HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Gionta anxious..

Old
09-30-2011, 06:48 AM
HabsDood

vCash: 500
Gionta anxious..

http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouve...nte-99370.html

Quote:
MONTRÉAL - Il se fait tard. Le Canadien n'a plus qu'un match préparatoire afin de se remettre sur les rails. Des vétérans montrent des signes d'impatience, incluant le capitaine Brian Gionta qui déteste perdre, que ça compte ou pas.

« Oui, la situation est frustrante. Et je suis tanné de perdre », a lancé Gionta, à l'issue de la sixième défaite en sept rencontres du Tricolore.

« Les matchs précédents, ça pouvait se tolérer parce qu'il manquait plusieurs vétérans. Mais, au cours des deux derniers, la majorité des vétérans ont été de la partie et nous tentons d'être le plus prêt possible en vue de la saison régulière. Mais nous n'avons pas été à notre mieux ce soir. »

Le CH manque nettement de cohésion dans les trois zones et de finition près du filet ennemi. Mais le pire problème, selon Gionta, c'est le manque de soutien entre coéquipiers. « À plusieurs reprises, nous faisons le mauvais jeu. Au lieu de faire une passe à un joueur à découvert, nous envoyons la rondelle à un coéquipier qui doit battre trois rivaux. »

L'inefficacité du jeu de puissance n'est pas une source de préoccupation pour lui, tant que l'équipe créera des occasions de marquer, comme ç'a été le cas jeudi.

Basically it says that Gio's anxious.. Not want to lose, hates it et all.. I don't think he had such a great pre-season but he's the captn.. I guess he has to say these things..

Anyway all will be fine but I think this team is a bit spoiled.. Fans deserve better don't we?

Playing with Gomez might have somtn to do with this thread

Gionta pissed?

The dramaaaaa...

PS: Mods, feel free to mod on this

HabsDood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 06:59 AM
BLONG7

Good for Gio for speaking out, that being said It's the preseason, and I would rather be 1-6 than 6-1 and thinking we are world beaters....

They will win their last preseason game, and get ready for Oct 6th...preseason means nothing, especially with the lineups they threw out there recently. Personally, they play too many preseason games, in too short a time, and don't get to practice enough...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Belso

I understand also that before they had a lot of rookies. So I'm also a little worried that they are still shooting blanks with a more complete team on the ice. But they did hit some posts and haven't really played with each other much.. Let's hope they have time to get to play together more and get it together before the season starts.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 07:40 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouve...nte-99370.html
Playing with Gomez might have somtn to do with this thread
Actually he played with DD last night.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 08:12 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

He's frustrated, not anxious.

Anxious implies he's worried. I'd say he's more upset than anything.

I'm not too concerned. This team has shown an ability to come together and pull through when times are tough. I have never been more at ease with the overall leadership core on this team (Gio, Cam, Gorges, Gill, Gomez, etc...)

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:00 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
I understand also that before they had a lot of rookies. So I'm also a little worried that they are still shooting blanks with a more complete team on the ice. But they did hit some posts and haven't really played with each other much.. Let's hope they have time to get to play together more and get it together before the season starts.
Maybe next year, they gonna have a more intelligent planned pre season with less players, less back to back to back games.

Buffalo has played with most of its regular players since the beginning. They gonna be ready when the bell rings.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Maybe next year, they gonna have a more intelligent planned pre season with less players, less back to back to back games.

Buffalo has played with most of its regular players since the beginning. They gonna be ready when the bell rings.
There's pretty much zero correlation between pre-season and regular season success or failure.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:07 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
There's pretty much zero correlation between pre-season and regular season success or failure.
When this team will lost its 3 or 4 first season games, because they are not ready, you will sing another song.

