance to speak to Vanek as he was leaving. He said, "It happened fast, I just in the high slot, saw Patty was coming out of the scrum and taking it to the net, I wanted to cut him off, he stopped and opened up and I just froze." Vanek agreed he hit him harder than he needed to, "Oh sure, I was just ready there to cut him off and it happened fast."
Quote:
As far as the rest of the injuries Derek Roy was out there. Roy said, He looked pretty good, he's close. The question will be whether we want to risk anything by playing him Friday night. I think if there's any hesitation on his part to playing or any concern strength wise then the obvious answer is just keep him out."
Quote:
Hecht did not skate and Ruff said, "He saw another doctor, he went out and skated on his own and we'll see how that goes. Hopefully he'll start progressing in the next few days."
http://wgr550.com/Sabres-Vanek-hamme...tice-/11049178

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 06:23 AM
Clock

Harrington's taking it a bit far, but these Hecht injuries are becoming entirely too ordinary.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 10:13 AM
joshjull

Quote:
I had a chance to speak to Vanek as he was leaving. He said, "It happened fast, I just in the high slot, saw Patty was coming out of the scrum and taking it to the net, I wanted to cut him off, he stopped and opened up and I just froze." Vanek agreed he hit him harder than he needed to, "Oh sure, I was just ready there to cut him off and it happened fast."
I haven't seen Fargo in years. But when I read the bolded I imagined him speaking with one of these upper midwest accents. Oh ya, oh sure

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I haven't seen Fargo in years. But when I read the bolded I imagined him speaking with one of these upper midwest accents. Oh ya, oh sure
It happened so fast, dontcha know.

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:25 AM
GameMisconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Harrington spewing more stupidity and furthering TBN's anti-Hecht agenda.

Yes, Mike, they kept a player so that he could play one regular season and one exhibition game in his home country. Heck, that's probably why they gave Ehrhoff $40 mil, too.

I actually used to like Harrington before he got his Twitter account. I sure am excited for his first "I want my $6.25m goaltender to make that save" comment. I don't think he will be able to make it beyond the second or third game.
Agreed. The twitter stuff is especially Bucky-like.

I have a recurring (but probably mostly futile) hope now that Tim Graham is back at the news he might do a bit of hockey stuff (I liked the the Spinner piece a few weeks back in the Buffalo News).

GameMisconduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
From Hoppe's article today:

Quote:
Meanwhile, center Jochen Hecht (possible head injury) saw another doctor and later skated on his own. “Hopefully, he’ll start progressing here in the next few days,” Ruff said.
At least he's skating.

09-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I was listening to a Vanek interview late last night and, as usual, I noted how his accent is a bit goofy -- by which I don't mean "Austrian". It just hit me now that his accent is very affected by having lived in South Dakota through his teens, presumably while first learning conversational English, and then attending (and still living in) Minnesota. Austrian-by-way-of-mid-west totally encapsulates his accent and it can be a funny mix.

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Shmuffalo
It's SAMSON, bozo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I was listening to a Vanek interview late last night and, as usual, I noted how his accent is a bit goofy -- by which I don't mean "Austrian". It just hit me now that his accent is very affected by having lived in South Dakota through his teens, presumably while first learning conversational English, and then attending (and still living in) Minnesota. Austrian-by-way-of-mid-west totally encapsulates his accent and it can be a funny mix.
He definitely has a strange accent. He's no Jaroslav Spacek, but then again, nobody is.

Shmuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:05 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by schadenfreude View Post
Hecht is a lost cause.
I think I'll change my nickname to Hecht5555 and laugh at all of you doubters in 6 months time!

HAH!

I'll be like jags6868 over on the main board!

Seriously though, Hecht wasn't scoring last season, but he was by no means bad... And the season before that he was the best Sabre forward, all things considered.
I'm hoping for a strong year from him if his body can keep up.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 09:15 AM
joshjull

To Corto

I could be wrong but I think the lost cause comment is about his health not his play.