Old
09-30-2011, 10:17 AM
missthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Actually he played with DD last night.
DD played the last 2 periods with gallagher and Kosty

missthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
When this team will lost its 3 or 4 first season games, because they are not ready, you will sing another song.
No, I won't. Because one instance of a team having a bad pre-season and then having a bad regular season won't change the fact that there's no evidence to suggest they are connected.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:27 AM
le_sean

The preseason has shown us the lack of prospect depth the team has. It has nothing to do with the current on ice product. Having to dress players like Masse and Trotter is pretty sad. I'm aware of the injuries, but still, we've missed out on a couple 2nd rounders and a 1st rounder recently and it shows.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:35 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

Buffalo is in Europe... they dont have much time to test all their rookies...

just like the NYR...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:37 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
The preseason has shown us the lack of prospect depth the team has. It has nothing to do with the current on ice product. Having to dress players like Masse and Trotter is pretty sad. I'm aware of the injuries, but still, we've missed out on a couple 2nd rounders and a 1st rounder recently and it shows.
Trotter isn't so bad. I'd group Masse with Saint-Denis though. Awful.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 10:39 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
there was more or less 60 players... do you expect them to all be NHL material and ready ?

seriously...

Old
09-30-2011, 11:22 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
there was more or less 60 players... do you expect them to all be NHL material and ready ?

seriously...
We have good prospects, but not great prospects escept maybe for Beaulieu.

To have great prospects, you need to draft in the top-ten or draft wisely. Price and Subban are two prime examples of players with superstar potential. A.K., Fischer, Chipchura and Uruqhart are prime examples of failure. We have still to wait before we can really assess Leblanc and Tinordi.

Old
09-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Bulldozer

Brian Gionta should watch himself in the mirror: he would find the reasons & answers to his frustrations...

Bulldozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:23 AM
MarkovsKnee

The fact that they're a little anxious is fine by me. It means they should be mentally to go when the real season starts. Teams that often have great exhibitions (see Leafs a couple years ago and Flames last year) often get off to poor starts because of over confidence.

Habs players will want to prove the exhibition season was just an anomaly.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Peace

We have some good talent up front. I think that even if the cohesion isnt 100% fine we'll be able to have a good start. With Price in the nets we should be very competitive.

He's the cptn, of course he must not be happy how things went in the pre-season.

Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Has he should be......time to step up for this team.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:02 PM
gifted88
Dante the poet

I blame Martin. He is our biggest problem offensively, not the players. We have some talented goal scorers in the line-up.

gifted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gifted88 View Post
I blame Martin. He is our biggest problem offensively, not the players. We have some talented goal scorers in the line-up.
Honnestly we are far from playing our system right now. They will score goals when they start playing a better transition game. We have a lot of fast forward we live and die with quick transition and PP goals.

Old
09-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

If there is anything we can glean from the pre-season is that there are no signs Montreal's scoring problems are a thing of the past and there are no solutions to be found within the organization. I smell a lot of shutouts and 2-1 games coming up.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:26 PM
izzy75

Tired of "Chill, It's Only Pre-Season"

Sure, I'm a naysayer. So let this be a thread for the rest of us. Here's what I notice:

1. Lack of size/grit. Hell, Chris Nilan has described this team as "pathetic" and makes him nauseous. He also commented (last year) that smaller players play much smaller when they know no one is going to go to bat for them.

2. Where are the goals? We're a fast skating, goal-oriented team, yes? Did it show last year? The year before? This pre-season is sampling of what's to come.

3. If Price has an average year... we're screwed.

Eh, I'm having a bad feeling about this year. Perhaps the only upside will be the possible firing of Martin et al.

Ugh, it's going to be an ugly year.

Anyone else feeling gloomy?

izzy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:27 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
We have good prospects, but not great prospects escept maybe for Beaulieu.

To have great prospects, you need to draft in the top-ten or draft wisely. Price and Subban are two prime examples of players with superstar potential. A.K., Fischer, Chipchura and Uruqhart are prime examples of failure. We have still to wait before we can really assess Leblanc and Tinordi.
wether we have good or great prospects is irrelevant in this case... when you have close to 60 players in camp it's a given that not all of them are NHL material... and that some of those who are, just arent ready yet (Beaulieu and Gallagher for example)...

thinking we dont have depth cause a portion of the 60 arent good enough for the NHL is retarded...

I mean, we already have Pacc, Eller, White, PK, Price, Weber on the team, all under 25... we're not part of the youngest team in history contest.

Old
09-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

chill it's only pre-season