Old
09-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Hecht continues to skate on his own per Hoppe's article on Leino today (it's in the notes at the bottom):

Quote:
Meanwhile, center Jochen Hecht (possible head injury) skated on his own again.
And:

Quote:
Center Derek Roy (shoulder) practiced again but could be held out tonight when the Sabres play in Washington
So seemingly good news for both. One is able to skate on consecutive days, the other is practicing.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Let Roy heal completely IMO.

He's too important to this team to risk a nagging season-long injury for a preseason game.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
Let Roy heal completely IMO.

He's too important to this team to risk a nagging season-long injury for a preseason game.
I doubt they intend to play him, but it's good to have him practicing with the group to help get his timing ready for the season.

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Ruff ruled Hecht out for playing in Germany, per GR this morning.

From TBN yesterday:

Quote:
"I’m making progress," said Hecht, who also was sidelined by a concussion last season. "I’ve been skating on my own for a couple days, and today I did the pregame skate with the team, so it’s a step in the right direction.

"You worry about your health, and you want to make sure when you come back that you’re healthy and not taking steps backward. ... Every case is an individual case. I’m just worrying about how I feel, how I can make sure when I come back that I won’t have any problems again."

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 10:23 AM
sabresfan129103

any Gaustad update?

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 02:08 PM
rabi

besides the additional goalie for Europe, I'm trying to find if we are allowed any additional roster spots...I thought the number is 25..

so, depending if Hecht has to go on IR, we might need to make some cuts

rabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 04:51 AM
jfb392

Both Hamilton and Vogl are reporting that Hecht had a headache recently and didn't practice with the team today.
He did skate by himself, however.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:22 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Both Hamilton and Vogl are reporting that Hecht had a headache recently and didn't practice with the team today.
So it begins.

Old
10-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
At least he's skating.
Quote:
Hecht per Hoppe's article on Leino today (it's in the notes at the bottom)
Quote:
Ruff ruled Hecht out for playing in Germany, per GR this morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Quote:
Unfortunately for Jochen Hecht and any Germans looking for the Mannheim native, he was unable to skate with his teammates during most of the session. He suffered a headache recently, setting back his progress from a concussion. He is going to skate at the end to treat the fans.
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...-practice.html

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 11:41 AM
zTheWalkingDead

Vanek listed as Injured?

According to the recently released roster information by the NHL, it lists Thomas Vanek and Mike Weber as injured.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=594687

On an aside, it has Jochen Hecht as healthy.

zTheWalkingDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Looks like some kind of programming error. Vanek and Weber are the last two listed on the roster when sorted alphabetically, which that list is. For whatever reason it randomly put them in the injured column.

Old
10-12-2011, 06:06 PM
HogtownSabresfan

I'm not counting on getting much if anything out of Hecht this season.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 09:04 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
I'm not counting on getting much if anything out of Hecht this season.
I beg to differ, it sounds like he is just about ready to go and we have ourselves an interesting game of musical chairs coming soon ..

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/11157314...tentId=9133932

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGR55
Hecht has been cleared for contact by the Sabres on Tuesday, and skated in the hour-long session. Head coach Lindy Ruff updated reporters on the forward's status after practice.

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 12:21 PM
joshjull

Hecht out for the weekend, Sabres to be extra cautious with latest concussion

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...oncussion.html

Quote:
"Jochen won’t be ready for this weekend,'' Ruff said after practice in First Niagara Center. "We gave him a little extra today, but we need to be sure this time around. We need to pound him physically and take him to the limit, which we haven’t taken him to the limit yet. We’re getting close, but it’s not a case where we’re going to put him in and guess or put him in because we’re close.

"In Jochen’s case, there’s a history, which changes a lot of things. The couple of instances at the end of last year, that history makes his situation different than anybody else’s. You monitor how he feels. If his head doesn’t feel right -- which he hasn’t given it the, "Jeez, I feel great. I feel good." -- he still doesn’t seem like he’s there yet, and that’s why you keep him out of contact. The real heavy stuff we’ll ramp up in the next few days. We don’t know if we get to the battle stuff if he’ll make it through it."

Old
10-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

No reason to rush him back at this point, anyway. It'll be nice when he does return, but he might as well take his time this early in the season.